Originally a thread about people's movements after the Harrenhal Tourney, which turned into a wee project on a Roberts Rebellion timeline!

Macgregor of the North

3 hours ago, Macgregor of the North said:

@Rhaenys_Targaryen.

Was messing around in spare time so I had another stab at a timeline, fancy a browse? I have more dates to add. 

Harrenhal Tourney- Last quarter 281AC (October I’d say as per text)
"The False Spring of 281 AC lasted less than two turns. As the year drew to a close, winter returned to Westeros with a vengeance."

I'd say "somewhere in the second half of the year", as we can't say anything precise, but that's my personal opinion.

End of/Turn of the year 281-282AC- Aegon born.

Start of the year 282AC- Rhaegar heads out- final destination, the Riverlands.

Agreed. I'd like to emphasize that we have no idea how much time passed between Rhaegar leaving Dragonstone and him meeting Lyanna.

282AC:

Brandon at Riverrun with Cat, Duels Petyr.

Brandon heads to meet his father heading south for the wedding.

After two weeks healing, Petyr heads for the Vale by litter.

Lyanna goes missing with Rhaegar.

Brandon hears and goes racing to KL, not clear if he met his father. 

After a summons, Rickard heads there also. Both are executed.

Aerys calls for the heads of Ned and Robert. Sept 282AC.

Jon Arryn, in response, raises banners. The beginning of the war. Sept 282AC.

Ned heads North to raise banners. Sept 282AC.

Jon and Robert take Gulltown Sept 282AC.

Ned at Sisterton Sept 282AC.

Robert heads home to raise banners Sept- Oct 282AC. 

Robert wins three battles in one day at Summerhall Oct 282AC.

Robert meets Tyrell forces at Ashford, retreats wounded and heads North to meet with Neds forces heading south. Oct 282AC.

Tyrell and Redwyne forces descend on Storms End to begin a siege. Oct 282AC.

Robert makes it to Stoney Sept. Late 282AC.

283AC:

January 283AC.
Ned's and Hoster Tully's forces come to the aid of Robert at Stoney Sept in the Battle of the bells. Ned Marries Cat. Jon Arryn marries Lysa. Robb Stark conceived.

Barristan Selmy is sent to gather the rest of Jon Conningtons forces together after the battle of the bells.

Connington is exiled.

Lord Commander Gerold Hightower is sent to bring Rhaegar back to Kings Landing.

Rhaegar returns to KL. Takes time to train levies in preparation for battle.

Heads to the war. Dies on the Trident.

Dany conceived. Aug - Sept 283AC. 9 moon turns before May or June 284AC.
"She had been born on Dragonstone nine moons after their flight".

Sack of KL- Aug - Sept 283AC.

Jon born Aug-Oct 283AC.
8-9 months before Dany. 
If Jon is born 9 months before May 284AC, this is August 283AC.
If Jon is born 8 months before May 284AC, this is Sept 283AC.
If Jon is born 9 months before June 284AC, this is Sept 283AC.
If Jon is born 8 months before June 284AC, this is October 283AC. 

Ned lifts siege of Storms End Sept 283AC. 11 months after the siege begun. Close to a year as per Maester Cressen.
"Maester Cressen remembered the day Davos had been knighted, after the siege of Storm's End. Lord Stannis and a small garrison had held the castle for close to a year, against the great host of the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne."

Robb Stark born Oct 283AC. 9 moons after January. 
"Nine moons had waxed and waned, and Robb had been born in Riverrun while his father still warred in the south."

Ned at Tower of Joy Oct 283AC.

Dany born May - June 284AC.

Based on Rhaego's birth in early 299 AC, I'd really argue that May stands a very little chance. 

I think the general idea is good, though I'd give Robert a bit more time to raise his army. Raising an army takes time, after all. It is also interesting to take into account that Robert returned to Storm's End after the Battles at Summerhall, and spent some time there, before marching to Ashford. Stannis recalls this clearly. But it does make it unlikely that the battles at Summerhall and the battle at Ashford occured within a month of each other.

11 hours ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

I'd say "somewhere in the second half of the year", as we can't say anything precise, but that's my personal opinion.

