Two New Roles in Season 8: Children

Damon_Tor

http://watchersonthewall.com/game-thrones-casting-season-8-begins/

So the two roles in question are:

The first role we’ve learned about is for a Northern Girl. The character will be around age 8, but they are open to seeing actresses older than this, up to age 10. The role is described as being a straight-talking Northern-accented girl, someone remarkable for her dauntlessness and integrity. According to the write-up, she’s been brought up in a family of soldiers and shares their fearlessness. The part is said to be a “very nice stand-out part for a strong-minded young girl with a fighting spirit.”

Game of Thrones is also searching for a Boy aged 8 – 12, with a physically fit and agile look, someone with a good, distinctive face. He’s described as being from a poor background, a boy who has to fight to make his way in the world. The description we saw mentions that they need an actor who can “completely own the scenes that he appears in,” hinting at multiple scenes. No coloring or height was noted, for what it’s worth.

Begin speculation.

As for my speculation: If every year that passes in our world is also a year in the show (and the way they talk about the passage of time, it could be) then an eight-year-old could have been born during the events of season 1. See the "Rhaego is Alive" thread in my signature for why I think this could be extremely relevant. The lack of ethnic concerns for the second posting makes sense: looking for a child with traits that could be considered Dothraki could have been too great of a giveaway for what would almost certainly be one of the least expected twists of the series.

47 minutes ago, Targaryen loyalist said:

The first one maybe is a recast for little Lady Lyanna?

I think that's nigh on impossible with the way people have rallied to the current Lady Lyanna, maybe Lyanna the first but definitely not Lyanna Mormont. Maybe Rhaenys? Or is 8 too old for Rhaegar's firstborn?

If it's Rhaenys, then is must be a flashback of some kind.
She was also 3 when she got murdered (according to the wiki), so 8 seems way to old unless the show alters her age.

Roberts rebellion happened 17 hears ago in season 1, and 1 season is roughly the equivalent of a year in show-time, so in season 8, robers rebellion would've happened ~25 years ago.

1 hour ago, Chrizelda said:

I think that's nigh on impossible with the way people have rallied to the current Lady Lyanna, maybe Lyanna the first but definitely not Lyanna Mormont. Maybe Rhaenys? Or is 8 too old for Rhaegar's firstborn?

They wouldn't be looking for a Northern girl to play Rhaenys.

A young Lyanna Stark flashback is possible, but I'm a bit confused about what they'd be showing us or why. I'm speculating that she's a new character, someone who pops in for a scene or two to show how the North is arming and training young girls and she'll be all defiant and make us feel all girl power about it. Maybe she's a Glover, just because Lord Glover was vocally opposed to arming his granddaughters, so this would be a rebuttal to his position. Then maybe she dies in battle and it sets up the Glovers to betray the Starks or something.

A "very nice stand out part" doesn't usually mean a major character, so I'm not expecting much.

It's the second role that's more interesting. "Completely owns the scenes he appears in" implies an important addition to the show.

The two kids might be new characters. The girl "northern" tough brought up by soldiers. And the boy from a poor background, physically fit and like he "completely owns the screen". It could be possible that the boy is a flashback of someone in their childhood, or a potential soldier. The girl could also be a flashback to someone but then might be someone whose the daughter of someone.

Archived