Watch, Watched Watching : 2023 is going to be unstable!

TheLastWolf

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I have to agree with this. The film overall is not one of the great Westerns, but Val Kilmer gave a top five performance in it for the genre. He's amazing and steals basically every screen he's in.

That and the ending. Wyatt playing cards with his dying friend hits so much harder than "they died in a blaze of glory." 

I don't really care for the rest of the ending though. Room service and "some guy wept" at the funeral. 

4 hours ago, Ran said:

Pulp Fiction holds up very well, and I ended up dwelling on something that I never really thought of before: why did Vincent Vega act so rudely towards to Butch, exactly? I think I always took it to be that he just took a dislike to him or reacted rudely when he stared back at him, but for some reason this was the first time that I noticed he recognized Butch -- he calls him "punchy" and a "palooka", he knows he's a boxer. Which means... he knows that Butch was there meeting Marsellus Wallace, which means that Butch was agreeing to fix a fight (because why else would a prizefighter be having a private one-on-one with Marsellus?), and I think that's what makes Vega treat Butch that way. He sees himself as having a certain code of appropriate behavior, and throwing fights when your profession is boxing is not something that he approves of. Interesting, and gives added poignancy to Butch killing Vincent.

In addition, it is strongly implied, although not explicitly shown, that it was Butch who keyed Vincent's car.  

33 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

In addition, it is strongly implied, although not explicitly shown, that it was Butch who keyed Vincent's car.  

Yep. I think Tarantino confirmed that one at some point.

Archived