Is Dany really Dany?

SFDanny

If Dany is Lyanna's daughter, Ned is an absolute scumbag and potentially worst uncle in Westeros. He allows his niece to be married off to a barbarian warlord and responds to Robert's plan to kill her with a shrug and a resignation. No plans to send someone to help her, warn her or anything, no. He just plans to go back North and maybe stop off at Dragonstone to chat with Stannis. How is this in keeping with Ned's character at all?

2 minutes ago, WSmith84 said:

If Dany is Lyanna's daughter, Ned is an absolute scumbag and potentially worst uncle in Westeros. He allows his niece to be married off to a barbarian warlord and responds to Robert's plan to kill her with a shrug and a resignation. No plans to send someone to help her, warn her or anything, no. He just plans to go back North and maybe stop off at Dragonstone to chat with Stannis. How is this in keeping with Ned's character at all?

Perhaps it was what he had promised Lyanna - "please, Ned, promise me that you will send my daughter to a psycho prince, let her spend her childhood without a stable home or a parent figure, never provide for her, never send or receive any news about her, and generally don't give a fuck about her".

/end of sarcastic font/

3 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

Perhaps it was what he had promised Lyanna - "please, Ned, promise me that you will send my daughter to a psycho prince, let her spend her childhood without a stable home or a parent figure, never provide for her, never send or receive any news about her, and generally don't give a fuck about her".

/end of sarcastic font/

Also:

'Hmm, who shall I trust to protect my niece and keep her secret and safe? Howland Reed, one of my best friends who lives in a hidden castle that no one ever visits and that is part of my kingdom or someone in Dorne for (insert reason here)? Decisions, decisions...'

8 minutes ago, WSmith84 said:

Also:

'Hmm, who shall I trust to protect my niece and keep her secret and safe? Howland Reed, one of my best friends who lives in a hidden castle that no one ever visits and that is part of my kingdom or someone in Dorne for (insert reason here)? Decisions, decisions...'

In fanfiction, there is such a nice label for these procedings: OOC. Which means, "out of character". There is no way I can see Ned do such a thing.

Archived