How aware was Robert of Lyanna's true feelings for him

Alyn Oakenfist

16 minutes ago, The Ned's Little Girl said:

With Robert Baratheon, there's what he believes and there's what he knows (subconsciously) and those are frequently two very different things. Of course he doesn't believe that Lyanna rejected him, yet subconsciously he knows that she did.

Otherwise, his bitter statement to Ned that Rhaegar "somehow [he] still won" and that he "has Lyanna now" doesn't really make much sense.

I don’t know what else to say. I just completely disagree. Rhaegar won, because he died with her. Robert lost, because he lived and married Cersei. If he knows that Lyanna chose Rhaegar over him, don’t you think that he wouldn’t have mentioned begin with Lyanna again on his deathbed? That doesn’t make any sense.

"I will give Lyanna your love, Ned. Take care of my children for me."

1 hour ago, The Ned's Little Girl said:

With Robert Baratheon, there's what he believes and there's what he knows (subconsciously) and those are frequently two very different things. Of course he doesn't believe that Lyanna rejected him, yet subconsciously he knows that she did.

Otherwise, his bitter statement to Ned that Rhaegar "somehow [he] still won" and that he "has Lyanna now" doesn't really make much sense.

The concept of subconscious knowledge isn't for everyone, apparently. 

You're still doubling down on the best you have created while still unknowing Robert's thoughts in the afterlife or even  on religion.

It's all a circular argument and ad populum:  Everyone believes in X (because i say so),  Robert has to believe in X (because i say so),  because Robert has said Y and not X he's hiding something,  he's hiding something because everyone believes in X.

I don't know what's more baffling the blatant fallacies some of you're triying to paint as psychology or the arrogance some of you are displaying while embracing those blatant fallacies.

Archived