Jaime appreciation thread

I know the show is the show and the books are the books, but if Jaime survives Episode 4 (which I suspect he will), he might do so under some interesting circumstances: "resurrected" under smoke, salt, and a bleeding star.

Resurrected in the sense that he'll have drowned, or almost drowned, and brought back from death/the brink of death. Also, his emotional reactions during the battle seem to imply a major, wrenching character shift for him - a more metaphorical resurrection.

Smoke - obvious smoke is obvious.

Salt - all the ash on the ground. Or, perhaps more literally, salt from one of the destroyed food stores.

Bleeding star - the sun turns "bloody" in the presence of smoke and fire.

And then I found this video on YouTube, posted June of this year, and it makes some interesting connections. It stretches a few times too, but what I found most interesting (starting around 9:30) were that the Valyrian words for "lord" and "light" are almost identical to those for "gold" and "hand", plus when Jojen Reed talked about knowing "the end" when you see it, he's studying his right hand. Which is on fire. :blink:

Jaime is unintentionally the best candidate for the Iron Throne imo.

In the show his development has been stunted by D&Ds girlpower + Lena Headley workship.

Even still, Jaime's character arc is one of the best in show.

He already solved conflicts through sheer diplomacy in the Riverlands and also in Dorne, where he got them to agree on good terms for Myrcella to come back home, AND for Trystan to come too! as an "hostage" and marry Myrcella creating an alliance by blood between the Throne and Dorne (no one could predict the Ellaria bullshit plan to kill her own kin).

Jaime has become the best diplomat in Westeros, and no one noticed. He already was a great commander and fighter.

Jaime cares about the people, he allways did, he only killed Aerys when he ordered the pyromancers to burn everyone in KingsLanding. He's not mad nor cruel. He doesnt desire power, he ran away from every chance to rule. He's very protective of those he cares about, his familly and Brienne. He pushed Bran again -> to save his familly.

He allways has the right motivation, but in the past he had terrible luck, he was never presented with good options, it was either live or die for him and his familly.

Jaime wanted to become Athur Dayne. Someday they will call him Goldenhand the Just.

21 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

In the show his development has been stunted by D&Ds girlpower + Lena Headley workship.

He already solved conflicts through sheer diplomacy in the Riverlands and also in Dorne, where he got them to agree on good terms for Myrcella to come back home, AND for Trystan to come too! as an "hostage" and marry Myrcella creating an alliance by blood between the Throne and Dorne (no one could predict the Ellaria bullshit plan to kill her own kin).

Jaime has become the best diplomat in Westeros, and no one noticed. He already was a great commander and fighter.

Jaime cares about the people, he allways did, he only killed Aerys when he ordered the pyromancers to burn everyone in KingsLanding. He's not mad nor cruel. He doesnt desire power, he ran away from every chance to rule. He's very protective of those he cares about, his familly and Brienne. He pushed Bran again -> to save his familly.

He allways has the right motivation, but in the past he had terrible luck, he was never presented with good options, it was either live or die for him and his familly.

Jaime wanted to become Athur Dayne. Someday they will call him Goldenhand the Just.

Eh. Jaime in the books and prior to the last few seasons is a terrific character but he's not exactly a hero. He has done some awful things. 

29 minutes ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Show Jaime doesn't give a shit about the people or he would have at least asked Cersei what the fuck was she thinking when she murdered thousands in a bath of wildfyre.  The show has eliminated any sense of decency he has.  

1 minute ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Show Jaime doesn't give a shit about the people or he would have at least asked Cersei what the fuck was she thinking when she murdered thousands in a bath of wildfyre.  The show has eliminated any sense of decency he has.  

It shocked me this season when he didn't openly oppose Cersei. I was sure that's where they were going given the final episode of S6. Their failure to make that happen has truly ruined show Jaime. 

8 minutes ago, Snormund said:

Eh. Jaime in the books and prior to the last few seasons is a terrific character but he's not exactly a hero. He has done some awful things. 

He is a character that has grown up from the spoiled little brat and become a semi decent human being in the books.  In the show he is just following his cock.

He is a character that has grown up from the spoiled little brat and become a semi decent human being in the books.  In the show he is just following his cock.

That's what they're going to do to Jon too, sadly. Which is laughably out of character. 

1 minute ago, Snormund said:

It shocked me this season when he didn't openly oppose Cersei. I was sure that's where they were going given the final episode of S6. Their failure to make that happen has truly ruined show Jaime. 

Completely agree.  I mean shit we could have skipped that entire Dorne fiasco, sent him to the river lands and then upon his return have that animosity between he and Cersei that exists in the books and is way more powerful than anything this show has going for it.  

Completely agree.  I mean shit we could have skipped that entire Dorne fiasco, sent him to the river lands and then upon his return have that animosity between he and Cersei that exists in the books and is way more powerful than anything this show has going for it.  

I can't stand the show ruining great characters like this. Reading gushing comments from people who haven't read the books is the worst. The show used to be excellent too so it's not like I'm just a book snob. Ironically I've only gotten into ASOIAF/GOT relatively recently so sadly the first season I watched as it came out was last season.  

Archived