Fantasy Football Talk

Manhole Eunuchsbane

19 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Drop Jared Cook for Hunter Henry?? PPR league. 

I dunno, I mean on the one hand you've got the Giants being terrible against TEs, but on the other you've got the fact that Cook has a more consistent output throughout the season, doesn't share TE snaps like Henry does, and appears to have a rapport with EJ Manuel, which will matter in PPR. I'd probably go with Cook, but take my opinion with a grain of salt, as I'm new to this.

2 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

I dunno, I mean on the one hand you've got the Giants being terrible against TEs, but on the other you've got the fact that Cook has a more consistent output throughout the season, doesn't share TE snaps like Henry does, and appears to have a rapport with EJ Manuel, which will matter in PPR. I'd probably go with Cook, but take my opinion with a grain of salt, as I'm new to this.

That's solid advice for someone "new to this". ;)

Thanks ;) Now I will put forward my own inquiry to board for advice... 

Do I start Lynch or Collins (Ravens)? I'd rather not start either, but I lost Cook and RB in my league is razor thin. Lynch has been a major disappointment, and the offense in this game should struggle even more without Carr. 

On the other hand, Collins is more of an unknown, and does have a penchant to fumble. But he's also accumulated over 80 yard in back-to-back games with (I believe) a limited snap count. And the Raiders are in the bottom 3 teams when it comes to giving up rushing yards. 

Argghhh. I'm leaning slightly toward Collins, but I have this feeling that no matter which one I pick, it'll somehow end up being the wrong choice... haha

40 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Drop Jared Cook for Hunter Henry?? PPR league. 

Hmm, Jace would. The Chargers do have the talent to snap out of their cursed funk. But Jace is also referring to herself in the 3rd person.

6 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Hmm, Jace would. The Chargers do have the talent to snap out of their cursed funk. But Jace is also referring to herself in the 3rd person.

Fair, Jace. I like your logic.

• 1 month later...

So I made it to the playoffs in my league, and I am absolutely dying here with 2 choices wherein I have switched the players involved 5 times already. 

choice 1: Kareem Hunt or Giovani Bernard at RB2 

choice 2: Josh Gordon or Marquise Goodwin at flex 

on choice 1: Hunt has been abysmal at worst, and mediocre at best for a sizable run of games. On the other hand Andy Reid is no longer playcalling, which is encouraging, it will be a hard-fought and very important divisional game for KC against a porous Oakland D, and Hunt has proven to have huge upside when utilized correctly. 

On the other side of the things, Bernard will in all likelihood be Cincinnati's bellcow RB this week. Mixon is out, Hill is on IR, and next on the depth chart is a rookie who has never had any real playtime experience. He showed signss of brilliance against a tough Pitt D last game, averaging 6ypc with 2 receptions. Historically, he's been a pretty underrated rusher too who has done very well considering his utilization; he just isn't the sort of RB that can be an every-down runner throughout a season. Also, the Bears suck on the road. I think he's got a much safer floor, but also a significantly more-limited ceiling than Hunt. 

on choice 2: this one is slightly less agonizing. I'll probably roll with Gordon. He's an amazing football player. He racked up 85 yards on 4 receptions with a promising 11 targets against one of the best pass defenses in the league, while being covered by the current #1 ranked corner in the league. Said corner said he was the most difficult opponent he's faced to date, over such pushovers as OBJ, Bryant, Cooks, DT, Crabtree, Tyreek Hill, and Alshon Jeffrey. And he's going against an already-terrible Packers secondary (coming from a Packers fan) that's without corner Kevin King (placed on IR today). However, Deshone Kizer also sucks. Like, really sucks. There's a reason why Gordon only caught 4 out of 11 targets from Kizer, and that's because Kizer throws a football like Travis Kelce does. Except maybe worse. 

And then there's Marquise Goodwin. he's been mostly quiet this season as a deep threat with the occasional big play, and it hasn't translated into the kind of fantasy consistency that you would normally want to bank on in an important game. But with Jimmy G under center, he caught an amazing 8 of 8 targets for 99 yards. He's the clear #1 go-to receiver for Jimmy, and Jimmy appears to be good. Like, legit good at throwing. And the Texans have a weak secondary right now. 

My tentative plan for choice 2 is to go with Gordon against the juicy Packers matchup, and switch him out for Goodwin during the less-than-tempting Baltimore matchup, and switch HIM out for Gordon during the horrifying Jax matchup... if I make it that far. 

But I'm seriously agonizing over choice 1!

Fantasy Football Board Hivemind: any advice? If it helps, my for-sure lineup otherwise will be

QB: C. Keenum

RB1: M. Lynch 

RB2: ??

WR1: A.J. Green

WR2: M. Thomas 

TE: H. Henry

Flex: ??

K: Who cares (the Jets kicker lol) 

<3 u all

• 7 months later...

So I've never been a commish before but looks like we are starting up a dynasty league.  A few questions:

What are people's favorite hosting sites for dynasty leagues?

Does anyone have a league constitution they can share with me?

Any oddball seeming rules in leagues you are in that turn out to be a lot of added fun?

We're definitely doing live drafts and an annual in person league meeting.  

Archived