Appreciation for the Shavepate

Aline de Gavrillac

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2018 at 5:54 PM, Makk said:

Why does everyone believe that the Harpy is one person who has absolute control over everyone who follows? In my opinion the Harpy leadership is a collection of Merenese nobles. Yes the Green Grace is one of them. No, killing her will not kill the Harpy or make the attacks stop, it will only make them more resolute. 

The "Chicago Way" suggested above will do it.  The Harpy is a terrorists organization with a mission similar to that of the Ku Klux Klan.  They have a leader and this leader has lieutenants.  

On 3/13/2018 at 4:33 AM, mushroomshirt said:

Have you ever checked out this article?  It is quite compelling:

https://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/2013/09/27/untangling-the-meereenese-knot-part-i-who-poisoned-the-locusts/

I liked Skahaz even more as a character after I read it.

The reasoning in this article is very solid. The only objection I had was that Skahaz had irrevocably burned his bridges with the old regime, so turning on Dany seemed counter intuitive. He has however weathered it just fine. The peace was shattered and he has regained prominence. There is also a chance that the attack was not meant to be fatal. Belwas devoured the entire bowl and still survived. There was also no guarantee of who would eat the locusts. 

As an assassination attempt it was inept. As an attack on the peace it was almost certain to succeed.

Archived