Heresy 242 The Other Starks

Black Crow

1 hour ago, LynnS said:

It's not something I can get too excited about.  The writers can pretty much do whatever they want with it.

They probably come up with Ygritte's lost twin sister being chased by the Night King, who needs to be killed in a special way ...

On 6/19/2022 at 5:41 PM, alienarea said:

They probably come up with Ygritte's lost twin sister being chased by the Night King, who needs to be killed in a special way ...

What is dead can never die; but how many times can you be dead?

Looking forward to this livecast:

Raised ny Wolves has been cancelled.  That sucks.  I've started watching The Witcher and can't figure out what the hell is going on.  Henry Cavil with silver hair is comletely unrecognizable from everything else I've seen him in.

OK so there's more in GRRM's Not A Blog which you need to go read, but I really must get going on the promised OP for Heresy 243:

QUOTE Yes, there is a Jon Snow show in development.   The HOLLYWOOD REPORTER story was largely correct.   And I would expect no less from James Hibberd.   I have dealt with a lot of reporters over the past few years, and Hibberd is one of the very best, an actual journalist who does all the things journalists are supposed to do (getting the facts right, talking to sources, respecting requests for “background only” and “off the record,” etc) that most of the clickbait sites never bother with.

Our working title for the show is SNOW.

There are four live-action successor shows in development at HBO.   Word got out about three of them some time ago.   TEN THOUSAND SHIPS, the Nymeria show, helmed by Amanda Segel.   SEA SNAKE, aka NINE VOYAGES, with Bruno Heller.   And the Dunk & Egg show, THE HEDGE KNIGHT or KNIGHT OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS, with Steve Conrad writing.   I think some of these were officially announced; in other cases, news leaked out.   (These things always seem to leak.   There are so many people involved, writers, producers, agents, and everyone has assistants, and there is always the guy who runs the xerox machine, and reporters have sources, and people gossip, so… )  SNOW has been in development almost as long as the other three, but for whatever reason it was never announced and it never leaked… until now.

But, yes, it is true.   This was not an official announcement from HBO, so it seems there was another leak.   I did a long interview with James Hibberd last week, for the big HOUSE OF THE DRAGON story that HOLLYWOOD REPORTER is planning.   At the end of the call, he asked a few questions about the spinoffs.   “Is it possible one of the spinoffs is a sequel rather than a prequel?” he asked.   I answered “No comment.”   Then he asked “Is it possible a member of the original cast is attached?”  And again I answered “No comment.”   And that was all.   But plainly he found someone more forthcoming than me.   Who?   I don’t know, and suspect I never will.   A good journalist protects his sources.

There’s not much more I can tell you, not until HBO gives me a green light.[UNQOTE]

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't knew where to discuss it so I decided to post there.

Its Starkcest related and as much as I know Heresy threads are the most "open minded" in terms of ASOIAF theories. In other places people are not so kind to Starkcest and its possibility so anyway. It probably nothing, but there is my thoughts:

On my last reread of AGOT Robert's comparison of Ned to Baelor The Blessed stuck with me. Robert hates Targaryens and its somewhat strange when he compares his best friend Ned with one of them. Maybe its a hint from GRRM? So I started digging. Turns out Ned and Baelor The Blessed share a lot of parallels. But what more surprising is Baelor's wife and sister Daena The Defiant shares some parallels with Lyanna Stark. If you interested I can write more. My main point is that there echo/parallels between Ned/Lyanna and Baelor/Daena. And ofcourse inversions!

I also think there big chance, that Daemon Blackfyre (Daena's son) is actually not Aegon IV's bastard, but actually is Baelor's legitimate son and heir to the kingdom!

PS Starkcest is mine "go to" theory about Jon's parentage, so I read everything related to it. So far I never seen someone making a connection between Ned/Baelor and Lyanna/Daena. Is there was? Sorry if this was already discussed.

6 hours ago, Bloodwyn said:

didn't knew where to discuss it so I decided to post there.

Hello.  We have discussed Starkcest with various iterations, over the years, with either Brandon or Ned as Lyanna's paramour. There are still various opinions about X+Y=Z amongst Heretics.  I don't know if anyone is holding to the Starkcest idea.  I'm dubious about it myself. 

GRRM does like to create echoes and parallels between characters.  I'm just not sure that one mirrors the other.

6 hours ago, Bloodwyn said:

I also think there big chance, that Daemon Blackfyre (Daena's son) is actually not Aegon IV's bastard, but actually is Baelor's legitimate son and heir to the kingdom!

Certainly you are free to expand or explain your thinking.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 6:24 AM, Bloodwyn said:

I didn't knew where to discuss it so I decided to post there.

Its Starkcest related and as much as I know Heresy threads are the most "open minded" in terms of ASOIAF theories. In other places people are not so kind to Starkcest and its possibility so anyway. It probably nothing, but there is my thoughts:

On my last reread of AGOT Robert's comparison of Ned to Baelor The Blessed stuck with me. Robert hates Targaryens and its somewhat strange when he compares his best friend Ned with one of them. Maybe its a hint from GRRM? So I started digging. Turns out Ned and Baelor The Blessed share a lot of parallels. But what more surprising is Baelor's wife and sister Daena The Defiant shares some parallels with Lyanna Stark. If you interested I can write more. My main point is that there echo/parallels between Ned/Lyanna and Baelor/Daena. And ofcourse inversions!

PS Starkcest is mine "go to" theory about Jon's parentage, so I read everything related to it. So far I never seen someone making a connection between Ned/Baelor and Lyanna/Daena. Is there was? Sorry if this was already discussed.

I'm a proponent of an inversion theory that started with an analysis of the titled chapters. Here's my take on some parallels that seem inverted and prove that Ned is Jon's real father. The kicker is - Lyanna is not his mother, but Ashara is. I believe Wylla is actually Ashara...a disguise very much how Sansa is pretending to be Peter Baelish's daughter Alayne. I predict that Ashara will be discovered living at Starfall (her father's home) but known as Wylla - Edric's wet-nurse. The irony is that Sweetrobin very much would like Alayne to be his wet-nurse.

Lord Commander Jon Snow
Former LC Brynden "Bloodraven" Rivers

North of the Wall
South in Kings Landing

Mance Raydar - King Beyond the Wall
Rhaegar Targaryen - the presumed heir to Kings Landing

Craster - Monster's true father
Rickard - not the father

Gilly (Craster's daughter)
Wylla (not Rickard's daughter) 

Mance’s son
Rhaegar’s son

Gilly’s son - not a bastard - yet a child of incest
Wylla’s (Ashara) son - not a child of incest, yet he is a bastard

Samwell Tarly - not the father
Ned Stark - is the true father

Sam takes Mance's child to his father's home - safe away from the Wall
Ned takes his own child to his father's home while Rhaegar's child got left in Kings Landing

LC Jon Snow swapped Gilly’s son to protect Mance’s son. 
Former LC Bloodraven did nothing, allowing Wylla’s son to survive, and left Rhaegar’s son at risk.

Archived