Are they dead?

Ser Spidey

Sandor only has one, but he's really BIG. Not to mention being dead already.

I cant imagine Sandor living throughout the series, much as I hate to admit it. I think he will fight Gregor and win but will die by some wounds inflicted by Mega Gregor. That little old lady on High Heart mentions something about Sansa defeating a giant right? I wonder if that is a foreshadowing of Gregor..

I cant imagine Sandor living throughout the series, much as I hate to admit it. I think he will fight Gregor and win but will die by some wounds inflicted by Mega Gregor. That little old lady on High Heart mentions something about Sansa defeating a giant right? I wonder if that is a foreshadowing of Gregor..

I'm fairly certain that was in refernce to Robert's doll that she tore apart.

On the other hand, the actual arms of the Baelish family is not a mockingbird, but rather the Titan of Braavos...

And the debate begins again...

My opinion is that they are both foreshadowing the same event that has yet to take place where Sansa destroys Littlefinger, probably at Winterfell. (although I have to say that all seems pretty obvious for GRRM)

Well thats anti-climactic!

You could also argue that Sansa standing at the wedding is an anti-climatic fulfillment of the "maid with serpents in her hair" prophesy. But it isn't Sansa standing there that is important, it is The Purple Wedding as a whole and her involvement via the hairnet.

Similarly, it isn't the act of ripping the dolls head off that is important, it is the scene as a whole. LF and Sansa bond while building the castle. LF kisses Sansa, Lysa sees and is angry. This is a massive scene which leads to LF pushing Lysa out the moon door, which Sansa is also implicated in.

The Ghost of High Heart sees snippets of important events. The snippet is often anti-climatic, but the event is not.

After I finished A feast for Crows, I noticed there were a lot of missing bodies -- a device I hope GRRM doesn't use too often in his storytelling. Sandor, of course, was easy to identify as being in the monastery. Whether he has turned to a life of contemplation and prayer or is simply hiding out remains to be seen. What I was most curious about, however, was who was the abbot or head monk at the monastery in the Saltpans. This knight who was washed up after the battle of the Trident and remained silent for years.

So, has anyone ever read anything on how Prince Rhaeger perished at the battle of the Trident?! Was his body found and identified? Did any fearsome knight of the time brag that they had killed the prince(or did too many brag about this)?

I wonder if we will read something of this effect in a future novel.

Out of the mists of the Saltpans a banner not seen in many a year is borne by a knight who is not a knight. Rumour spreads of a prince long thought dead but much beloved once again is amongst the living. The common folk, having suffered years of ceaseless misrule, anarchy and warring, flok to him filled with hope that wrongs will be righted and the return of peace -- the excesses of King Aerys now having been long forgotten.

The third head of the dragon has appeared.

Any thoughts, or is this too crazy?

Who is Jon Connington? I can vaguely remember the name from the books but can't recall who he is.

Jon Connington actually was mentioned many times thought the books. Too many times to be just some dead person.

He was dear friend of Prince Rhaegar probably the closest after Arthur Dayne.

He was a known knight by his own right and since praise came from Selmy this mean that Connington was a very good fighter indeed.

He was appointed hand after Merryweather failed to contain rebellion and Jaime called this appointment the best thing Aerys could do in Rhaegar’s absence. So Connington lacked no ability as leader and general.

He confirmed it by causing o rebels of lot of troubles and nearly defeating and catching Robert himself until Connington was defeated at the Battle of Bells stripped of all titles and possessions by Aerys and sent penniless to exile where he supposedly soon drunk himself to death.

Among other places Connington is also mentions in Mira Reed story about Harenhall tourney as the Lord of Griffins.

So if you will combine all the information about him you will end with a very formidable person particularly if he faked his death.

So, has anyone ever read anything on how Prince Rhaeger perished at the battle of the Trident?! Was his body found and identified? Did any fearsome knight of the time brag that they had killed the prince(or did too many brag about this)?
Yeah, there was a guy who claimed to have killed Rhaegar, but he died several years later. Story was, this guy beat Rhaegar with a hammer and knocked all those rubies off his armor into the river. Not very believable if you ask me -- a war hammer against Rhaegar's dragonsteel sword? Plus, the guy who claimed he did it was a fat drunk.

I'm convinced: long live Rhaegar I, first of his name!

Yeah, there was a guy who claimed to have killed Rhaegar, but he died several years later. Story was, this guy beat Rhaegar with a hammer and knocked all those rubies off his armor into the river. Not very believable if you ask me -- a war hammer against Rhaegar's dragonsteel sword? Plus, the guy who claimed he did it was a fat drunk.

I'm convinced: long live Rhaegar I, first of his name!

Good answer, good answer...

• 5 years later...

Archived