Mad Theories

KingAerys_II

Aenys and Maegor are not Aegon's sons but they are Balerion'sons, Rhaenys and Visenya made the same spells performed by Valyrian sorcerers in the pits of Gogossos, Rhaenys learned the spell during her flights of fancy that were trips to Asshai and Shadowlands. 

Tyanna of the Tower attempted to do the same spells to Maegor wives but she failed. 

Aera is actually Rhaella

The ritual magic performed at Summerhall actually worked, but deformed creatures were born and they destroyed everything by using dragon flames

Melisandre is Shiera Seastar or Alys Rivers

Rhaenys hatched Quicksilver on Dragonstone after Aegon read the letter, the dragon saved Aenys life and the dinasty

1 hour ago, Jon Snowfyre said:

Not a single Targaryen woman of the Conquest and Post Conquest era, ever practiced magic. Aside from Daenerys. Visenya and Shiera were just very outspoken and strong women. History just paints them as witches to slander them.

Rhaena put dragons eggs in Jaehaerys and Alysanne cradles, the eggs hatched and Vermithor and Silverwing were born, the same did Rhaenyra, call it whatever you want, but this is magic, the Velaryons tried the same with Lena, they failed, from the egg an hostile creature was born and started to attack the newborn. Rhaenyra and Rhaena were witches and they were powerful Targaryens, that's the only quality of Rhaenyra

Weirdest Theories I've Heard:

• Renly is Azor Ahai (had something to do with numerology)
  • Everything is Bran's coma dream
  • Ned = Pigeon
  • Petyr Baelish is a clone (mine own)
  • Jon is the result of a millennia-old secret breeding project
  • There was no shadow assassin, Florents rigged Renly's gorget with a spring blade trap
  • Harrenhal Inside Job
Edited by Craving Peaches

Among the Starks, I like Rickon for the fact he enjoys to taste the blood of Shaggy Dog preys when he does skinchanging, this make him different from his show version. But Starks and Targaryens show magic powers, some houses have gold as the Lannisters, some have strange gods as the Blackmont and Greyjoy, they are not interesting, why should I like Tyrells. I enjoy Manderly for their chef skills

1 minute ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I remember mockingly writing something like this some months back but never thought there actually was some theory like that 

It was the title of a page I saw while looking at ASOIAF related images (as in the link to the page where the image was). Didn't click on it but I tried to find it later on... no luck though.

Edited by Craving Peaches

3 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Weirdest Theories I've Heard:

• Renly is Azor Ahai (had something to do with numerology)
  • Everything is Bran's coma dream
  • Ned = Pigeon
  • Petyr Baelish is a clone (mine own)
  • Jon is the result of a millennia-old secret breeding project
  • There was no shadow assassin, Florents rigged Renly's gorget with a spring blade trap
  • Harrenhal Inside Job

I have read Jaqen is the true Aegon, Rowland Reed is the High Sparrow, Benjen is Daario, Tyrion is Aerys bastard, old Nan is Shiera Seastar, Lightbringer is Ser Davos 

Just now, KingAerys_II said:

I have read Jaqen is the true Aegon

I've not seen that one...

1 minute ago, KingAerys_II said:

Rowland Reed is the High Sparrow, Benjen is Daario, Tyrion is Aerys bastard

Seen these.

1 minute ago, KingAerys_II said:

old Nan is Shiera Seastar, Lightbringer is Ser Davos 

Not seen these ones...

Other weird/unique theories I've seen:

• The Titan of Braavos is a giant mecha that will come to life and defend the City in its hour of need
  • The Seven are aliens (true)
  • The Others are Young Weirwoods (don't really get how this works)
  • The Others are mirror-illusions created by the Children of the Forest
  • A secret cabal including Varys is systematically purging the middle classes of Westeros to prevent social progress and keep Westeros in the medieval era forever
  • Lightbringer = Someone's Reproductive Organs
  • Planetos is flat

1 minute ago, Craving Peaches said:
  • A secret cabal including Varys is systematically purging the middle classes of Westeros to prevent social progress and keep Westeros in the medieval era forever

Surely the mermen such as Varys don't want it because progress eventually means a thriving fishing industry which is bad news for them.

2 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:
  • Lightbringer = Someone's Reproductive Organs

Ummm... could be Stannis' since he seems to have sacrificed them.

Also:

• Quentyn is a dragon
  • Victarion is Azor Ahai (would be funny)
  • There is a Big Conspiracy to obscure historical dates and figures to make the true time(scale over which) events occurred unclear for some reason (not sure why...) (like this: Phantom time conspiracy theory - Wikipedia but in Westeros)
  • Westeros is Earth in the future (hopefully not)
  • A Land Bridge connects the top of Westeros to the far east of Essos (I think GRRM confirmed this was wrong)
  • Gybert Farwynd was right
  • Brandon the Shipwright survived and founded a colony on the 'New World' equivalent in Planetos