Let's fancast new characters

Annara Snow

While we're waiting for some casting announcements for season 2 (I have no idea when they will start releasing those, they have probably cast some character already since they're supposed to start shooting early next year), let's have fun and drop some fancasts for the new characters we expect in season 2.

(Preferably age-appropriate ones that make sense, Please no 40-year old men for Cregan Stark, who's supposed to be in his early 20s and closer to Jace's age than Rhaenyra's per the finale, no 20-something actresses for Alys Rivers, etc.)

I'll start with my Alys Rivers fancast: Laura Donnelly

40 year old, great actress with amazing screen presence, and with dark hair and brown eyes, definitely has the Strong look. (If you've seen The Nevers, you know she can do  great sex scenes.) 

I think it's also a pretty realistic fancast - she's currently on The Nevers but part 2 of season 1 hasn't even aired and we don't know if they will renew it or not and if so, when they will be filming season 2, she was recently on Werewolf by Night but she got recast on Outlander because she has no intention of returning to that show. 

My 2nd choice for Alys is someone else's fancast I saw, Bridget Regan, mostly because the also has the right look (if we ignore that she's a natural rehead, but she's mostly had dark hair in her roles). I don't know her that well as an actress, however, though I liked her in Agent Carter.

Anyone else has any fancasts for any of the characters?

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Khloey said:

For Alys Rivers : Eva Green, Katie McGrath or Ruth Wilson would be great, but I doubt they'll choose very famous people..

Eva Green is too famous. Rurh Wilson, probably, and too busy.

Katie McGrath isn'treally that famous,, she's just had a couple of popular shows and a fanbase. But while she looks right, I don't know if she's good enough as an actress.

Sadly Laura Donelly is also probably too busy especially with the MCU.

Another fancast someone suggested that I like is Jessica Parker Kennedy. I loved her in Black Sails. I don't know if they would cast a Canadian, but she can do different accents.

I've seen Eysteinn Sigurðarson (Sigtryggr from The Last Kingdom) fancast as Cregan. I love the actor but I'm not sure if that could happen since has a noticeable Icelandic accent. 

Then again, Nanna Blondel (Laena) has recently said she thought she would never get cast because she is Swedish. I was surprised to hear her real accent, although it's not that strong.

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2022 at 1:07 PM, Annara Snow said:

Eva Green is too famous. Rurh Wilson, probably, and too busy.

Katie McGrath isn'treally that famous,, she's just had a couple of popular shows and a fanbase. But while she looks right, I don't know if she's good enough as an actress.

Sadly Laura Donelly is also probably too busy especially with the MCU.

Another fancast someone suggested that I like is Jessica Parker Kennedy. I loved her in Black Sails. I don't know if they would cast a Canadian, but she can do different accents.

I've seen Eysteinn Sigurðarson (Sigtryggr from The Last Kingdom) fancast as Cregan. I love the actor but I'm not sure if that could happen since has a noticeable Icelandic accent. 

Then again, Nanna Blondel (Laena) has recently said she thought she would never get cast because she is Swedish. I was surprised to hear her real accent, although it's not that strong.

I wouldn't mind Eysteinn Sigurðarson, I was a huge fan of Sigtryggr in The Last Kingdom, but the accent is a major issue. A Yorkshire accent is hard enough as it is, but I'm sure he could be coached. I'd like to see him in a role within one of the prequels/sequels.

I agree that 40-year old men (particularly Henry Cavil) are ridiculous shouts for Cregan. Like you say he’s so young but looks older.

A rugged and hairier version of Aemon’s current actor (who is the right age but looks significantly older than he actually is) is the ideal choice. The best thing about HotD / Game of Thrones is that they introduce brand new actors and actresses for the younger roles.

It’s the older roles that should get the fancast appreciation, like Alys Rivers and the 2 older Dragonseeds (Ulf the White and Hugh Hammer)

I know that he's like 39 y/o but I cannot help but see Alexander Dreymon as Cregan. It's not like he looks his age but .... And for Alys (since Cregan and Alys are the characters I'm most excited to see in the next seasons. And Daeron!) I must admit I had Eva Green in my mind all the time while reading Fire and Blood, I know she was in Penny Dreadful but yeah, maybe she is a little too famous. I love the Bridget Regan mention, she could be a perfect Alys with the look she had in Legend of the seeker. Also like Katie McGrath, she's got that witch vibe that I'm hoping to see in the show about Alys.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived