WoW

RaceBannon42

Hubby and I installed an X-Perl compilation last night and have been tinkering with it to get comfortable.

It uses Cartographer, so I'm not sure I like it yet. If it comes down to it, I'll get Atlas again.

There are a number of annoying things that we're still working out - like HUGEOMFGText or annoying quickbar placement.

Things looked so different on the character panel I damn near died before I realized it.

There's a Discord UI that I like, but hubby cringes at how cluttered it is (hey, I'm a sham that PEWPEWs and heals - I need lots of junk to look at).

Cool thing about the XPerl we have is that you can switch skins around until you find one you like - or else make your own and just plug them in.

The compilation has a metric ton of addons though, some of which look redundant - but whatever (you need CT, Bartender and Cybars? :o )

The /whisper instant messanger thingy is kinda cool - keeps direct /tells in a popup so they don't get lost in the chat scroll. Somehow the /whisper text also pops up in the center of your screen like a Raid message - but I have no idea how I turned that on.

Hubby is totally tickled with his priest - yeah, nothing overpowered about Drenai getting Fearward and a mana HOT, :rolleyes:

We will have enough tanks. We can snag an offtank from anywhere. I will main it. Hell, Ehgar can offtank. And we have a priest for shackle, so....no worries.

I have no fucking idea what time you should be up. I always fuck it up.

Edit: I am a rogue. Not the worst tank in the world, but close. I am damn good at going stabby insane tho.

Well, in Gnomer you'll be fine, just avoid the insanely large pulls (unless you want everybody else to wipe while you vanish...heh-heh). A couple of hits with most things and they're dead. Not much need for tanking there.

And stay away from the edges of the ramps...

Tank: *looks over the ramp railing* I swore there was a door up here, must be on the other side.

Hunter: I'm low on arrows, we're near--

Me: Guys? what's all that red stuff coming up the ramp?

Hubby: SH*T INCOMMING!

*swarmed by about 20 mobs at once*

There is a section with two ramps on either side of a lower corridor near the boss' room - the mobs below can see you if you step up to the edge of the ramp. This wouldn't be too bad, but when one sees you, he drags all of his coworkers with him down the corridor and up the ramp to come kick your ass.

she can totally solo gnomer. just make sure ppl stay back as you kill everything.

ive run ppl thru zf with no problems whatsoever

Different class.

I can run people through (solo) Mauradon, including the princess with a low level healer. But I'm a tank. She is squishy squish.

We had a level 70 priest have problems running someone through SM yesterday. But Daj ran me through at 60 as a tank in his sleep. (I think he was drunk and literally fell asleep. But don't quote me on that.)

(Yes, I made that comment because I saw you reading the forum, Jamie)

KZ is 16.00 server time...which uhh. no idea actually what that is for different time zones :P

I R lazy and normally note the time discrepancy with my time vs server time and deduct the difference :P simpler than remembering (altho for me it's just an hour).

Ya maybe Ehgar can tank if he goes Feral. I was hoping someone knew a bare tank we could bring :) It just feels good when you have something big and furry ready to tank!! :P Bare is 4 tank! And hot cups of Mangle!!

Looking forward to Sat a lot since MY HEAT PROBLEMS ARE FINALLY SOLVED!!! I can be logged in for more than 1 min before my system goes pants. My motherboard temp is down to 49C :D

No more fatal errors or random comp reboots every other min. My record was that WoW just kept giving me errors the second I logged on. But now it is fine!! weeeh1!

KZ is 16.00 server time...which uhh. no idea actually what that is for different time zones :P

I R lazy and normally note the time discrepancy with my time vs server time and deduct the difference :P simpler than remembering (altho for me it's just an hour).

Ya maybe Ehgar can tank if he goes Feral. I was hoping someone knew a bare tank we could bring :) It just feels good when you have something big and furry ready to tank!! :P Bare is 4 tank! And hot cups of Mangle!!

