US Politics: Four Days and Counting

Fragile Bird

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

Um, when did I say that?  Are you having dreams about me?

Possibly? It's hard to keep track of what you've said between the various drunken insults you've leveled at me followed by the post-abuser 'sorry I didn't mean it baby' comments afterwards. You appear to be attributing things I didn't say to me as well. 

1 hour ago, DMC said:

I don't think it's a matter of culture or tradition or whatever you're trying to assert.  It's a matter that everyone interested enough to be on a "non-partisan" commission is, in fact, partisan.

It is about culture though. Our culture has an ingrained commitment to an impartial public service, and when you go into public service you check your political biases and affiliations at the door. If any public servant displays any kind of political bias in the discharge of their public duties they are not tolerated by the media, the public or the elected govt.

You can't conceive of that, because it's not in your political culture. But it is very core to our political culture.

43 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

You can't conceive of that, because it's not in your political culture. But it is very core to our political culture.

Well, sure, but so is love of pavlova and a requirement that everyone owns three sheep

Archived