WoW

RaceBannon42

Hey now, size doesn't really matter, :leer:

Well, I guess it is kinda stubby - but I like the ripple effect.

Could be worse, you could be a Tauren wielding it like a garden spade.

It certainly looked cool on a mage wearing full spellfire, with a matching red cape, ruby slippers, and her swift red gryphon. :D

Too bad I had to vendor it to make space in my bank.

Hit 40 last night, with /played 5d 18h 2m. Got a turqoise raptor for the effort. I'm half way through Revered with Orgrimmar, so I think I will have the option to get a wolf if I want before 60.

I got trained in mail, but then discovered that the mail pieces that I have will severely nerf my +agil, to the tune of ~50 points. It seems that it may not be worth the bonus in armor (and pet buff from that). I do also get a 500+ life bonus from the +stam on the mail pieces, though. Alas, I think I will stick with leather pieces until I can get good +agil mail pieces.

I also found a gun on AH that is an upgrade from my bow. I will be trying that out. I don't know if I will like the low rate of firing (2.6 gun versus 1.9 bow). We will see.

Sold a bunch of small silk pouches (10 slots) on AH and made some gold. First Tailoring item that can sell for some gold. I suspect that I am selling them on the cheap side (1g 20s). At least it helped paid for some of the tailoring cost. I didn't realize that tailoring will also need stuff like spider silk and elixir of wisdom or iridiscent pearls or who knows what else on the higher recipes. Now I am becoming even more of a pack rat... "hmm... murlock scales... I wonder if I will need it for tailor later? Better keep it." :rolleyes: I don't know how I would have survived if GoN had not gifted me with those Neverweave bags. :lol:

Buddy of mine swore by slow bows/guns - but then I had another friend who preferred his Hurricane that would practically mini-gun arrows, :dunno:

I'd say go with the slow for bigger DPS and Aimed shot hits, but my hunter is stuck at 48, so I'm not an authority.

When you get old enough - you can buy the Frostwolf arrows / bullets that do pretty nice damage. Also the spear you get from a cheesey AV quest is really nice and you can get it practically as soon as you get out there (as long as you win an AV).

Terra, do you need me to make you any scopes or anything? I'm level 190ish in eng right now and can make some guns and scopes. Might not be high enough level to make you anything really good, but I can keep my eye out for stuff. I can also make ammo too. Just let me know.

We took down Void Reaver last weekend. 2x Pauldrons of the Vanquished Hero and something else i don't recall dropped. Both shoulders went to mages. Its amazing what can happen when people pull their heads out of their asses and stay alive a whole fight.

Did Gruul again on Tuesday, no real problems. We didn't do as well as we are capable of, but again, once everyone decided to actually play and not die, we got him down. I got my Leggings of the Fallen Defender as well.

We were scheduled for Void Reaver again yesterday, but had a slight change of plans. Doomwalker was up so we decided he needed to be destroyed. This was our first attempt on him, took us a few tries, but we got him down. 1st alliance guild on the server to kill him, so we were all on cloud 9 after we got him. He dropped Archaic Charm of Presence and Barrel-Blade Longrifle. All in all a good week for us. Our Mag try didn't go as well as we've done before, but we are getting there. Getting the same people who have been there and used the cubes before is key. I know its not a hard concept, but for some people, it is. Void Reaver again tonight. Let the good times roll.

Terra, this is not very helpfull, but there is an add on that adds what items are used for in the tooltip. I have no idea which one it is. It might be part of auctioneer but thats just a guess. It very handy though, so its worth doing a bit of digging. Not sure if you have auctioneer either. If you sell a lot of stuff its great. You scan the AH periodically, and it builds a price database, then it automatically suggests what you should sell stuff for. It also show you the price you would get from a vendor.

I had Auctioneer for a little while - quit using it after they broke it before BC.

I should probably pick it back up again, it was the one that gave you vendor prices on quest rewards right?

