Long Live the Unions!

Jace, Extat

3 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

The lack of a union is the reason I've been treated like crap for years, even compared to other public sector workers. Long live the unions. 

I'm very pro union, but if we let you have one maybe you'd start doing what you really wanted to on the train. 

However, to be fair, 99% of your actions would be easily justifiable, especially if you slapped the person playing music without any kind of earbuds or headphones. 

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

However, to be fair, 99% of your actions would be easily justifiable, especially if you slapped the person playing music without any kind of earbuds or headphones. 

2 days in a row. One cock vaping on the train, next day arsehole without headphones. I'm not a patient man at the best of times but when I've done a night shift I'm a fucking nightmare. 

22 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

2 days in a row. One cock vaping on the train, next day arsehole without headphones. I'm not a patient man at the best of times but when I've done a night shift I'm a fucking nightmare. 

I can forgive the person vaping if they're not blowing it at me, but the person who plays music, or worse, podcasts, in a tight space is just a jerk. You should be able to at least give them a ticket for that. 

4 minutes ago, Madame deVenoge said:

I say beat the f—- out of them. Playing music, having video chat conversations, etc with no earphones is just inexcusable.

I believe in compromise. 

If a person MUST play content without headphones... perhaps it can -only- be George Carlin standup routines. And after two selections per person, not to exceed five minutes apiece, control of the car audio system is shuffled to another random earphone-less passenger. 

Thank you for the future, Mr. Musk. We'll try to be grateful. 

1 hour ago, Madame deVenoge said:

I say beat the f—- out of them. Playing music, having video chat conversations, etc with no earphones is just inexcusable.

It's especially fun when a couple is fighting. I'll never get that.

21 minutes ago, Madame deVenoge said:

Right? It almost makes me want to say “Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!!!” but I’m pretty sure the kids these days would just think I’m batty.

Trust me, the kids know, unless they think you're referencing Rick and Morty. 

This thread ostensibly about unions does not seem to be about unions much at all...

5 hours ago, Madame deVenoge said:

Right? It almost makes me want to say “Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!!!” but I’m pretty sure the kids these days would just think I’m batty.

Couple weeks ago when Springer died I saw it on the way to class - did not expect any of my students to know who he was so didn't mention it.  Sure enough, in both classes that day students mentioned it unprompted.  Apparently many of them still grew up with his show over the past 20 years through repeats/syndication.