I don't think we could push the beginning of the false Spring(around 55-60 days) back further than the beginning of August. If we do this, then with the organising of the Tourney happening in warm climate too, then the Tournry itself likely happens in Sept. Then as the Tourney, and the false Spring finishes, at the end of Sept, then October could only just class as the 'year drawing to a close' when winter returns. 

I personally believe it's a month later and that the false Spring begins early sept and finishes late October then winter hits again all November/December.

I'll change to Sept/Oct for Tourney but no more ;)

11 hours ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Agreed. I'd like to emphasize that we have no idea how much time passed between Rhaegar leaving Dragonstone and him meeting Lyanna.

Based on Rhaego's birth in early 299 AC, I'd really argue that May stands a very little chance. 

I think the general idea is good, though I'd give Robert a bit more time to raise his army. Raising an army takes time, after all. It is also interesting to take into account that Robert returned to Storm's End after the Battles at Summerhall, and spent some time there, before marching to Ashford. Stannis recalls this clearly. But it does make it unlikely that the battles at Summerhall and the battle at Ashford occured within a month of each other.

Agreed that with the top part we have zero text to work with on that front. Only assumption.

I'll try and work with just June for Dany to see where it places things. 

Noted on Robert returning to Storms End with the Summerhall defeated Lords. I'll take that into account with my edit. I'll admit, this part is gonna be the toughest. It's hard to work in the Storms end siege lasting close to a year. And it's pretty close too, as only Cressen classes it like that. The other sources say a year. I truly dont think i could stretch the 'close' to ten months. I have to work with eleven.

Then, the more you try and work that in the tougher it gets to keep the actual war raging on for close to a year, which I think we could just about say ten months but it is also more likely eleven months.

Thanks for input. Back soonish.

15 hours ago, Macgregor of the North said:

I mean about it being a false date in the sense that we know Ned never fathered Jon after he married Catelyn, we know that just by reading about him, and well, we believe RLJ anyways so isn't it likely that Ned just lets Cat believe that Jon is younger than Robb(as in Ned slept with someone else after their wedding like Cat thinks) so she believes he is no threat to her children in succesion terms. 

This way Ned doesn't have to 'make up' a date, as Cat assumes Robb is older as per them conceiving him on their wedding night.

But in reality, there's a chance the Lyanna birthed Jon before Robbs birth date in Oct 283AC.

But Jon celebrates a nameday, so he must have been told a date at some point. That date would have had to come from Ned.  So it's not just Catelyn assuming a date.

7 minutes ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

But Jon celebrates a nameday, so he must have been told a date at some point. That date would have had to come from Ned.  So it's not just Catelyn assuming a date.

If Ned Knows Jon is older than Robb he tells Cat he is younger, as she assumes anyway as she believes Ned cheated on campaign after their wedding. That's what I'm getting at. 

Heads up, new timeline coming your way. 

@Rhaenys_Targaryen

Newest timeline.

Harrenhal Tourney- Sept - Oct 281AC

"The False Spring of 281 AC lasted less than two turns. As the year drew to a close, winter returned to Westeros with a vengeance."

End of/Turn of the year 281-282AC- Aegon born.

Start of the year 282AC- Rhaegar heads out- final destination, the Riverlands.

282AC:

Brandon at Riverrun with Cat, Duels Petyr.

Brandon heads to meet his father heading south for the wedding.

After two weeks healing, Petyr heads for the Vale by litter.

Lyanna goes missing with Rhaegar.

Brandon hears and goes racing to KL, not clear if he met his father. 

After a summons, Rickard heads there also. Both are executed.

Aerys calls for the heads of Ned and Robert. Sept 282AC.

Jon Arryn, in response, raises banners. The beginning of the war. Sept 282AC.

Ned heads North to raise banners. Sept 282AC.

Jon and Robert take Gulltown Sept 282AC.

Ned at Sisterton Sept 282AC.

Robert heads home by ship, risking capture by the Royal fleet, to raise his banners Sept- Oct 282AC. 

Robert wins three battles in one day at Summerhall Oct 282AC. Returns to Storms End. 

