Poll: Secret Stark Knights

Legitimate_Bastard

I was browsing through the Kingsguard wiki and it appears, from a quick glance anyway, that there have never been any northerners in the Kingsguard - ever.

I may be wrong - but if not - would that not contribute to the argument that northerners are not typically knights?

Just a thought.

10 minutes ago, Legitimate_Bastard said:

I may be wrong - but if not - would that not contribute to the argument that northerners are not typically knights?

Just a thought.

I think it absolutely supports the argument that northerners aren't typically knights, but I don't think anyone is disputing that... For instance, I very much disagree w/ the idea that we have hints pointing to Rickard and Brandon being knights, but I think there are several knights in the north - both currently and in the past. But these knights are most definitely the vast minority within the northerners. IMO. 

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

I think it absolutely supports the argument that northerners aren't typically knights, but I don't think anyone is disputing that... For instance, I very much disagree w/ the idea that we have hints pointing to Rickard and Brandon being knights, but I think there are several knights in the north - both currently and in the past. But these knights are most definitely the vast minority within the northerners. IMO. 

Especially considering there is representation from every other province/kingdom in Westeros.

The Andal assimilation never took place north of the Neck to the degree it did everywhere else, it seems.

Archived