Build Your ASOIAF Thanksgiving Dinner!

Maegor_the_Cool

Not being a Yankee type, I don't celebrate Thanksgiving. But I do like eating, so I'll pick some recipes from the Feast of Ice and Fire that I might serve at a Thanksgiving-type dinner.

To start:

• Fingerfish
  • Sweet pumpkin soup (OK, so I'm not sure how well these would go together. But I can't leave out the one pumpkin recipe, and the fingerfish - the OG fingerfish, at least, not the modern fishfingers, are too delicious to ignore; if necessary, I'll serve them in separate remove)
  • Black bread

Main:

Pudding:

To drink:

While on the website to get the available links, I found that the IatC ladies came up with their own Westerosi Thanksgiving menu in 2012, which you can see here. There's a bit of overlap with mine (my inclusion of fingerfish is vindicated)!

42 minutes ago, Alester Florent said:

Do unicorns exist in ASoIaF?

Allegedly. I'm actually pretty sus about it and am fairly convinced the it's just a goat...

I'd totally have some goat tho. Ok, but first item on the menu,  hard liquor.  Tyrion drank some rum that should work nicely,  but of course still keep the mead and wine flowing.  Second item on the menu, Sourleaf. I think that's like some type of chewing tobacco?

Bon Appétit.

11 hours ago, Alester Florent said:

Do unicorns exist in ASoIaF?

Yes, they are mentioned in several places. We haven't actually seen a live one on the page; but one of the wildlings gave the Watch a helmet made from a unicorn's head when he passed through the Wall.

But if unicorn isn't available, I'll settle for aurochs.

Edited by Aebram