Patchface

Otatop1000

I have read through the books a few times.  Yet, Patchface’s words never ring any bells for me. Quaithe and visions Dany sees in the House of undying all add up for me when I see them.  But Patchface is lost in me if anyone could highlight and clue me in to his words I’d like it,

3 hours ago, Otatop1000 said:

Yet, Patchface’s words never ring any bells for me.

His words are supposed to make sense after the fact. "Fool's blood, king's blood, blood on the maiden's thigh, but chains for the guests and chains for the bridegroom, aye aye aye" is foreshadowing for the Red Wedding, for example.

There was a post here some time ago that suggested that, when Patchface talks about things "under the sea," he's actally talking about things that happen to the dead.  Sorry, I don't have a link.  But since he has a unique name, you might be able to find it by doing a search.

Come to think of it, is it possible that Patchface is a "pseudo-wight," like Beric or Coldhands? We know he survived a shipwreck; maybe he didn't completely survive. You'd think someone in Stannis's household would have noticed if he never eats or drinks anything. But being a mere fool, he probably doesn't dine with the family; so it's remotely possible that his condition could have gone unnoticed.