Will Cersei try to have kids?

Sanrast

I also think that cersei doesn't think about what happens after her. Tywin talked about family living on long after they were dead but cersei isn't like that. I think that now that her children are dead she has absolutely no interest in what happens after she is gone so she doesn't even think about it. She is just so self centered that the idea of a world without her in it doesn't seem real to her. So why bother with having heirs who in her mind will make her weaker and take power away from her. She is literally at the top.

Cersei has claimed it all in her own name, laugh, cough etc. Technically, in their society, since Jaime is no longer a Whitecloak, he is supposed to be the head of House Lannister and she usurped him too. However, she will need an heir so, yep, she will start doing it either with or without Jaime.

4 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

I think perhaps she's not looking too far ahead.

I am interested to see what the atmosphere is like in the Red Keep and King's Landing. Surely everyone must know that Cersei was/is responsible for what happened at the Sept since Wildfire is made by the pyromancers at the Red Keep. Also, it pretty much confirms that she was/is guilty of everything that she was known to be accused off in the first place. This is going to be a Mummer's Farce. Will Jaime be sniffing for her "C - o - - H" like a buck in the rut or will she have Franken-Gregor drag him to her bed chamber? Stay tuned to find out.

On 7/3/2017 at 8:46 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

I am interested to see what the atmosphere is like in the Red Keep and King's Landing. Surely everyone must know that Cersei was/is responsible for what happened at the Sept since Wildfire is made by the pyromancers at the Red Keep. Also, it pretty much confirms that she was/is guilty of everything that she was known to be accused off in the first place. This is going to be a Mummer's Farce. Will Jaime be sniffing for her "C - o - - H" like a buck in the rut or will she have Franken-Gregor drag him to her bed chamber? Stay tuned to find out.

Interesting thoughts.  But even if it is obvious what she did and what he is guilty of, she just crossed off everyone in a position to do anything about it.  House Tyrell - Decimated.   Faith Militant = Decimated.

And I don't think Jaime and Cersei will ever have sex again, even if Gregor does drag Jaime wherever Cersei wants Jaime dragged to.

I believe Jaime and Cersei's physical relationship is over, and now things will just get worse and worse between them until he crosses her off.

1 hour ago, Cron said:

Interesting thoughts.  But even if it is obvious what she did and what he is guilty of, she just crossed off everyone in a position to do anything about it.  House Tyrell - Decimated.   Faith Militant = Decimated.

And I don't think Jaime and Cersei will ever have sex again, even if Gregor does drag Jaime wherever Cersei wants Jaime dragged to.

I believe Jaime and Cersei's physical relationship is over, and now things will just get worse and worse between them until he crosses her off.

Well, at this point, what is he still there for?  Supposedly, they are making him be there for her, no matter what she has done, for her and will he mourn his last son too? I doubt it. It would be time for another riot like in Season 2 since the sept was not that big to kill more than a thousand or two in a city supposedly the size of 500k. She is an abominable Ho and everyone knows it as her actions admit it.

3 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Well, at this point, what is he still there for?  Supposedly, they are making him be there for her, no matter what she has done, for her and will he mourn his last son too? I doubt it. It would be time for another riot like in Season 2 since the sept was not that big to kill more than a thousand or two in a city supposedly the size of 500k. She is an abominable Ho and everyone knows it as her actions admit it.

Well, I think my thoughts are probably crossing over between books and show.

In the books, as I recall, when Jaime goes to the Riverlands, he gets a letter from Cersei asking him to return to King's Landing cuz she desperately needs him, and Jaime throws it in the fire.  While he's been away, he's been thinking about what Tyrion (and I think Lancel, too) have told him about Cersei having sex with multiple (possibly numerous) other men, which upsets Jaime a LOT (cuz he truly loved Cersei, and was ALWAYS faithful to her.  In books and show, up to this point, Jaime has never had sex with any woman but Cersei)

So, anyway, my strong belief is that, in the books, when Jaime returns to King's Landing, his relationship with Cersei is over.  I'm assuming the show will closely mirror this, even though the show left a lot of details out.  And look at the looks Jaime and Cersei are giving each other in their last scene of Season 6 (when Cersei is being crowned).   I interpret that as an indication that Jaime knows what Cersei did (Green Trial), and is appalled by it.  Remember, it was to prevent a VERY similar act by Aerys that Jaime killed Aerys in the first place.

