Why did Sansa dislike being Northern?

Brandon Ice-Eyes

11 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

I really doubt it. As things stand now both vigorously blame each other for Lady.

I'm not sure about Arya since I've not reread her chapters in a long time but Sansa has accepted that Lady's death is on Joffrey and Cersei. the quote you provided is from Sansa II but it's not the last time the incident is mentioned:

Joffrey lifted his crossbow and pointed it at her face. "You Starks are as unnatural as those wolves of yours. I've not forgotten how your monster savaged me." "That was Arya's wolf," she said. "Lady never hurt you, but you killed her anyway." Sansa III (ACOK)

"A monster," she whispered, so tremulously she could scarcely hear her own voice. "Joffrey is a monster. He lied about the butcher's boy and made Father kill my wolf. When I displease him, he has the Kingsguard beat me. He's evil and cruel, my lady, it's so. And the queen as well." Sansa I (ASOS)

And it seems like she has even come to kinda appreciate what Arya did to him.

He'd owned a sword named Lion's Tooth once, Sansa remembered. Arya had taken it from him and thrown it in a river. I hope Stannis does the same with this one. Sansa V (ACOK)

11 hours ago, Hugorfonics said:

The was Sansa thinks of Arya though still troubles me, like, for all purposes she must think Arya dead and yet.

Entirely unsatisfactory? Lol thats like what Tyrion says to his newly found comrade brothers in relation to the man who tricked him into violating his wife! Arya aint do that lol.

And what are you crying at Margery for? Shes not your sister, your sisters probably dead! Wheres your tear for her?

Yet in the same chapter she says in her dreams her daughter looks like unsatisfactory Arya and not beautiful and gentle, with all the world's graces at her command Margaery.

In Sansa's dreams, her children looked just like the brothers she had lost. Sometimes there was even a girl who looked like Arya. Sansa II (ASOS)

The reason she is crying is obvious, she doesn't want Margaery to be abused like her. She has saved a drunken stranger from Joffrey risking his punishments and also stopped him from riding down a peasant woman before the riot of KL so it makes sense why she is worried about a friend who has been kind to her since the beginning.

And we don't know if she has cried for Arya or not but just like her other family members she thinks fondly of her from time to time. Her snow castle chapter begins with her thinking about Arya and their old bedchamber and the memory of them playing in the snow is what eventually leads to her building Winterfell.

After everything they've been through I'm sure they'll eventually get over their childish squabbles and come to understand and appreciate each other. I think Ned has already foreshadowed their future relationship with his famous quote.

"Let me tell you something about wolves, child. When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Summer is the time for squabbles. In winter, we must protect one another, keep each other warm, share our strengths. So if you must hate, Arya, hate those who would truly do us harm. Septa Mordane is a good woman, and Sansa … Sansa is your sister. You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you … and I need both of you, gods help me."

Personally I like to think that Sansa and Arya are an inverse to Catelyn and Lysa. The Tully sisters got along very well as children but as adults they fell apart. The Starks sisters didn't get along as children, so that means they will have a good relationship when they are adults (or at least older. By the end of the series Arya will be 14 and Sansa 16, hardly adults). 

17 hours ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

- sadly my wants don't seem to be high on GRRM's priority list. 

:lol: maybe some of the original outline made it through? 

Yea, well, neither is writing. So, I wouldn't take it personal.

Lmao, that was so weird. The strangest part was I was like, I could see it

9 hours ago, winter daughter said:

I'm not sure about Arya since I've not reread her chapters in a long time but Sansa has accepted that Lady's death is on Joffrey and Cersei. the quote you provided is from Sansa II but it's not the last time the incident is mentioned:

Joffrey lifted his crossbow and pointed it at her face. "You Starks are as unnatural as those wolves of yours. I've not forgotten how your monster savaged me." "That was Arya's wolf," she said. "Lady never hurt you, but you killed her anyway." Sansa III (ACOK)

"A monster," she whispered, so tremulously she could scarcely hear her own voice. "Joffrey is a monster. He lied about the butcher's boy and made Father kill my wolf. When I displease him, he has the Kingsguard beat me. He's evil and cruel, my lady, it's so. And the queen as well." Sansa I (ASOS)

And it seems like she has even come to kinda appreciate what Arya did to him.

He'd owned a sword named Lion's Tooth once, Sansa remembered. Arya had taken it from him and thrown it in a river. I hope Stannis does the same with this one. Sansa V (ACOK)

Yet in the same chapter she says in her dreams her daughter looks like unsatisfactory Arya and not beautiful and gentle, with all the world's graces at her command Margaery.

In Sansa's dreams, her children looked just like the brothers she had lost. Sometimes there was even a girl who looked like Arya. Sansa II (ASOS)

The reason she is crying is obvious, she doesn't want Margaery to be abused like her. She has saved a drunken stranger from Joffrey risking his punishments and also stopped him from riding down a peasant woman before the riot of KL so it makes sense why she is worried about a friend who has been kind to her since the beginning.

And we don't know if she has cried for Arya or not but just like her other family members she thinks fondly of her from time to time. Her snow castle chapter begins with her thinking about Arya and their old bedchamber and the memory of them playing in the snow is what eventually leads to her building Winterfell.

After everything they've been through I'm sure they'll eventually get over their childish squabbles and come to understand and appreciate each other.

Word. Saying they still blame each other for Lady was perhaps an overstatement. I take it back 

9 hours ago, winter daughter said:

I think Ned has already foreshadowed their future relationship with his famous quote.

"Let me tell you something about wolves, child. When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Summer is the time for squabbles. In winter, we must protect one another, keep each other warm, share our strengths. So if you must hate, Arya, hate those who would truly do us harm. Septa Mordane is a good woman, and Sansa … Sansa is your sister. You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you … and I need both of you, gods help me."

Perhaps. Idk. Arya often thinks of her pack, but since shes unable to find them she finds her own pack. (Gendry and Hotpie, Brotherhood, Faceless) kinda like Nymeria.

Snow is like ghost was, an outcast and a loner while Sansas a study of agot politics, trust no one. (Bran as well, I dont see rejoining his pack)

Maybe your right though

6 hours ago, Elegant Woes said:

Personally I like to think that Sansa and Arya are an inverse to Catelyn and Lysa. The Tully sisters got along very well as children but as adults they fell apart. The Starks sisters didn't get along as children, so that means they will have a good relationship when they are adults (or at least older. By the end of the series Arya will be 14 and Sansa 16, hardly adults). 

Its a nice thought

Archived