I find myself broke again after training my lvl 20 spells and doing a little leatherworking, :unsure:

Knowing that the stupid 2handed mace that I can't use sells for more than the other junk rewards I can't use is good.

Got GWolf finally! (again) and cheered, but everyone had logged already, :lol:

Now I can either get really serious about lvling her, or switch out to the other alts...

Auctioneer gives you prices on everything. Any item you pick up, if it's seen it in the auction house it'll remember it and tell you what its value was. It doesn't tell you what the quest rewards will sell to the vendor for though.

Auctioneer (from Curse):

"This plugin also provides you with a database of vendor buy and sell prices, what professions will use the item and stack sizes for a relativly large set (about 7000) of common in-game items. This data is presented when you mouse over an item, and the tooltip appears (Yes, even when looting)"

Granted, I still don't know if that's the right one, but I didn't use that many mods that were money oriented, so it's a good guess this is what I used.

I'll try it again and find out for sure, it won't hurt.

Slept Tuesday off last night, but I did log in long enough to get some gems made and mailed, and enchant my T4 shoulders. Got a +8 hit and a +4 str / +6 stam gem in the mail for that.

I don't normally hit the AH often enough to get useful data on the sort of things I really need the info about, which is the random blues that I pick up occasionally and sell. But I should probably pick up Theorycraft some time.

Apparently there was an attempt at heroic shattered halls while I slept. It appears this led to two conclusions. One is that a good hunter can effectively CC 2 or even 3 mobs (once there's kiting room). The other is that our paladin is not properly geared for tanking. Actually, it's more of three non-tank items (the shield is better than his older tanking shield even so) and bad gemming. A tank should never put anything but +12 stamina in a blue socket, but he has things like spell damage gems, in blue sockets. I dislike putting any gem that has no stamina in any slot (especially since I feel like I have too much avoidance and want to tone it down).

And Glowing Nightseye too. Though I've heard that one way for a pally tank to gear is to wear pretty much all warrior gear but a caster sword and shield, and maybe like one ring or something like that. I don't know though, I've never been a tank of any kind (well, I used to try to drain tank ZG trash, but the healers yelled at me :P ). Well, I suppose I am sort of starting a new career as a priest tank in arena too, but that's different...

Tanks of all types should never put anything in a blue socket but solid stars of elunes. More stamina just makes tanking and healing so much more stable, even if it hurts your avoidance a bit.

For Red sockets if the bonus is worth keeping. 4 agi/6 sta for warriors/druids. 5 spell damage/6 sta for paladins.

For yellow sockets if the bonus is worth keeping, 4 def/6 sta for warriors/paladins (and druids if not uncrittable), otherwise 4 agi/4hit.

What I like to do for socket bonuses is just find the one piece of gear that has the most amount of non blue sockets. As long as it doesn't have a great socket bonus like 6 stamina or something, then say screw the socket bonuses there and put full solid stars of elune. Once I get my S2 arena helm for my warrior next week I'll be doing that for him with the 4 str bonus on the Stalwart Defender helm. Then for the rest of the gear put in the 6 sta/4 agi and 6 sta/4 def gems I need to round things out.

What makes great pally tanking stuff is not the same as what makes great tanking stuff. Pallies generate threat via spell damage (thanks to righteous fury), and they don't tend to generate much threat via wacking stuff. They also need more defense than warriors because their talents don't provide the same level that a warrior's does. Compare this to the warrior, who doesn't want a super huge amount of avoidance some of the time because they need to generate rage partially by being hit. Paladins love avoidance, even compared to stamina.

From what I've seen, pallys tend to focus on damage avoidance, being uncritable (490 def) and uncrushable (avoidance/block), and then combine that with spell damage and adding as much stam stuff/armor as they can. They can generate a good amount of threat this way but they tend to me more fragile than a warrior, which makes them not as good of tanks as warriors are.

I think that Shaladan focused too much on defense and not enough on avoidance/stam. But then again, it looks like it's kind of academic; paladins don't seem like they're going to be viable MT for anything past kara.

Archived