WSJ: GRRM writes seven days a week, six during football season

Daendrew

14 hours ago, Rufus Snow said:

That's it.... time to ban football :thumbsup:

Booooooo. Football is a tactician game. It keeps GRRM sharp. It 45% skills, 45% coach decisions, 10% luck. I know there is a lot of Europeans here, but American football may be the most balance sport besides, tennis (99% skills & 1% luck).

One of the reasons why Americans don't really like soccer because there is too much luck involved (49% skills, 50% luck, 1% coach decisions). Every time I see a corner kick...its all luck. Every rebound off a blocked goal...its all luck. Penalty kicks....grrrrr its so unbalanced. And damn the flopping for them penalty kicks.

New interview:

https://ew.com/author-interviews/2018/11/19/george-rr-martin-interview/

I know there are a lot of people out there who are very angry with me that Winds of Winter isn’t finished. And I’m mad about that myself. I wished I finished it four years ago. I wished it was finished now. But it’s not. And I’ve had dark nights of the soul where I’ve pounded my head against the keyboard and said, “God, will I ever finish this? The show is going further and further forward and I’m falling further and further behind. What the hell is happening here? I’ve got to do this.”

Archived