Does anybody else have a bad feeling about Jon Connington?

Nathan Stark

On 10/2/2020 at 11:24 PM, Lord Varys said:

George has gone on record that ADwD was supposed to be about plagues and sickness. We got a little bit about that with the Pale Mare, but not enough in light of the fact that we got a very detailed (and superficial if it leads nowhere) explanation on the three different strains of greyscale (children's greyscale, adult greyscale, and the grey plague), very much indicating that both Shireen and Jon will serve as carriers of the disease, starting an epidemic later on.

Shireen's greyscale can resurface if Val is right, and Jon could be a carrier of the grey plague. He himself could die slowly of the normal adult greyscale, but the people he infects could die of the grey plague.

Also, in ADWD we got the spin of the possible magic origins of the grey scale (aka Garin's curse) with even some Others overtones.

"but there's another tale I like better. The one that says he's not like t'other stone men, that he started as a statue till a grey woman came out of the fog and kissed him with lips as cold as ice." - Tyrion V, ADWD

There might be a reason why Val believes that, Greyscale might behave differently north of the Wall, so, if the Wall falls...

I wonder if his grey scale might be progressing faster than he thinks but internally. To the point where it starts effecting with ability to think rationally, leading him to make some horrendous decision which might turn the people against. And Aegon being the good little boy that he his might go with his lord hands decisions, leading him to take on the role of the mad Targaryen in this story.  

After Ramsey and Euron, I don't think anyone would make a bad enough impression to give me a bad feeling.

Jon Connington wants revenge, he wants to end Robert's line, not just restore the Targeryans under Aegon. He will push the worst instincts on Aegon, but I don't see the boy as evil enough to become a Joffrey 2.0. Young Griffin is very similar to the Young Wolf, even better in some aspects, and worse at others. He did not held any hostilities towards Tyrion unlike most of other characters, he wants to lead his men setting himself up as a example, is naming commoners to the KG based on their character and trust, not just their name.

Jon will be Aegon's Blackfish, but also his Edmure. He will lead him to impressive victories, but with the clock against him he will also push a huge blunder on the cause.

Archived