Looking for information on Sv Mikulas day

Gertrude

Even in regions that have been predominantly protestant almost since the reformation (or more recently mostly non-religious) like north/northeast Germany one will still find churches named for St. Nicolas and St. Peter in almost every coastal town because of the obvious patronage connection. I didn't know that he was responsible for the bankers, too...

10 hours ago, Ygrain said:

So, how did your presentation go? :-)

It went well - thank you for thinking of it :)

I appreciate all the input you guys gave me. It gave me a lot more confidence in speaking about it. It's one thing to read about it for research, but it was good to hear from people who actually live it. Our meetings are mostly language review and lessons, but we try to add a theme or flavor to them to keep up interest. I was able to pull out several new vocabulary words for us from the presentation, so that's a bonus. It's not a very critical audience, but it's fun.

Again, the help was much appreciated. Hope you all had happy holidays.

20 hours ago, Gertrude said:

It went well - thank you for thinking of it :)

I appreciate all the input you guys gave me. It gave me a lot more confidence in speaking about it. It's one thing to read about it for research, but it was good to hear from people who actually live it. Our meetings are mostly language review and lessons, but we try to add a theme or flavor to them to keep up interest. I was able to pull out several new vocabulary words for us from the presentation, so that's a bonus. It's not a very critical audience, but it's fun.

Again, the help was much appreciated. Hope you all had happy holidays.

Oh, I am a rather curious person, and as a teacher, doubly so :-) I'm glad to hear that you found the input helpful. If you need any further contributions, feel free to contact me :-)

Archived