What is Quaithe really?

Bloodstone Emperor

4 hours ago, LiveFirstDieLater said:

Very true! Cheers and Happy Friday!

Hey... Maybe Bloodraven's half sister and former paramour understands how truly wicked the old bastard is, so she has scouted out Daenerys to save the day and fight Bloodraven and his misguided minions? 

20 hours ago, divica said:

I was just looking for the quote about dragons in asshai so I know he says he went to asshai in the kingsmoot

And you are forgeting that asshai is the land without children where ANY magic is allowed. I think you are as likely to learn magic as end up in a magic ritual in asshai. At least in valyria I would see pretty things and die fast.

I think we will see the tyriion that was hand of the king in mereen. I want to read about THAT tyrion solving the issues in mereen instead of tyrion using brute force to control things...

It wasn t that. 

The most similar that I found for what I was looking for is

Asshai is in a completly diferente place from where danny is. The dragons in asshai aren t related to her!

divica, the point about Dany's dragons is that they are from Asshai, if Illyrio told true about where he procured them from.   He says they're from Asshai.  I was approaching your comments from the position that all fire magic originated in Asshai.   We can't know if this is true, but it seems to be accepted by the maesters.  I expect The Lands of Winter is the origin of all ice magic.   Again, I can't prove this, but it sure seems that way to me.  

I did enjoy the part about dying fast in Valyria.   Here we can completely agree.    I don't pretend to have the answers.  I'm not trying to sell you on Dany going to Asshai.   Just pointing out that I think there is a good reason for her to take her dragons there.  We are getting off the subject of the topic.   I would be delighted to continue this conversation in PM if you like, but I don't think we are doing the subject of Quaithe much good where we are going.  

Archived