Looking forward to Sat a lot since MY HEAT PROBLEMS ARE FINALLY SOLVED!!! I can be logged in for more than 1 min before my system goes pants. My motherboard temp is down to 49C :D

No more fatal errors or random comp reboots every other min. My record was that WoW just kept giving me errors the second I logged on. But now it is fine!! weeeh1!

1600 is 9am our time Ro.

We should grab Farven. He offtanked my Kara group a couple of weeks ago and did good. I think he's Laevid's friend.

Note #1: Arvoar the Rapacious is a rat bastard son of a palsied syphillitic whore. I got murdered 3 times trying to solo him. I could do it if:

a) I never miss interrupting or stance-dancing a fear

B) I manage to not enrage him (he's one of those stupid rock flayers who shell and enrage if you hit them too much)

c) I don't get any adds (requires not only a, but also having cleared all nearby mobs, since when he shells, he runs around on crack)

In the end, I grabbed a druid friend to claw his tail off and it was trivial. Tonight I can try to get someone to kill his identical twin sister Barash the Den Mother, and pick up some shieldslamlol boots.

Also tonight I plan to try and cap out daggers running Stockades. On Kara trash that our paladin was tanking I actually got close to 300 (from 160ish), so I shouldn't need *too* long. Except of course the easy part is past already.

Kara went mostly smoothly. A few really really sloppy moments like when the paladin went to tank a pull in a rather inappropriate spot, and the hunter backed into one of those Retainer pulls. Or when I went up to mark a pull of Spell Shades, then decided to add my new cloak to my dps set, then facepulled while half in tank and half in dps gear. Silly things like that. But otherwise, aside from a screwup on Curator, of all bosses, we one-shotted everything, including our second Netherspite and first Illhoof kills.

The screwup was like so: our hunter normally stays on Curator through the fight.

1. He keeps forgetting to download and install a threat meter.

2. He's bad about fixing his focus, so since the paladin was tanking for much of the trash, he misdirected the wrong person.

End result: he died before the first evocate and we just didn't have the damage to down big C. Came back and did it trivially, of course.

Only tanking gear was the boots I already have; went to the paladin. But I did pick up a cloak off of Aran for when I pretend to dps.

Bad news, brothers:

http://www.wowinsider.com/2007/08/09/blue-...and-voice-chat/

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...95812&sid=1

Windfury Totem will no longer trigger for any “yellow†attacks unless they are on next swing attacks, such as Heroic Strike and Cleave.

There are days I think the only good Sham news comes on April 1st. :(

Fucking Blizzard!

Just when I get excited that you are gonna throw enhancement some love you pull this shit. You nerf shamans raid viability because MS warriors are overpowered in PvP...right... :mad

Guess I need to start farming for mats for Netherstrike so I can respec to something usefull :/

I am kinda getting a kick out of the blizz forum response to this though.

This was my favorite

They pushed this live without a period of public test?

DEAR BLIZZARD, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? TEST THIS CRAP ON A WIDE SCALE BEFORE SQUEEZING IT OUT OF YOUR ASS AND INTO MY MOUTH.

oh and Minnesota is server time minus 7 hours so 1600-700 is 0900

Edit a bit late:

Is it possible for me to stealth into KZ to do any of that quest? Will I fuckup my KZ timing? I can't find shit out online atm, and I am too busy to look more right now, so...does anyone know?

This means Heroic Shattered Halls and Sethekk Halls must be partially completed in order to obtain the [blackened Urn], which is used to summon Nightbane."

I have the quest... I think.

The heroics are the hard part. Regular SH is a bitch Heroic has to be nasty . I'd love to do Heroic Sethekk, but I dont have the Auchindon Key yet. Need 3 or 4 Slab runs.

eta: ok im only up to step 4 in the line. I need the journal off of Aran. There there are 4 more steps til the urn part comes in.. so no chance at the key for me for awhile.

The Heroics for the Nightbane summon thing are not terribly difficult, since in each case you only need to clear to and kill the first boss. The Shattered Halls portion is made a lot less irritating if you have a rogue who can pick the lock to the first boss' door, allowing you to avoid the sewers.

