Limited Edition Prints

Ran

I just ordered Jon Snow and Ned Stark prints, as well as a calendar today. Do you think I should expect these to ship soon (aka this month) or should I just be prepared to wait for years? :rolleyes:

A brief, general note:

No one should be uploading copyrighted material for others to get without permission of the copyright holder. Please don't ask anyone to do that here.

I was actually asking for Dabel Bros to provide me with the wallpaper and a fresh copy of A Dance With Dragons.....barring that - copright infringement be damned!!!

I just ordered Jon Snow and Ned Stark prints, as well as a calendar today. Do you think I should expect these to ship soon (aka this month) or should I just be prepared to wait for years? :rolleyes:

I ordered prints when they were first added to the dbpro store and have recieved nothing but silence from them. I'd be prepared to wait or recieve nothing at all.

This is getting frustrating indeed. Has anyone actually received their Jon Snow print? I know several other people who also ordered Jon Snow prints. They received email confirmation that their orders had shipped on Dec 18th just like me. They have also yet to receive them. I have emailed DB without a response and have also tried this number and all you get is voicemail.

Why did they send out emails confirming shipment of Jon Snow prints if they didn't actually ship? Also, the original order shows UPS ground, the shipment confirmation email shows UPS ground, but the order status page now shows USPS (US Postal Svc) ground. They should at least address these discrepancies with some kind of feedback, especially if the orders have yet to actually ship. :tantrum:

Wow......now I am getting worried. I only placed my order a week or two ago, but it seems like I will be waiting a long time if everyone else's experiences are what is commonplace with this company. I am thinking that maybe I shouldn't have even bothered, which is very sad because why should I feel guilty for wanting and ordering such lovely prints? Its not like there is ANY other place that makes such nice ASoIaF prints in poster size like that. I don't understand why its taking so long and why there is no communication. Being that they are only one of very few companies who provides merchandise to GRRM's fans, they should really take more care in their customer service practices. :(

Got a package from Dabel Bros today and the first thing I thought is that it is way too small for the print.

I was right --they sent a calendar but no print. The calendar looks great but it was not what I ordered. I guess I'll try to contact customer service tomorrow. As an optimist I will point out that I did receive something and I know they haven't forgotten me. Maybe a bit more tweaking and I will get the right thing...

The last print I ordered from the Dabels was a Hedge Knight poster back in, oh, 2004 or so. I received the print about eleven months later, having forgotten all about it.

But hey, when it DID arrive there were two instead of one. That is a plus, I suppose.

It really is too bad that such excellent ASoIaF products are made by a struggling company who simply ignores customers when problems arrise. :( Still waiting on my Jon Snow and Eddard prints now. I think I've learned my lesson.

Les Dabel finally responded to my email. They are apparently aware of the issues. All you can really do is be patient and wait it out. I'm going to chalk this up to a small business handling a lot of requests by hand. Ultimately, I am satisfied as long as I receive the quality product I purchased. They make great stuff, I just wish they had the capability for quicker order support.

• 2 weeks later...

Well for what it's worth, I ordered the Ned and Sansa prints when they were announced and got them quickly, all the way to Norway.

Still waiting for the calendar though, I have received a shipment confirmation email but that is it.

Was told that both my prints shipped 18-December, still nothing. Sent some emails today.

I don't see why George keeps doing business with these folks.

The real question is why anyone else is still sending D.B. any money. I'm sure you sent them money when no one knew they would pull this crap but I have seen some post that they would still do biz with D.B. If we all stop sending them money they will go Bye-Bye and GRRM will find a better company to partner with.

The real question is why anyone else is still sending D.B. any money. I'm sure you sent them money when no one knew they would pull this crap but I have seen some post that they would still do biz with D.B. If we all stop sending them money they will go Bye-Bye and GRRM will find a better company to partner with.

I put in an order some two weeks ago, ordering the stuff before I read all the posts about them. Last week I sent Les an email about my order, and he said I should be getting it this week. So, assuming I get it today or early next week, I'd say their business practices have turned around a little.

It's all a matter of perspective, too. I mean, they make a good product. For some people, it's worth the wait. For others, they got their stuff in a timely manner, and they have no reason not to do business with them again. There's also always the hope that they'll do better next time, and it won't be quite so bad. Because, ya know, I don't think the Dabel Brothers enjoyed all the fallout they got about these calenders, and their late shipping practices, and will do better just to avoid that again.

Plus, this seems to be a bit of a side venture for them. I don't think us boycotting their products will put them out of business.

Well I ordered my Jon Snow print two months ago. I got a "item shipped" email six weeks ago but have received nothing. I've yet to get an email back, I try about once a week. It's disgusting. I have friends that are just hoping that they can receive the calendars they ordered last year, sometime before the second month of the calendar itself has passed...

My current situation is... no calendar, no shipping confirmation (though I ordered back in September), no reply to the email I sent on January 19th, nothing. Guess they don't give a damn about stiffing a Canuck.

Two questions, I guess...

1: Is the Sansa Stark print still available anywhere? I don't see it on their site.

2: Even if it is available, is it worth it to order from them considering all the horror stories I've been reading in this thread?

Archived