Realistically, could Cregan have been stopped

54 minutes ago, frenin said:

He would not be able to take Storm's End or Casterly Rock.

Jury is out on Oldtown although it would have been nearly impossible to do so by all accounts 

See Storms End I feel like he’d be able to do, cuz the Baratheons were beaten down, their lord was defeated. It’d be costly to Storm it, but I think Cregan could. And I think Oldtown would be easy to take, depending on what the green army did. At this point it’s pretty much over. The greens have no reason to keep fighting. Except for the irony of putting Aegon’s daughter on the throne. Which I highly doubt they’d do considering what started the war.

17 minutes ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

Yeah, SE, Oldtown and Casterly Rock would've stopped him. Taking each is going to take either a lot of time, with a seige or a lot of his manpower by trying to storm them. 

I think Oldtown would fall with little to no resistance. Storms End would be costly but doable. Casterly rock would need to be sieged.

1 hour ago, BlackLightning said:

He could take Oldtown

But there's absolutely no way that he'd be able to take Casterly Rock. And I don't feel very confident about his chances in taking Storm's End...

I think he could take storms end, but it’d be costly. And that’s IF Borros’ WIFE wanted to fight. Which she didn’t. If she could surrender and talk Cregan down from killing then all that’s what she’d do

Edited by King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd
It was his wife not daughter

On 6/14/2023 at 3:36 PM, King_Tristifer_IV_Mudd said:

I think he could take storms end, but it’d be costly. And that’s IF Borros’ WIFE wanted to fight. Which she didn’t. If she could surrender and talk Cregan down from killing then all that’s what she’d do

LOL right because had it been up to Borros' daughter Cassandra, Storm's End definitely would've fought back.