Sethekk Halls is not so bad except for the mobs that are immune to CC and hit like trucks. A general rule for heroics is that if there are two mobs that stand guard in front of a doorway, they will be immune to CC and hit like trucks.

Nightbane is a beast. Stance dancing for the win.

Kalbear, can you get your tanking pally to 70 by tommorrow morning?

Hahahhaha

Forgot to mention the amusing story from Wed night. After zerging SM, we went to do quests over in Alterac near Dalaran. Killing random guys, we finally get these quest items to drop and are about to leave. We start hearthstoning right in the middle of the area. Naturally, someone spawns and starts beating me up. So I'm knocked out of hearthstone.

Carrie is not affected by this guy, and I'm starting to generate more threat. She keeps thinking that she's going to be knocked out of it so she does nothing but watch as I take on a couple guys. And then...the hearthstone works and she gets back to Tarren Mill.

But it's okay, right? I can handle a couple dorks! And I did. Then a summoner summoned another guy, another elemental came by and two more casters came by - and then 2 more elementals came by. I managed to kill 6 of the 8 (not bad for a 34 against multiple 36s), but I ran out of blessing, my bubble was done and my LoH was done and my pots were done. I died.

While my wife watched in horror and comfort from her safe spot in Tarren Mill.

"Would you like me to run back with you to your body?"

"No, that's okay...just stay all safe and happy in the inn while I fight for my life...AGAIN".

On the flip side, I'm getting a lot better handling multiple guys at once and am actively seeking that out now for a lot of random pulls. The hardest part is maintaining threat on all of the mobs while Carrie RoFs them to death, but I'm practicing on beating on one for a while, then beating on another while maintaining consecrate and other holy spells. Can't wait for holy shield - that'll make it much easier.

Hahahhaha

Forgot to mention the amusing story from Wed night. After zerging SM, we went to do quests over in Alterac near Dalaran. Killing random guys, we finally get these quest items to drop and are about to leave. We start hearthstoning right in the middle of the area. Naturally, someone spawns and starts beating me up. So I'm knocked out of hearthstone.

Carrie is not affected by this guy, and I'm starting to generate more threat. She keeps thinking that she's going to be knocked out of it so she does nothing but watch as I take on a couple guys. And then...the hearthstone works and she gets back to Tarren Mill.

But it's okay, right? I can handle a couple dorks! And I did. Then a summoner summoned another guy, another elemental came by and two more casters came by - and then 2 more elementals came by. I managed to kill 6 of the 8 (not bad for a 34 against multiple 36s), but I ran out of blessing, my bubble was done and my LoH was done and my pots were done. I died.

While my wife watched in horror and comfort from her safe spot in Tarren Mill.

"Would you like me to run back with you to your body?"

"No, that's okay...just stay all safe and happy in the inn while I fight for my life...AGAIN".

On the flip side, I'm getting a lot better handling multiple guys at once and am actively seeking that out now for a lot of random pulls. The hardest part is maintaining threat on all of the mobs while Carrie RoFs them to death, but I'm practicing on beating on one for a while, then beating on another while maintaining consecrate and other holy spells. Can't wait for holy shield - that'll make it much easier.

One word.

Bubble-Hearth. :P

The Heroics for the Nightbane summon thing are not terribly difficult, since in each case you only need to clear to and kill the first boss. The Shattered Halls portion is made a lot less irritating if you have a rogue who can pick the lock to the first boss' door, allowing you to avoid the sewers.

Sethekk Halls is not so bad except for the mobs that are immune to CC and hit like trucks. A general rule for heroics is that if there are two mobs that stand guard in front of a doorway, they will be immune to CC and hit like trucks.

Nightbane is a beast. Stance dancing for the win.

Sethekk Halls is a joke. Shattered Halls is only hard when you get to the guantlet. Nightbane is....ehh....not too bad.

Archived