Robert meets Tyrell forces at Ashford, retreats wounded and heads North to meet with Neds forces heading south. Oct- Nov 282AC.

Tyrell and Redwyne forces descend on Storms End to begin a siege. Nov 282AC.

Robert makes it to Stoney Sept. Late 282AC.

Kings hand, Jon Connington surrounds the town with his forces, looking for Robert.

283AC:

January 283AC.
Ned's and Hoster Tully's forces come to the aid of Robert at Stoney Sept in the Battle of the bells. Ned Marries Cat. Jon Arryn marries Lysa. Robb Stark conceived.

Barristan Selmy is sent to gather the rest of Jon Conningtons forces together after the battle of the bells.

Connington is exiled.

Lord Commander Gerold Hightower is sent to bring Rhaegar back to Kings Landing.

Rhaegar returns to KL. Takes time to train levies in preparation for battle.

Heads to the war. Dies on the Trident.

Dany conceived. Sept 283AC. 9 moon turns before June 284AC.
"She had been born on Dragonstone nine moons after their flight".

Sack of KL- Sept 283AC.
(End of the war, In answer to the war beginning when Jon Arryn raised his banners in Sept 282AC. Ned says the war raged close to a year. This is as close as I can get without pushing back Jon Arryn raising his banners to August 282AC, which would mean from beginning to end the war raged over a year.)

Jon born Sept - Oct 283AC.
8-9 months before Dany. 
If Jon is born 9 months before June 284AC, this is Sept 283AC.
If Jon is born 8 months before June 284AC, this is October 283AC. 

Ned lifts siege of Storms End - Oct 283AC. 11 months after the siege begun. Close to a year as per Maester Cressen.
"Maester Cressen remembered the day Davos had been knighted, after the siege of Storm's End. Lord Stannis and a small garrison had held the castle for close to a year, against the great host of the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne."

Robb Stark born Oct 283AC. 9 moons after January. 
"Nine moons had waxed and waned, and Robb had been born in Riverrun while his father still warred in the south."

Ned at Tower of Joy - Oct - Nov 283AC.

Dany born - June 284AC.

9 hours ago, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

@Macgregor of the North,

Sorry for the late reply!

We could always be off by a few weeks, sure, but  I think that this is a very accurate representation of the timeline!

No bother @Rhaenys_Targaryen. I had thought you had maybe abandoned the wee task we were working on but I know life is a busy old game. Good to hear back from you and quite chuffed the timeline we came up with is agreeable. Your input was brilliant and I think you have great knowledge of asoiaf. 

I was gonna post this as a new thread but will maybe just change the title and edit the OP to say, this post was primarily about people's movements after Harrenhal but it grew to be a wee RR timeline project. Check it out on page 9. 

Thanks again Rhaenys. ;)

8 minutes ago, Macgregor of the North said:

No bother @Rhaenys_Targaryen. I had thought you had maybe abandoned the wee task we were working on but I know life is a busy old game. Good to hear back from you and quite chuffed the timeline we came up with is agreeable. Your input was brilliant and I think you have great knowledge of asoiaf. 

I was gonna post this as a new thread but will maybe just change the title and edit the OP to say, this post was primarily about people's movements after Harrenhal but it grew to be a wee RR timeline project. Check it out on page 9. 

Thanks again Rhaenys. ;)

:thumbsup:

Robert did return to storm's end with cafferen and silveraxe, etc... Stannis recalls the throwing axes with them story... BUT i do thnk he went to SE prior to summerhallx3... he sailed from the vale so he needed at least some forces to battle the stormalnds loyalists so imo... Vale - SE - Summerhall - SE again - Ashford- etc

On 17 September 2016 at 5:13 PM, Laughing Storm Reborn said:

Robert did return to storm's end with cafferen and silveraxe, etc... Stannis recalls the throwing axes with them story... BUT i do thnk he went to SE prior to summerhallx3... he sailed from the vale so he needed at least some forces to battle the stormalnds loyalists so imo... Vale - SE - Summerhall - SE again - Ashford- etc

I say that in the timeline. 

Archived