How would you punish house Bolton?

Stormking902

Okay, I haven't read the whole thread yet but I will lol however, for now I would go total bitch and say "delegate."  I would round up the main victims together with their backers, expose their crimes, like Red Wedding, what Ramsay did to Jeyne in the books and Sansa in the show and let the thirsty Northern Lords take care of them.  

Personally I think in the books will turn up to be one of the father/son combo killed possibly even in battle by Stannis, who will win but will die himself somewhat, but shortly after, I think... and Ramsay will be a revenge affair.

Okay, maybe some of what I am saying here I want for LF, and in the books Sansa and Tyrion are not meant to be that invested on Ramsay as on LF who truly screwed them both but okay, just for the purpose of the sort of dynamic, as far as say Sansa is concerned there is the Red Wedding and what he did to his childhood friend, but also to Lady Hornwood and yet again the RW for the Northern Lords.  I would be more Lannister than Stark in this though ;) and would not swing the sword, not because I would be afraid of doing it or squeamish but because I would like them to see in their final moments what the Northern Lords and servants alike thought of them; lol going really Cersei/Unella in the show here but yeah.  Roose is probably more to blame than Ramsay in that he is more functional.  I simply see Ramsay as a dog that has to be put down because he has rabies lol but I guess a touch of his own medicine...  He would certainly be in Arya's list if she knew about him but I think "death by Arya would be a bit too clean and quick."  She is an assassin not a game player as yet... Going for Sansa with "friends and/or family."  I know in the books he is not directly cruel to her in fact they haven't even met if I recall, so maybe more for Roose re RW.  I certainly would not give them "mercy."  You guys are going to think I am as psychopathic as Ramsay lol ;) Now, Theon would be the absolutely perfect "weapon".  He betrayed the Starks but more than paid for it, let him be one of the ones that swings the sword but some Northern Lords at it too a la "Murder in the Orient Express"!   For Ramsay I think it has to be Theon to be honest but maybe the master puppeteer could be someone else.  Making him do it, say if you are a Stark, would both punish and reward him (Theon) with one stroke.

58 minutes ago, Ser Scott Malkinson said:

:lmao: yes, that should do it! You forgot the most evil part of your earlier post though, not EVER allowing them to read the ending, though this torture should drive them to killing themselves long before that comes out anyway.

lol I have to agree with the torture of not knowing the ending ;)

22 hours ago, Mage of Hornets said:

I'm in favor of gruesome deaths for Roose and Ramsay, but going full Castamere on the whole house seems excessively Tywin. GRRM often shows us that the lordly houses are each a mixed bag of nuts, with good and bad throughout their history. The late Domeric Bolton, for instance, sounds like a decent guy (from the little we know of him).

I agree and I wouldn't make the House extinct as in cousins or whatever, would only punish the ones who have done something very wrong without any moral justification, in my character's view.  Okay, this opens a can of worms because many of the main characters have done something wrong at some point.  Certainly Jaime, Tyrion, Arya, Dany  and Theon come to mind and I think Sansa is to join them shortly lol but there are different "shades of grey" lol and the Boltons take the biscuit!  Now, if the surviving members allowed to live got cocky in a world as brutal as theirs as Daario once said in the show "if you are a ruler, you are a butcher or meat..."  Not what I believe at all in our real world but theirs truly is brutal.

11 hours ago, Yukle said:

I'd attaint them and send them to the Night's Watch. The people living among them would be given some leniency and expected to live under their new lords.

Which wouldn't be hard - I can't imagine the Boltons commanded much loyalty.

Well, that seems like a nice and pacifist solution but if I were Jon I would have them murdered in their sleep lol after Janos et al... It seems standard procedure than anyone, even Jon, a bastard, and Sam, seemingly useless achieve high positions at the Wall because they have the advantage, not necessarily privilege or favour of the other brothers, of a good noble education, so nope!  They would rise again for sure if given that chance.

10 hours ago, The Ice Wolf of Loki said:

Strip them of their titles, execute the lord, send the heir to the wall on a short leash and distribute their lands amongst the other Lords and have the Dreadfort torn down to be reused as building supplies for lesser keeps. Whilst Castles shouldn't be wasted the Dreadfort is a symbol that needs to be wiped clean if only to break a cycle.

Please, please not the Wall again; Ramsay would ally with the WW or you might be right in that is a good idea and he would attempt to flay them to no avail lol the fun! ;)  Now I do agree re Dreadfort...  Mind you, Cat was grey but mainly good before she became undead; imagine the thought of putting Ramsay in an environment where he might, out of arrogance more likely, end up undead too... cringes :)  Mind you, he would probably annoy the NK so much that they would end up spending time counter-acting him, supposing Un-Ramsay is that good and hence giving humanity a respite for a time lol- being silly here of course but lol the image just stuck in my mind!

48 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

They would rise again for sure if given that chance.

I was thinking of the whole house, not just the leaders. The Boltons will consist of more than one family, after all.

The leaders like Ramsay and Roose - well... anything at all can happen to them and I don't really care.

2 hours ago, Yukle said:

I was thinking of the whole house, not just the leaders. The Boltons will consist of more than one family, after all.

The leaders like Ramsay and Roose - well... anything at all can happen to them and I don't really care.

You do make good points about a more reasonable punishment.  Hope my comments didn't upset you; it just such a brutal world though although there is beauty in it too.  I am not for the idea of destroying the house house either, but Ramsay is a mad, mad dog and Roose took his chances too far but as for the minor nobles of their house I would keep an eye on but not much more for now if I felt strong enough ;)  My apologies if I thought you meant father and son in your lenient treatment and that wasn't the case.   I would not in fact, say were I, say Sansa or Arya or Jon, send the entire house to the Wall, certainly not as punishment, just like I don't believe all Lannister blood is evil etc.  The NW started off as an honourable institution, hence people like Maester Aemon (one of my all time favs) but I wouldn't use the place just as punishment, especially for crimes not committed.  I have spent tons of time defending Tyrion, say, so not going to punish a whole house for the crimes of the patriarch/matriarch as it might be...

Archived