As a result, my belief is that in the show, Jaime and Cersei's sexual relationship is over.  He has strong, growing feelings for Brienne, and I'm quite confident that if Cersei is ever pregnant again, Jaime won't be the father.

But hey, don't get me wrong, these are my thoughts and theories, and time will tell whether they are accurate or not.

5 minutes ago, Cron said:

Well, I think my thoughts are probably crossing over between books and show.

In the books, as I recall, when Jaime goes to the Riverlands, he gets a letter from Cersei asking him to return to King's Landing cuz she desperately needs him, and Jaime throws it in the fire.  While he's been away, he's been thinking about what Tyrion (and I think Lancel, too) have told him about Cersei having sex with multiple (possibly numerous) other men, which upsets Jaime a LOT (cuz he truly loved Cersei, and was ALWAYS faithful to her.  In books and show, up to this point, Jaime has never had sex with any woman but Cersei)

So, anyway, my strong belief is that, in the books, when Jaime returns to King's Landing, his relationship with Cersei is over.  I'm assuming the show will closely mirror this, even though the show left a lot of details out.  And look at the looks Jaime and Cersei are giving each other in their last scene of Season 6 (when Cersei is being crowned).   I interpret that as an indication that Jaime knows what Cersei did (Green Trial), and is appalled by it.  Remember, it was to prevent a VERY similar act by Aerys that Jaime killed Aerys in the first place.

As a result, my belief is that in the show, Jaime and Cersei's sexual relationship is over.  He has strong, growing feelings for Brienne, and I'm quite confident that if Cersei is ever pregnant again, Jaime won't be the father.

But hey, don't get me wrong, these are my thoughts and theories, and time will tell whether they are accurate or not.

Yeah, in the books, he is done with her, her finds out about Lancel and Lancel confirms it and he is pretty much done with Cersei, this show though, they are pushing this relationship past ridiculousness.

5 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Yeah, in the books, he is done with her, her finds out about Lancel and Lancel confirms it and he is pretty much done with Cersei, this show though, they are pushing this relationship past ridiculousness.

You could be right, but here's the thing:  My understanding is that GRRM has told the showrunners the endings for the major characters, and Jaime and Cersei definitely both qualify as major characters. The show and the books have diverged quite a bit, but they should dovetail back together, so that the endings for the major characters in books and show are the same.  And that means, in my opinion, that when Jaime returns from the Riverlands (which he has already done in the show), he will be done with Cersei, and eventually cross her off (thus fulfilling the Valonqar prophecy)

But hey, it's just my opinion.

40 minutes ago, Cron said:

You could be right, but here's the thing:  My understanding is that GRRM has told the showrunners the endings for the major characters, and Jaime and Cersei definitely both qualify as major characters. The show and the books have diverged quite a bit, but they should dovetail back together, so that the endings for the major characters in books and show are the same.  And that means, in my opinion, that when Jaime returns from the Riverlands (which he has already done in the show), he will be done with Cersei, and eventually cross her off (thus fulfilling the Valonqar prophecy)

But hey, it's just my opinion.

I think Jaime and Cersei will have another confrontation in the books but the scenario on the show is seemingly over the top.

1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Book Jaime sends his regrets. No, wait, he burns them. Help, save me, it's life or death! Put that note in the fire. I miss him. We almost had him on the show in season 3, then nope...

7 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Book Jaime sends his regrets. No, wait, he burns them. Help, save me, it's life or death! Put that note in the fire. I miss him. We almost had him on the show in season 3, then nope...

yep, I suppose they decided to scrap Aegon and extend the Carol's Landing and she had to have her baby daddy loyal to her a bit longer.

9 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I think Jaime and Cersei will have another confrontation in the books but the scenario on the show is seemingly over the top.

Hmmm.   Not sure what you mean by "over the top."  A lot of people, including me, believe Jaime is destined to cross Cersei off.  Both the books and the show have a widening gulf between Jaime and Cersei.

I'm not saying you're "wrong," just saying I'm not sure I know what you mean.

Archived