GOODKIND XXVIII: Downtime is for Death Choosers!

The Wolf Maid

Well, they aren't in my house (the books were then stored at my grandmother's before I was able to make room for all of them here), so it'd be a bit of a struggle to find them, since apparently this happened over a year or so. The original rats are likely dead...but they may have bred...

In any case, the books themselves are now "safe" all the way across the Atlantic in a province called Vojvodina, where I trust the young woman who has them now will be wise in the ways of keeping rats away from its unholy Tairyness.

I signed on tonight for the first time in several days and was interested to see that yet another Tairy thread had been started. In the two years or so that I've been on this forum I have yet to see anyone start an "I love Terry Goodkind" thread. Nor have I ever heard of it happening. I wonder why that is *wink*. Anyhoo, I'll try to be around more often now, things have been hectic here in my real life, but word of a lull in Tairy-bashing has awakened my ire. Though my spirit struggles with the knowledge that Confessor will be out in two months, I persevere. In my darkest moments I know that you, my fellow lemmings, are hard at work choosing life (or death, as the case may be. It's often hard to tell what we're doing). And this gives me hope.

I could start an "I luv Tairy" thread if you want.

Somehow I think it would lack authenticity. What I would like to see is a true die hard Tairy fan start a thread and defend that shit. That would be something to see.

Somehow I think it would lack authenticity. What I would like to see is a true die hard Tairy fan start a thread and defend that shit. That would be something to see.

Wonder if Mxxxxr allows his underlings to post here. And Moose a thread like this would go down in flames and charred trolls faster then food through a chicken.

Wonder if Mxxxxr allows his underlings to post here. And Moose a thread like this would go down in flames and charred trolls faster then food through a chicken.

I've seen some of the Yeardites around before. I could create an alt using one of their names and start the "Tairy Lurv" thread.

And what will keep you from complete nervous breakdown? You spent waaaaaay too much time around Dostoevsky. If I remember correctly all of his characters could use hospitalization, so be careful there when you imitate the Yeard faithfuls.

That's the best part: I'm arleady insane, how much more damage could I possibly do?

You want an 'I love tairy' thread? Fine.

First, I'll reveal myself as Tairy's astral wife. That's right, we're married in the astral plane, never mind that woman named Jerri. She doesn't mean a damn thing. Tairy loves me best (and that's not because I love being tied up and have big boobies), and what we have is true, pure love, as white and pure as a Mother Confessor's dress. You're just all jealous and you just don't get the bond that we have --

*brain explodes*

I'm sorry, MM. Can't do it, my brain cells can't take it; they more or less immediately commit suicide.

(by the way, I do wish happiness for Terry and his wife. :D May they have many happy years together)

Y'know, if one of us was a kickass artist we could do a webcomic based on Goodkind. Yeah, there's one out there already, but that one changes all the names and situations. We could be a lot more direct and funny.

Hrmm...webcomic goodness along the lines of 8-Bit Theater? Sounds entertaining...

And as for what WM confesses above, I think she just wants to be tied up to have the rats gnaw around her "on the ropes" ;)

Y'know, if one of us was a kickass artist we could do a webcomic based on Goodkind. Yeah, there's one out there already, but that one changes all the names and situations. We could be a lot more direct and funny.

How about Zak? Or would that be too much for him? Or Zap, perhaps?

And as for what WM confesses above, I think she just wants to be tied up to have the rats gnaw around her "on the ropes" ;)

...stop reading my mind, DF.

In case anyone's interested, the release date of Confessor is November 13, which is a Tuesday, I think.

In case anyone's interested, the release date of Confessor is November 13, which is a Tuesday, I think.

Hmm, exactly one week after my birthday. At least 35 wont be ruined and I'll have some time to recover before diving into that hell.

How about Zak? Or would that be too much for him? Or Zap, perhaps?

...stop reading my mind, DF.

Haw haw. I like you guys too much to subject you to an entire Terry Goodkind webcomic chock full of my sub-kindergarten level art. Besides, most of my spare doodling time is being taken up working on my opus, "Seagal at 20,000 Feet."

However I've been working on my Goodkind/Lovecraft parody "At the Yeards of Madness," for ages now and its gotten to the point where I've done a few crude sketches of how I imagined the Yearded Ones to look. If I ever finish "At the Yeards of Madness," I'll post those sketches as well. But don't hold your breath- my attempts to imitate Lovecraft's writing style is proving to be maddeningly difficult. It will be a long time yet before I finish it.

It will be a long time yet before I finish it.

Ah, yes, our half-finished parodies.

I have a drawer full of paragraphs that I fondle from time to time. Ikurei Richard and Kellhus on a royal barge, passing Richard's latest work: a huge statue of himself. Kellhus then launches a smothering critique of Objectivism, revealing to Richard that his insistence on displaying the nobility of the Human Spirit is born out of weakness, namely the inability to deal with the truth. This, naturally reduces Richard to tears, he falls to his knees and weeps. During this conversation, the barge is attacked by archers, so Kellhus and Richard pluck arrows from the air all the time.

But it's really hard to write.

Archived