US Politics: I Don't Like Mondays

So news is trickling in about a possible bipartisan deal in the Senate on gun reform legislation and...

Sources involved in the talks said the agreement outline includes providing funding to incentivize states to implement "red flag" laws, an expansion of mental health services by growing a 10-state pilot program for behavioral health services to all 50 states, allowing juvenile records to be searched during background checks for those under 21 years of age, and funding for school security measures. It would also change the background check system to better crack down on criminals who evade that system by using smaller "hobbyists" to illegally buy guns.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/12/politics/senate-gun-safety-agreement/index.html

Pretty underwhelming and it's just a framework, not hard legislative text, but this is probably the most that could be realistically hoped for. 

On 6/9/2022 at 3:24 PM, ThinkerX said:

Second, kind of contrary to what was apparently expected, the SC decided to support mail in voting - at least for this one specific case. To me, this sets a precedent (or reinforces an existing one) that might come in handy during the literal election theft expected come November.

I haven't heard much on this--what have you heard? 

Archived