Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jon's Queen Consort

ASOIAF Guessing Game version II AfU: Favorite historical male character: Top 5. Number 1

Recommended Posts

I'm not at all sure of this, just speculating:

We may have seen Azor Ahai reborn (as Stannis, Daenerys, Jon Snow, whoever) or we may not have seen him at all (if the whole thing is just a tale).

AA wanted to end the Long Night. Or perhaps he started it. OR: He wanted to forge a special sword. But perhaps he just had sex with Nissa Nissa, who then died in childbirth.

Salt and smoke, bleeding star? Do these signs / clues come from him? Or are they more recent inventions? And what do they mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AA could fit the description.

my initial impression was Mushroom the fool, but that may have been completely off as I only read the World of Ice and Fire once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see how any of this could refer to Mushroom.

 

Azor Ahai seems most likely, and I can't think of anyone else, so I'm going with AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Number 17; Brandon Snow with 23 points.

The bastard brother of the last king in the North king Torrhen Stark was rumored to have a plan to kill Aegon’s dragons. In one of Bran’s visions we see a fierce man who may or may not be Brandon creating three arrows from weirwood branches. This vision might give us a clue about how the dragons die or may not.

 Annara Snow  15
Julia H. 15
Lady of Whisperers  15
Little Scribe of Naath  15
Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theon Stark the hungry wolf?

Brandon the Shipwright?

I keep trying to come up with a Targ king that is "not famous" but having a hard time with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Viserys II.

If anything, we should have assumed AA would be higher.

It never occurred to me that Brandon might have had clues how to kill dragons... Actually, I still can"t see that. It seems more likely that we've already learned how dragons can die: 1) by another dragon, 2) on the ground, chained in a confined space, attacked by thousands of people, taking out hundreds with them. I guess the Dornish of the time of the Conquest could also give clues to 3) since they somehow managed to bring down Meraxes, so if one is looking for ways to kill a dragon that does not involve another dragon, that's where I look for them.

But Brandon Snow and his bows? Err... let's just say I'm really glad for the sake of the North that Torrhen was the legitimate brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for leading all of you down the wrong path. I didn't assume AA would be higher because I, personally, am very suspicious of him and I'm not an AA fan at all. He did seem to fit the clue...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

It seems more likely that we've already learned how dragons can die

True, but we have never heard anything about weirwoods being able to kill dragons which means that the fire magic of the dragons and the magic of the nature, from the weirwoods, are not compatible. Which could mean, or it means in my mind that the dragons much like the Others are enemies of the nature and the humanity. For more you might find those interesting;

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

It never occurred to me that Brandon might have had clues how to kill dragons... Actually, I still can"t see that. It seems more likely that we've already learned how dragons can die: 1) by another dragon, 2) on the ground, chained in a confined space, attacked by thousands of people, taking out hundreds with them. I guess the Dornish of the time of the Conquest could also give clues to 3) since they somehow managed to bring down Meraxes, so if one is looking for ways to kill a dragon that does not involve another dragon, that's where I look for them.

I think the theory came about because 1) Weirwood arrows are probably magical, and don't miss their mark (it is speculated that's why Bloodraven prefers weirwood arrows) and 2) the eye of the dragon being a weak spot.   

If both assumptions are right, Brandon Snow had a decent chance of killing the dragons - but only if he was a really skilled bowman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

I think this is Viserys II.

Wow, I (wrongly)  assumed the daring Brandon Snow would be higher up on the list :P

I did not have Brandon Snow on  my list, so that may have contributed to his "low" rank.

9 hours ago, Annara Snow said:

Viserys II.

If anything, we should have assumed AA would be higher.

It never occurred to me that Brandon might have had clues how to kill dragons... Actually, I still can"t see that. It seems more likely that we've already learned how dragons can die: 1) by another dragon, 2) on the ground, chained in a confined space, attacked by thousands of people, taking out hundreds with them. I guess the Dornish of the time of the Conquest could also give clues to 3) since they somehow managed to bring down Meraxes, so if one is looking for ways to kill a dragon that does not involve another dragon, that's where I look for them.

But Brandon Snow and his bows? Err... let's just say I'm really glad for the sake of the North that Torrhen was the legitimate brother.

Ok I feel dumb. Gambling on Viserys II. You are correct, as the "fifth" king he would have less notoriety than the other four from "Lives of Four Kings", yet did very well as Hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Number 16; Viserys II Targaryen 25 points.

Viserys Targaryen the second of his name was just 8 years old when his parents mother Queen Rhaenyra and father Prince Daemon died and he was taken captive after of the Battle of the Gullet. When he returned to Westeros he was the only person who Aegon III truly trusted. He was married with Larra Rogare who gave him three children Aegon IV, Aemon the Dragonknight and Naerys and when Larra abandoned him and their children he became stern. He was the Hand of three different Kingd, Aegon III, Daeron I and Baelor I and he eventually became the King at the age of 49 years he ruled for little over a year as a King when in reality he had ruled around  than 20 years as the Hand.  His reign may have been short but he has proved to be capable, wise, progressive and shrewd. He died in the age of 50 after a sudden illness which might not be just an illness.  He was succeeded by his eldest son Aegon IV. Thus one of the most capable Targaryen Kings was succeeded by one of the worst Kings in Westerosi history.

 

 

Annara Snow  15+5=20

Julia H. 15+5=20

Lady of Whisperers  15+5=20

Little Scribe of Naath  15+5=20

Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer 15+5=20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×