Crackpots I believe in

chrisdaw

46 minutes ago, Unchained said:

I think a better question is what % is it that the OP is fucking with us.  I can't tell from the tone, but I am going high at 90%.  Even tinfoil hat wearers usually have some sort of evidence.  Also, I have seen him tell other people their theories are crazy.  

90% seems a good establishment. I'm edging closer to 99.9%.   

@Dorian Martell's son dude I try, but sometimes is simply impossible. I've never ever seen anything in the text that somehow explain any of those """"theories"""" I don't think I read the same book as the OP. Srsly, I simply don't understand how some people reach theirs conclusion. If someone really think that "3) Aeron is going to second life and thus become a leviathan (whale), 2) Euron is going to second life and thus become and corrupt Drogon and become a stone sphinx, a hybrid of a dragon and a kraken, 16) Dany will glamour as Ygritte in order to get Jon to have sex with her, it will work, and they'll do it against the wall where Ygritte died and the wall will crack there. 15) Arya, a princess of the kingdom of the north, will marry Robert Arryn, the king on the IT, this will reunite the realm as the KITN will then bend the knee to the king on the IT." Didn't read the same book that I have. I... cannot even dude... lol

7 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

@Dorian Martell's son dude I try, but sometimes is simply impossible. I've never ever seen anything in the text that somehow explain any of those """"theories"""" I don't think I read the same book as the OP. Srsly, I simply don't understand how some people reach theirs conclusion. If someone really think that "3) Aeron is going to second life and thus become a leviathan (whale), 2) Euron is going to second life and thus become and corrupt Drogon and become a stone sphinx, a hybrid of a dragon and a kraken, 16) Dany will glamour as Ygritte in order to get Jon to have sex with her, it will work, and they'll do it against the wall where Ygritte died and the wall will crack there. 15) Arya, a princess of the kingdom of the north, will marry Robert Arryn, the king on the IT, this will reunite the realm as the KITN will then bend the knee to the king on the IT." Didn't read the same book that I have. I... cannot even dude... lol

Moby Dick was the prequel, and the day after tomorrow is GRRMs favorite story. If you didn't know that, I could see where your confusion is coming from. Oh, and GRRM is actually Tommy Wiseau.

Just now, The Bastards Giant Friend said:

Moby Dick was the prequel, and the day after tomorrow is GRRMs favorite story. If you didn't know that, I could see where your confusion is coming from. Oh, and GRRM is actually Tommy Wiseau.

So??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

23 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

I'm certain he is fucking with us. He loved your reaction. 

58 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

I am surprised he left out a Dario or Euron is everyone else bit

On ‎5‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:23 AM, Tianzi said:

That was interesting (I don't believe any of this, but still).

Small thing: Isn't Euron older fish than Aegon?

Euron is his elder brother yes, it's not that though.

Leviathans are the "oldest and largest creatures living in the entire world". Euron's new kraken dragon sea dragon Cthulhu thingy is just that, new.

On ‎4‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 2:10 AM, Good Guy Garlan said:

Jesus, how hard are they gonna bang? 

Because I'm feeling generous. Well no, I just need to retrace it for my own memory.

"The Wall. The Wall is more than just ice and stone, he said. There are spells woven into it . . . old ones, and strong. He cannot pass beyond the Wall."

Beyond the Wall the monsters live, the giants and the ghouls, the stalking shadows and the dead that walk, she would say, tucking him in beneath his scratchy woolen blanket, but they cannot pass so long as the Wall stands strong and the men of the Night's Watch are true.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

Dany conceives, the wall's magic fails as the men of the NW don't hold true.

Symbolically, suns, moons, kissing (or other innuendo) and cracking are repeated.

One day this moon was scalded by the sun and cracked like an egg, and a million dragons poured forth.

and Azor Ahai thrust the smoking sword through her living heart. It is said that her cry of anguish and ecstasy left a crack across the face of the moon

"Every man who walks the earth casts a shadow on the world. Some are thin and weak, others long and dark. You should look behind you, Lord Snow. The moon has kissed you and etched your shadow upon the ice twenty feet tall." 

Jon glanced over his shoulder. The shadow was there, just as she had said, etched in moonlight against the Wall.

Unafraid, Dany stepped forward into the firestorm, calling to her children.
The third crack was as loud and sharp as the breaking of the world.

Dany will be glamoured as Ygritte, so

When all of them were in place, the Magnar shouted a brusque command in the Old Tongue, and five of his Thenns started up together. Even with the ladders, it was no easy climb. Ygritte watched them struggle for a while. "I hate this Wall," she said in a low angry voice. "Can you feel how cold it is?" 

"It's made of ice," Jon pointed out.

"You know nothing, Jon Snow. This wall is made o' blood."

Nor had it drunk its fill. By sunset, two of the Thenns had fallen from the ladder to their deaths, but they were the last. It was near midnight before Jon reached the top. The stars were out again, and Ygritte was trembling from the climb. "I almost fell," she said, with tears in her eyes. "Twice. Thrice. The Wallwas trying t' shake me off, I could feel it." One of the tears broke free and trickled slowly down her cheek. 

"The worst is behind us." Jon tried to sound confident. "Don't be frightened." He tried to put an arm around her.

Ygritte slammed the heel of her hand into his chest, so hard it stung even through his layers of wool, mail, and boiled leather. "I wasn't frightened. You know nothing, Jon Snow."

"Why are you crying, then?" 

"Not for fear!" She kicked savagely at the ice beneath her with a heel, chopping out a chunk. "I'm crying because we never found the Horn of Winter. We opened half a hundred graves and let all those shades loose in the world, and never found the Horn of Joramun to bring this cold thing down!"

Ygritte will in a way achieve her wish.

Finally note I chose my wording deliberately. 'And' the wall will crack there. The wall will not necessarily crack because they did it there, it may be a happy coincidence, the wall will likely be physically failing anyway. But it will crack there because Jon's guilt and shame is a key part. It will make him feel it's all his fault, adding to the shame he'll have for fathering a bastard and giving him reason to believe it's his responsibility to save the realm against the Others (he'll likely feel the responsibility isn't his anymore after his death) because he fucked up and let them through.

Archived