US Politics: Hey Joe, where are you going with that vote in your hand

A Horse Named Stranger

31 minutes ago, Mister Smikes said:

Well, let me know when you accept your mistake.  There is no point in discussing this or anything else, with the willfully ignorant.

You don't get to call anyone willfully ignorant when you also said it may or may not have been illegal for him to be open carrying in an open carry state when it was not legal for him to have the firearm in the first place. He had no right to open carry. That's cut and dried. 

5 minutes ago, Kalsandra said:

Yeah, I got that wrong too. Apparently he didn't carry it across state lines - he just took it from a friend of his illegally.

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-protests-for-racial-justice/2020/10/14/923643265/kyle-rittenhouse-accused-kenosha-killer-wont-face-gun-charges-in-illinois

It would appear everyone had that wrong, including those who were defending him in the media. I've never heard his lawyers even refute that claim until this.

It'd be interesting to view this as a conspiracy to commit murder by the other guy. That would have likely been a bit more just, given that he invited Rittenhouse to a different state, allowed him to have his weapon, and specifically asked him there to defend property that wasn't theirs. 

Nah, it probably doesn't meet the legal requirement for conspiracy. Negligence is more in play, but as the article you linked said the history of the gun is still a question. 

Also, one of his attorney's is Lin Wood. Thought that guy had all his legal licenses revoked.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

You don't get to call anyone willfully ignorant when you also said it may or may not have been illegal for him to be open carrying in an open carry state when it was not legal for him to have the firearm in the first place. He had no right to open carry. That's cut and dried. 

But even if he did you’d still call what he did murder right? And demand prosecution?

He had no right to open carry. That's cut and dried. 

It is not cut and dried. It's one of the charges that are part of the trial. The judge himself has remarked that the statutes are unclear and he needed to read up on them when the defense moved to dismiss the charge. I believe the charge is still active.

Also, one of his attorney's is Lin Wood. Thought that guy had all his legal licenses revoked.

Lin Wood is his former attorney, and the last I read was in a dispute with the Rittenhouse family as well as another former lawyer over bail money.

Archived