What if Mel sacrifices Shireen to revive Jon, thinking Stannis dead, while he actually lives (and conquers Winterfell)

The Snow Bear

1 hour ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

If the only argument against what the writing in DwD says is that; 'I choose not believe what Dany is thinking'  with zero evidence or reasoning why she is not to be believed, then that is not a strong case.  Yeah I believe what she thinks in this situation.  She is not a liar in her thoughts any other time, and has no reason to think something false at that moment.  Her thoughts align perfectly with everything that happened and with the accounts from Barristan (who is also very trustworthy).

Yes exactly.  If my hair caught on fire and burned all the way to my scalp, my scalp would also burn, along with back and neck and face.  I have very long, thick, blonde hair just like Dany.

May your hair never burn. 

4 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Again, she said that Jorah killed Rhaego but then she killed MMD out of spite. Either she was wrong and it wasn't Jorah who killed Rhaego or she did something evil because it felt better. Which one it is? A mistake or pure malevolence?

The soldiers round them up and the dictator has them all burned to death in camps. If I say the soldiers are responsible does that absolve the dictator? 

Just now, Lost Melnibonean said:

The soldiers round them up and the dictator has them all burned to death in camps. If I say the soldiers are responsible does that absolve the dictator? 

The dictator was planning to kill the people in the camps. There is no proof that MMD was planning to kill Rhaego. 

6 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

The dictator was planning to kill the people in the camps. There is no proof that MMD was planning to kill Rhaego. 

So, the maegi expected the horse to be sufficient? Only death can pay for life. 

(Notwithstanding what the George's characters might believe, Rhaego was a goner.) 

1 minute ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

So, the maegi expected the horse to be sufficient? Only death can pay for life. 

(Notwithstanding what the George's characters might believe, Rhaego was a goner.) 

She somehow knew that Jorah would carry Dany in the tent? I don't think that she knew it, it was a happy accident. Also of course Rhaego would had die one way or another, Dany had to be free and she couldn't be free with a baby.

22 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

She somehow knew that Jorah would carry Dany in the tent? I don't think that she knew it, it was a happy accident. Also of course Rhaego would had die one way or another, Dany had to be free and she couldn't be free with a baby.

So, whose death did the maegi have in mind?  

3 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

So, whose death did the maegi have in mind?  

Drogo's, he was never to be saved. He didn't had to die, yet he *died* before Dany kill him. In any case, that is your excuse? Maegi wanted someone to die and even if there is nothing in the text to prove that or she somehow knew that Jorah would take Dany in the tent. What is next? She skinchanged into Jorah?

3 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Drogo's, he was never to be saved. He didn't had to die, yet he *died* before Dany kill him. In any case, that is your excuse? Maegi wanted someone to die and even if there is nothing in the text to prove that or she somehow knew that Jorah would take Dany in the tent. What is next? She skinchanged into Jorah?

So, if Drogo was never to be saved, what the heck was dancing with the wolf and the burning man et al. for? 

So, if Drogo was never to be saved, what the heck was dancing with the wolf and the burning man et al. for? 

To take his life and make it impossible to be saved. For people like Drogo, whose strength is based on his body, being how Drogo ended up being could be way worse than dying.

But you haven't answered; Dany killing MMD was a mistake or malevolence?

MMD did want to kill Rhaego; 

"You murdered my child within me."

"The stallion who mounts the world will burn no cities now. His khalasar shall trample no nations into dust." -- GoT

She knew what she was doing, she wanted to kill him.  She knew Dany had no where else to go to birth the baby.

Dany killed the woman who murdered her son.  It wasn't a mistake or malevolence, it was a natural reaction.

5 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

MMD did want to kill Rhaego; 

There is a difference between wanting and killing. Robert wanted to kill Rhaegar children but he hadn't done it.

5 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Dany killed the woman who murdered her son.  It wasn't a mistake or malevolence, it was a natural reaction.

So Dany was lying in her PoV because she clearly said that Jorah killed her son. Also if she killed the woman who she thought that killed her child why the people in Slaver's Bay should not  kill Dany for killing their children?

1 minute ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

To take his life and make it impossible to be saved. For people like Drogo, whose strength is based on his body, being how Drogo ended up being could be way worse than dying.

