Jon's POV in TWOW, and where it could take us.

Sandy Clegg

On 10/12/2022 at 9:56 PM, Smoke317 said:

If Ghost goes beyond the wall, I could see him crossing paths with the wildling skin changer who warged into his 1 eyed wolf for the last time.  Maybe Ghost will claim that pack as his own and eventually form a super pack with Nymeria’s Riverland pack?  

Talk about “a time for wolves”…

This already happened.

Bran has already crossed paths with Varamyr Sixskins as Summer and claimed that pack as his own.

On 5/7/2023 at 3:52 PM, JLE said:

I think it's important that he *is* dead.

After all, there is that prophecy...

"Fire and blood to wake the dragon"... "Two kings to wake the dragon".

And, not far south of here, we have two kings... uncrowned and uncrownable.

Stannis, the rightful King in King's Landing, heir to Robert since Cersei's sons are bastards, but half his kingdom does not recognise this, and even many of those that do recognise it *within his own kingdom* would rather accept the illegitimate boy-king Tommen as the man in possession, for the sake of stability, than go through yet another war for a man who brings a foreign religion and burns people to death (regardless of the fact that he has now apparently stopped doing so: "Pray harder, there will be no more burnings"). The only people willing to fight for Stannis - other than the few thousand he brought to the Wall with him - are Northerners, people whose own kingdom, the North, has actually seceded from the South of Westeros, who want him as a *neighbour* not an overlord.

And, for the second king, another uncrowned and uncrownable. Theon Greyjoy, missing believed dead at the time of the Iron Islands Kingsmoot, is the only one who can rightfully challenge Euron at the moot, because he had not been there to press his claim: he can claim to be Balon's rightful heir. However if he ever gets close enough to the Iron Islands to *make* that claim he will be laughed out of the moot, in his current physical condition. Like Stannis, he is a rightful king that can never actually be crowned.

In any case, Theon is about to be executed. Asha has not pleaded for his life: only for the mercy of a quick death, let him be beheaded in front of the heart tree. BLOOD.

And Stannis... well there is a lot of talk about whether he will burn Shireen at the stake, and whether or not this will be Melisandre's order. Forgetting the fact that, in conversation with Davos (in ASOS), Stannis has seen a vision in the flames: the only fire-vision to be granted to an atheist rather than a true believer. A vision of a burning KING - not a burning child-princess. I believe that Stannis is the one who will die in FIRE.

Two kings, to die in fire and blood... Two who will never sit their rightful thrones, and will never live as kings, but if they die, will *die* as kings... To wake the Dragon... the Bastard Dragon, Jon, son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, but unacknowledged since Rhaegar would not *annul* his marriage to Elia (having a living son from her, the real Aegon who was killed by Gregor Clegane - a son who would be bastardized by an annulment, since the definition of annulment is to declare the marriage to have been void from the start, thus bastardizing its children): nor could he *divorce* Elia formally or legally (and bring a legal end to the legal marriage preserving his son's legitimacy) without his insane father's consent: nor marry Lyanna bigamously without the same.

Not so fast.

The burning king could very well be Jon or Aegon.

On 8/23/2023 at 10:11 AM, BlackLightning said:

The burning king could very well be Jon or Aegon.

On 8/30/2023 at 10:10 AM, SeanBeanedMeUp said:

I have very serious doubts if Jon will be a POV chapter anymore. My guess is that Melisandre will be the one where we see Jon Snow from.

I think it will take awhile before we get Jon POV.

My theory is that Mel will parallel Dany's burning of Drogo's pyre and waking the dragons when she resurrects Jon.

I expect her to burn Shireen where Dany burnt Mirri Maz Dur.

I expect Jon to be on the pyre as Drogo was.

I expect Melisandre to even walk into the fire as Dany did.

Hell I expect the red comet to return and be seen burning in the sky.

Picture Jon's body placed atop a great funeral pyre and Shireen tied to a stake screaming for her mother to intervene as Selyse watches on consumed by religious fanaticism.

As the fire takes and the pyre ignites, the red comet is seen returning.

Melisandre walks into the fire and kisses Jon, she dies, Jon awakes, the chapter ends.

In Bran's next chapter he coaxes Jon's soul from Ghost back into the resurrected Jon.

Then the next morning Jon, his hair burnt off walks naked from the ashes of the fire, starting his first POV chapter of the book.

From there this newly resurrect Jon will probably be more brutal having some of the wolf in him all the while being looked on with awe by those around him.

Edited by GreyJohnUmber

6 hours ago, GreyJohnUmber said:

I think it will take awhile before we get Jon POV.

My theory is that Mel will parallel Dany's burning of Drogo's pyre and waking the dragons when she resurrects Jon.

I expect her to burn Shireen where Dany burnt Mirri Maz Dur.

I expect Jon to be on the pyre as Drogo was.

I expect Melisandre to even walk into the fire as Dany did.

Hell I expect the red comet to return and be seen burning in the sky.

Picture Jon's body placed atop a great funeral pyre and Shireen tied to a stake screaming for her mother to intervene as Selyse watches on consumed by religious fanaticism.

As the fire takes and the pyre ignites, the red comet is seen returning.

Melisandre walks into the fire and kisses Jon, she dies, Jon awakes, the chapter ends.

In Bran's next chapter he coaxes Jon's soul from Ghost back into the resurrected Jon.

Then the next morning Jon, his hair burnt off walks naked from the ashes of the fire, starting his first POV chapter of the book.

From there this newly resurrect Jon will probably be more brutal having some of the wolf in him all the while being looked on with awe by those around him.

Don’t think Melisandre is stupid to sacrifice Shireen, not when she’s Stannis’s ally. She might sacrifice someone else though.

As for Shireen, I see the Night’s Watch sending her corpse to Ramsay to prove their loyalty.

5 hours ago, SeanBeanedMeUp said:

As for Shireen, I see the Night’s Watch sending her corpse to Ramsay to prove their loyalty.

Maybe, I think we might see another battle at castle black in the aftermath of Jon's murder.

One side would be members of the watch loyal to the mutineers, the other would be members of the watch loyal to Jon, the Baratheon faction, and the wildlings under Tormund.

5 hours ago, SeanBeanedMeUp said:

Don’t think Melisandre is stupid to sacrifice Shireen, not when she’s Stannis’s ally. She might sacrifice someone else though.

I think she might think Stannis is dead when she burns Shireen, she hasn't been able to see him in her visions and the pink letter says he has fallen fighting at Winterfell. She'll think all is lost because Azor Ahai has fallen and try and work great magic to save the world.

3 minutes ago, GreyJohnUmber said:

Maybe, I think we might see another battle at castle black in the aftermath of Jon's murder.

One side would be members of the watch loyal to the mutineers, the other would be members of the watch loyal to Jon, the Baratheon faction, and the wildlings under Tormund.

I think she might think Stannis is dead when she burns Shireen, she hasn't been able to see him in her visions and the pink letter says he has fallen fighting at Winterfell. She'll think all is lost because Azor Ahai has fallen and try and work great magic to save the world.

Dunno why Shireen of all people would be sacrificed by her. Melisandre, for all her problems, doesn't sound like she'll stoop that low. Patchface is far likelier, and I wouldn't even bet on it.