What are you listening to? XXIII - What sounds are you putting into your ears!?

Theda Baratheon

Sex Pistols-Something Else (cover of Eddie Cochran)

Well lookit there

here she comes

Here comes that girl again

One of the cutest since I don't know when

But she don't notice me, when I pass

She goes with the guys that are out of my class

But that can't stop me from a thinking to myself

That girl';s fine looking man

She's something else

Just now, Triskan said:

Manhole - You have a pretty broad spectrum of music.  Do you dabble in country-western at all?  I am pretty sure that you don't dabble much; just curious if there's any periphiral interest there.  I've recently been introduced to Sturgill Simpson who is very much in the CW genre but has crazy game.  

My dad exposed me to some of the Old School stuff, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard and the like. There are a couple of albums from those artists that still bring a smile to my face, but the genre in a general sense never really grabbed me hard.

On 6/30/2017 at 10:38 PM, Triskan said:

Manhole - You have a pretty broad spectrum of music.  Do you dabble in country-western at all?  I am pretty sure that you don't dabble much; just curious if there's any periphiral interest there.  I've recently been introduced to Sturgill Simpson who is very much in the CW genre but has crazy game.  

Speaking of Sturgill Simpson, I just got turned on to Wheeler Walker Jr who I guess has kind of trumped up a rap style diss track against Sturgill. Not sure if you've heard him or not Trisky, but his stuff is fun.

Wheeler Walker Jr.-Eatin' Pussy and Kickin' Ass (NSFW)

Still a lot of Dillinger Escape Plan, but also recently rediscovered an album that was one of my favorites in early college, Karnivools Sound Awake. Its a shame their most recent album turned out to be such a disappointment. I remember thinking these guys were going to be huge when I first heard this and in retrospect it still holds up.

Also, I was kind of skeptical on Death Grips for a long time, as I tend to be with anything that gets that level of critical acclaim. But their more recent stuff especially has been clicking for me recently.

Archived