WoW

RaceBannon42

Hell, a cat druid *is* a bear druid. Name me one other class that can spec tank and dps at the same time. That's right, you can't.

If your guild group is that bad, unless you have a compelling reason not to, ditch them for being utter retards.

Spent a little while in tells with the co-leader of my Gruul raid. I felt bad about having gotten loot and then ditched for the night last week (worse than if I hadn't gotten the loot, but I had to go... nobody had told me it was moved to Tuesdays in general until last night, so I'd made RL plans). So I'll be showing up, apologizing to everyone because my conscience demands it more than any other reason, and as long the schedule stays consistent, I should have no problem being there the whole time.

Ground the paladin a bit past 50 as well as picking up a lot of flightpaths. Felwood, Azshara, Winterspring all. Slowly but surely working my way up.

Got in a heroic Sethekk too. I didn't pick up the nether, but I did finally get a Ravenclaw Band and a 10 AP / 4 Hit gem. Also we did the druid boss, who was not actually very hard. Even though he did one of those silly little runarounds and managed to terrain glitch and heal back 40% or so. The healer was on his first heroic, and he did an excellent job. Plus I feel good about utterly rocking the meters above a mage and a balance druid. But still no nethers. I just want a new sword!

Wait for the S2 ones. Not that much more and when S3 comes out S1 gear is going to be added to the BG honor system, so you can get 2 more pieces of S1 gear then to buff your resilience.

You could get the feral hat from 50 heroic badges.

DPS druids are perfectly fine at the Kara/early 25 man level. Issue is their gear doesn't scale nor their abilities as well as other classes, so if you are withing 10-15% of rogues now you'll be like 40% at BT level gear.

DPS druids are perfectly fine at the Kara/early 25 man level. Issue is their gear doesn't scale nor their abilities as well as other classes, so if you are withing 10-15% of rogues now you'll be like 40% at BT level gear.

haha, i have no idea what yer talkin bout =P

The group of Alliance boarders is on Malfurion, USA.

Hubby and I are working up D-girls there, I'm stalling to let him catch up (which should be tonight or tomorrow).

The rest of the gang (except for Min, :P ) have relatively high characters there, so you wouldn't be lonely.

The rest of the gang (except for Min, :P ) have relatively high characters there, so you wouldn't be lonely.

Not _quite_ all of us yet, thanks. Some of us are still realtively low level becuase we too have just started.

Aratan

I'm loitering around 22 - not sure why. Hubby will be up and past me before I can blink, so I don't know if it would be worth waiting to level up with him.

He's 14 now, but should clear up to 18 if not 20 tonight, depending on how motivated he is.

Relic that is just from the reading and research I've done on feral druids at different stages of progression. The main thing is twofold.

1) Ferals have some powerful gear available pre raid and at the Kara level. T4 bonus for example is very nice for kitty dps. This ceases to be at T5 and T6 gear though. Add in there that cat white dps is always always basically 55dps. It doesn't change. When a rogue or warrior or enhance shaman gets a new piece of gear, his base white dps changes. Plus of course getting more AP helps that. A druid only gets more damage from AP.

2) Cat abilities just don't scale as well. Rip as a finisher suffers horribly compared to Slice and Dice.

However since you dont' seem to be doing much 25 man raiding, I doubt you'll ever run into it too much. We have a feral in guild who does extremely good damage. Heck my shaman does too. Sadly it just doesn't continue that way once the pure dps classes keep getting gear upgrades such as warlocks, mages, hunters and especially rogues. I have a feeling I'll start Kara on top or near to top of the DPS meters, but once we're done with it I don't expect that to stay that way.

Relic that is just from the reading and research I've done on feral druids at different stages of progression. The main thing is twofold.

1) Ferals have some powerful gear available pre raid and at the Kara level. T4 bonus for example is very nice for kitty dps. This ceases to be at T5 and T6 gear though. Add in there that cat white dps is always always basically 55dps. It doesn't change. When a rogue or warrior or enhance shaman gets a new piece of gear, his base white dps changes. Plus of course getting more AP helps that. A druid only gets more damage from AP.