But you haven't answered; Dany killing MMD was a mistake or malevolence?

I am just trying to figure out where you're coming from. (I am not a veteran of the Daenerys-Jon wars in this forum. I suspect you are?)

I do believe Daenerys believed that the maegi sacrificed her son with blood magic to save Drogo from death. I do believe she roasted the maegi in retribution, and that she did so in a way she relieved would give life to the dragons. And I believe she believes that if Jorah had not brought her into the tent, the maegi would not have been able to sacrifice her son. As to the maegi's motives, I started this thread some time ago... 

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/107265-were-khal-drogo-and-and-his-unborn-son-offerings-for-the-great-shepherd/

2 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

There is a difference between wanting and killing. Robert wanted to kill Rhaegar children but he hadn't done it.

But she did kill Rhaego. She doesn't deny it. I posted the quotes

3 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

So Dany was lying in her PoV because she clearly said that Jorah killed her son. 

Only if you read that one sentence of the book and ignore the rest of GoT.  We already covered this. 

7 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

So Dany was lying in her PoV because she clearly said that Jorah killed her son. Also if she killed the woman who she thought that killed her child why the people in Slaver's Bay should not  kill Dany for killing their children?

Some of the folks in Slaver's Bay are trying kill Daenerys. 

4 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Yeah exactly, it's a tough world, they have tried multiple times to kill her, they just havent succeeded.  Dany's too much of a badass and she has very loyal followers who help protect her (an unequivocal sign of a good ruler).

Edit: Which parents and children are you referring to here? Just curious

2 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I am just trying to figure out where you're coming from. (I am not a veteran of the Daenerys-Jon wars in this forum. I suspect you are?)

I do believe Daenerys believed that the maegi sacrificed her son with blood magic to save Drogo from death. I do believe she roasted the maegi in retribution, and that she did so in a way she relieved would give life to the dragons. And I believe she believes that if Jorah had not brought her into the tent, the maegi would not have been able to sacrifice her son. As to the maegi's motives, I started this thread some time ago... 

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/107265-were-khal-drogo-and-and-his-unborn-son-offerings-for-the-great-shepherd/

Again, she clearly said that Jorah killed her son and she only killed MMD, obviously because it was the easy thing to do. At first Dany said that Jorah killed Rhaego and then she changed and said that MMD killed Rhaego while she had no proof about it, which isn't something weird coming from a woman who ordered genocide because she felt like it. The fact is that nowhere in the books MMD had accepted that she killed Rhaego and also the fact is that Dany herself had told that Jorah killed her son.

Just now, Suzanna Stormborn said:

But she did kill Rhaego. She doesn't deny it. I posted the quotes

And Robert was happy for the deaths of Rhaegar's children and called them dragonspawn. MMD never said that she killed Rhaego, she said that Rhaego is dead in order to emotionally hurt Dany which wasn't the wrong thing to do considering what Drogo and Dany had done to her people.

Just now, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Only if you read that one sentence of the book and ignore the rest of GoT.  We already covered this. 

We did, as you said I was right and you were wrong. Even if you think that are right you still are wrong since you said that Dany was always telling the truth.

And according to Dany's fans that was the natural thing to do since she killed their children.

Just now, Lost Melnibonean said:

Oh, I see. OK, you two please carry on. (For the record, I believe Jon is the promised prince, but I like both characters--hell, I like them all.) 

I love Jon so much and have no problem with him at all. Cant wait for the rest of his story.  I love Dany too, but apparently loving her gets much more backlash and a twisting of the text to the likes of which I have never seen or experienced.

Sorry JQC, none of your arguments hold any ground. I'm done with this too.

15 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Sorry JQC, none of your arguments hold any ground. I'm done with this too.

That's just your opinion.  Same could be told about you. But at least I wasn't expecting anything better from a Dany’s fan since we have the text, just proving how sanctimonious someone can be in order to defend the evil acts of his or hers favourite character. 

15 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Oh, I see. OK, you two please carry on. (For the record, I believe Jon is the promised prince, but I like both characters--hell, I like them all.) 

What Jon has to do with Dany and Rhaego? Nothing. 

Archived