3 hours ago, One-Eyed Raven said:

I get the show and the books mixed up sometimes, but in general I think it's criminal what they've done to the direwolves in the show.

I wholeheartedly agree with your whole post, what they've done with the direwolves is nothing short than criminal. I don't even want to think about it because I get angry, this last appearence felt as if they were mocking the fans. They added it in the background of a scene that was filmed without Ghost in mind, the people there didn't even give him a look... and Ghost didn't look at any of them either. 

Jon is as much a Stark as he always was, and as much a Targaryen as he was when he found Ghost. 

I don't buy the budget excuse, just don't waste money in other pointless things (they made a f***ing polar bear!) , and give us the direwolves we deserve. Two years of waiting, 15 million/episode, and they came up with a picture of a white dog sitting in the background that I could have added with AE in my home. It's a complete let down. 

6 hours ago, One-Eyed Raven said:

I get the show and the books mixed up sometimes, but in general I think it's criminal what they've done to the direwolves in the show.

I just want to chime in to agree, also.  And I don't buy the money excuse either.  This show is pulling in tons of money, tons.  I get that animating flying dragons is a big deal, but the original Ghost, that huge white wolf/dog was also amazing.  As a viewer, I imprinted on Ghost way before the dragons came along.  Somebody else (not mine but don't know who) posted that the little white dog we saw on episode 2 is probably named Nipper, and I agree.  Ghost, with his red eyes, his mute-ness, and his connection to Jon was fierce.

There are animal rescue facilities in Alaska that work with wolf-dogs, actual hybrids.  Why this show could not send a tamer out to work with these beautiful creatures is beyond me. 

Archived