Scenes you would like to see: Dead in the Show; Not in the Books

Seams

For some time, I've been imagining how cool it would be if Michelle Fairley (the actor who played Catelyn Stark) would pose for some photos in full Lady Stoneheart hair and make up. This led me to wish that someone would make a calendar with scenes from the books that never made it into the show. Now that people are selling GIFs, I suppose someone might make additional money by selling NFTs (non-fungible tokens) in addition to a calendar. 

Which book scenes would you like to see enacted by the cast of the show? Or which scenes do you think others would like to see?

My suggestions:

• Lady Stoneheart at the hangings of Petyr Pimple Frey and Merrett Frey.
  • Ser Barristan in Hizdahr's bedchamber, killing the tattooed pit fighter Khrazz.
  • Anything with Stannis at the Wall.
  • Gren at the Fist with Jon Snow, just before Jon goes to find the obsidian cache.

I suppose this could open up some new avenues: as far as I know, Penny and Young Griff never made it into the show. So your suggestions could include some casting decisions for characters who never made it to the screen. Which of their scenes would you like to see brought to life?

Or maybe people prefer fan art and don't want to see the HBO faces again?

I stopped watching the show after Season 5 so this post reflects ideas about characters who are still "alive" in the books (as of the end of ADwD) but were killed off or dropped out of the show at an earlier point in the disfigured and inanimate HBO version of the plot. 

Yes, the end of season 5 was the point where I gave up on the TV show, at least emotionally. "You idiots, Barristan's not dead yet!"  I must admit that I watched it to the end, but I couldn't tell you anything that happened in seasons 6-8. I was just putting my brain in "three-year-old mode," and enjoying the acting, scenery, special effects, etc. without paying any attention to the story line.

I'd love to see some images of Tyrion's journey on the Shy Maid, and of Jon Connington and his little band of conspirators.  Maybe then we could find out what color Lemore's eyes are.  :D

This could work for flashbacks, too. Some of those made it into the show but some of the good ones have been left up to our imaginations. 

Tywin at the Defiance of Duskendale would be interesting. What was his real motive?

Bael in the Winterfell crypt with the Stark heiress. 

Uncle Brandon's duel with Littlefinger.

On 4/18/2022 at 6:06 PM, Seams said:

I stopped watching the show after Season 5

Congratulations on the timing. That was the perfect moment to get off the sinking ship.

My top 3 characters I missed (or got killed) have already been mentioned, Stoneheart (obviously), Young Griff and company, Barristan.

But I´m also pissed about the absence of Arianne Martell, Coldhands, actually helpful Direwolves...

Basically every character that got POVs in the books is one you should not leave out in the show, but here we have Arianne & Quentin, Aeron & Victarion, JonCon......

Archived