Red Wedding/Character deaths?

Eternally_Theirs

11 minutes ago, Ser Leftwich said:

Why bother writing books at all?

Why isn't everyone immortal?

Why did only good characters die and the evil ones thrived? I thought he wanted to write a realistic series, not the one with bad guys winning all the time?

And that doesn't explain why would he kill off his 'children' either.

Anyway, I am done with this. Live in your world where heroes die and villains win and where characters (whom the author refers to his 'children', may I remind you) keep dropping like flies to the point it becomes a death fiesta rather than have any semblance of realism, and I will live in my own where it's just the opposite. I am only going to be playing forum games from now on

31 minutes ago, Robb4Ever said:

Why did only good characters die and the evil ones thrived?

Are you saying that Vargo Hoat, the Mountain, Tywin Lannister, Craster, the NW mutineers, and so many others are good? Or that they’re not dead? 

I thought he wanted to write a realistic series, not the one with bad guys winning all the time?

To have only the bad guys die wouldn’t be realistic at all, would it? In a realistic setting, people die; the good, the bad, and the ugly, they can all die. Actions have consequences, and “life isn’t fair”. A fairy tale where all the good people live happily ever after is not realistic. 

And that doesn't explain why would he kill off his 'children' either.

Because he is telling a story, and he knows where he wants to go and what he has to write to get there. 

Anyway, I am done with this. Live in your world where heroes die and villains win and where characters (whom the author refers to his 'children', may I remind you) keep dropping like flies to the point it becomes a death fiesta rather than have any semblance of realism, and I will live in my own where it's just the opposite. I am only going to be playing forum games from now on

:cheers:

1 hour ago, Robb4Ever said:

If he truly viewed his characters as his 'children' then he wouldn't be killing them, and I will keep reiterating this until you get it. I mean, what kind of parent kills their children? :rolleyes:

Well which is it? Are you done or are you going to keep reiterating it? 

If you don't like the books, don't read them. If you need to vent about how much you don't like the books maybe you should look for a forum that discusses why they don't like the series instead of a forum whose sole purpose is for FANS to discuss it. 

14 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Well which is it? Are you done or are you going to keep reiterating it? 

If you don't like the books, don't read them. If you need to vent about how much you don't like the books maybe you should look for a forum that discusses why they don't like the series instead of a forum whose sole purpose is for FANS to discuss it. 

That has nothing to do with my point, which is that if he equates his characters to his children, then he is essentially killing his children. Now, are you gonna address that point or keep changing the subject/criticizing me rather than addressing it/ignoring the core of it?

15 minutes ago, Robb4Ever said:

That has nothing to do with my point, which is that if he equates his characters to his children, then he is essentially killing his children. Now, are you gonna address that point or keep changing the subject/criticizing me rather than addressing it/ignoring the core of it?

I haven't criticized you, I'm calling you out for criticizing me. 

No I don't think I will address your point because it's irrelevant. 

11 minutes ago, Robb4Ever said:

Many people have answered your points time and again, and yet you keep coming back to the same two or three questions, across several threads that are all the same. What you are doing is basically asking the same thing over and over, in the hopes that people will eventually give you the answer you want them to give you, instead of giving you their own opinions. You are 100% entitled to your own opinions, but guess what? So is everyone else.

1 minute ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I haven't criticized you, I'm calling you out for criticizing me. 

No I don't think I will address your point because it's irrelevant. 

He equates his characters to his 'children' and claiming he loves them. Yet he is killing them. I am pointing out his hypocrisy on the matter. How is that irrelevant?

Just now, Robb4Ever said:

He equates his characters to his 'children' and claiming he loves them. Yet he is killing them. I am pointing out his hypocrisy on the matter. How is that irrelevant?

It's irrelevant to me because it isn't hypocrisy to me. These are not real children born from the loins of GRRM. They are characters he has written into a story so I understand perfectly well how he can kill them off. 

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Many people have answered your points time and again, and yet you keep coming back to the same two or three questions, across several threads that are all the same. What you are doing is basically asking the same thing over and over, in the hopes that people will eventually give you the answer you want them to give you, instead of giving you their own opinions. You are 100% entitled to your own opinions, but guess what? So is everyone else.

You haven't answered my point regarding him killing the very characters he loves and claims are 'his children', which is extremely hypocritical on his part, though. I equate that to a father claiming 'I love my baby' and then smashes said baby's head against the wall.

Just now, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

It's irrelevant to me because it isn't hypocrisy to me. These are not real children born from the loins of GRRM. They are characters he has written into a story so I understand perfectly well how he can kill them off. 

He still says they are his children. So yeah, it's hypocritical. Or are you denying he called them his children? I can find the exact website and post where he did..... :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Robb4Ever said:

You haven't answered my point regarding him killing the very characters he loves and claims are 'his children', which is extremely hypocritical on his part, though. I equate that to a father claiming 'I love my baby' and then smashes said baby's head against the wall.

Maybe he is just a bad father? Maybe our dear Sweetie would not keep his grades up & his room clean. George doesn't stand for that.

1 minute ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Maybe he is just a bad father? Maybe our dear Sweetie would not keep his grades up & his room clean. George doesn't stand for that.

I had bad grades and my mother said that my room is an utter mess more than once. Yet I am still alive and typing this. Or maybe I am dead but still have fingers with which to type?

Wow, just wow. You are equating fictional characters that the author calls “his children” to actual living children? When Martin says his characters are his children, he means it metaphorically, because he created them. 

And now I read what I just wrote and I’m in shock that I actually typed that, that this type of explanation was ever actually needed. I’m done now, in the interest of keeping what little sanity I have left. 

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Wow, just wow. You are equating fictional characters that the author calls “his children” to actual living children? When Martin says his characters are his children, he means it metaphorically, because he created them. 

And now I read what I just wrote and I’m in shock that I actually typed that, that this type of explanation was ever actually needed. I’m done now, in the interest of keeping what little sanity I have left. 

Still makes him a hypocrite IMHO. He opposes fanfiction but is actually encouraging his fans to write it by killing the characters they love.

2 minutes ago, Robb4Ever said:

I had bad grades and my mother said that my room is an utter mess more than once. Yet I am still alive and typing this. Or maybe I am dead but still have fingers with which to type?

So your mother is much more lenient than George then. Sounds like you should love & appreciate her & be wary of who you hang out with - Sweetie may be a bad influence. 

Archived