Would a world where the "Sci Fi" channel did not rebrand into "Syfy" but instead evolved into a streaming service or a high quality channel like "HBO"?

NickGOT456

Imagine a world where "Sci Fi" did not rebrand but instead evolved into a streaming service or high quality channel that gave us a 2010s full of "epic space adventure". High quality adaptions of "Foundation", "The Hyperion Cantos", Vernor Vinge's "A Fire Upon the Deep", a Babylon 5 reboot or re-imagining, "The Expanse" which would not have been cancelled in this timeline, and even adaptions of the "Planetes" anime and "Mass Effect" video games instead of ghost hunting crap and reality TV.

Sci fi and fantasy is booming now thanks probably to the massive success of "Game of Thrones" on HBO and I say better late than never but would this alternate world be a better world?

Would GOT have become as big as it was in our reality in this alternate world?

It would have probably been a timeline where the space race continued. A world where science and technology was more valued. A world where astronauts still inspired young people. A world that is more intelligent.

The "History" and "Discovery" Channels would probably haven't experienced "Channel Drift" too.

26 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Well, you have to decide on which time travel rules we are using here to make this happen? Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure?

I'm using the mind eraser device from Men In Black to trick myself that I'm reading this thread for the first time, but then I come across my posts and I get this weird deja vu.  Ok, zappytime!

Archived