2) Cat abilities just don't scale as well. Rip as a finisher suffers horribly compared to Slice and Dice.

hmm

well here what im workin with right now in cat form with only a motw self buff -

222.8 dps

1.00 seed

2172 ap

82 hit rating

31.16 crit %

my shred finisher crits at around 3500 with 5 combo points.

interesting bout the scaling stuff. might explain why only one druid made the top 150 players in arena. probably wasnt feral either.

once again, thank god i can tank like a beast =P

Is your hit normal for druids? Mine is 193 and my dps is much higher than that as well.

Here is Arc. (I am WTFing because I know he has better gear and its not on.... wtf?)

im not sure about the hit rating but dps kitties base their damage off of AP. Your dps is way higer due to your weapons, me thinks.

Arc has WAY better gear than i go. He's got at least two tier 4's from kara and the merc glad stuff. he's diesel =P

oh and hes got Illhoof's Squiddy Staff too

I was just wondering about the DPS cuz I got FUCKED UP by a kitty in Arena last night. *mangle* *dead Ro*

yeah like i said look at the AP, not the dps in feral kitties.

that staff is liek a sex toy from hell.

as for kitties in arena...yeah we do dmg but we also take dmg. alot of it. i have yet to see a single druid not go bear at some point in arena. usually at round 50% health if no heals are incoming

DW classes need a lot of hit. Especially warriors and rogues, enhancement shamans are better off with crit. So its often to see DW fury wars and rogues with over 200 hit rating, even close to 300 or more for rogues. It's mainly because DW'ing destroys your hit percentages for both MH and OH.

However hunters, MS warriors, kitty druids, paladins are using just one weapon. Thus they need about 5% to hit vs equal level mobs, and maybe around 8% to hit against 73s. Any more than that is just a waste. For example my MS warrior needs around 75ish hit rating to not miss in PVP, which is a pain since my gear doesn't have a lot of hit and I'm having to use inferior neck/ring because of it.

Druids do well in 2v2 and 3v3 at very high levels of play. However other than perhaps rogue/feral, most of those druids will be resto. Resto druid with warrior is powerful, resto druid with lock, etc. The thing is with a good resto is that melee have a very hard time sustaining dps on them and cyclone is annoying as fuck. Plus so many of their heals are instant that they can LoS very well and don't get caught too much by spell locks. But yeah not being able to cyclone is the main issue with ferals. They're not in caster most of the time to cyclone.

Aye, the guildleader's (rogue) hit is 275. I am looow.

BTW, my son seems to have turned off SWS stats - can anyone give me a reminder on how to turn in back on?

type /swstats.. should give you some options to use. there should be an enable one. It might be /swstats enable?

ASOIAF names ftw!

In my travels playing WOW I have encountered a few. Variations on Daenerys are common enough. On my old server there was a priest named Blackfish who was, indeed, named after everyone's favorite Tully. I have seen different hunters with wolf pets named Grey Wind and Shaggydog.

There is a "Vyseries" in my current guild.

When I made my night elf hunter I wanted to name her Nymeria, but that name was unfortunately taken. I ran down the list of obscure ASOIAF women and eventually settled on Lynesse (ex-wife of Ser Jorah) because I thought it sounded night elfy in addition to being an obscure ASOIAF reference.

Didn't go for a GRRM name on my main (dwarf warrior) but that's because I went older, with an obscure LOTR reference instead: name is Stonehelm, the style name of Thorin III (son of Dain Ironfoot, son of Nain). I think the geek gods are appeased.

my ASOIAF characters on various servers:

Rattleshirt (I've carried this name across several servers)

Jeor (hunter)

Ashai (priest)

Quaithe (priest)

Dracarys (mage - fire of course, ;) )

I've seen a number of other people running around with ASOIAF names, and I've gotten recognized a few times. It's kinda cool to get a random /tell from someone excited to discuss the books.

Back in DAoC, I saw a whole group with the last name H'Gar - all Shadowblades, :P

I actually made a joke about somebody for the name they picked, turned out they'd never heard of the book series. I'll be danged if I can remember what the name was though.

Pinkmast? Myrishswamp?

Aratan

Archived