Are they dead?

Ser Spidey

There are much characters we didn't see die, but just heard about it.

Sandor is one of them.

Gregor also, assuming he was just healed, and not being UnGregor.

Syrio could be alive. Not that I believe it, but there is possibility.

Benjen, if he's not Coldhands.

Loras could be unburned, in which case Margaery is a great actress. (Tyrell conspiracy)

I heard there is a Davos POV as a preview to ADWD. Never read it, but I always thought that Manderly couldn't kill him.

I expect at least one 'miracoulus ressurection'. What do you think of the guys listed, and can you think of anyone else?

My first topic, hope you like it.

So basically characters we never saw the corpse or where the corpse could be someone else?

we also had theories on:

• Aegon
  • Ashara Dayne
  • Tyrek Lannister
  • Gerion Lannister
  • Tysha
  • Raynald Westerling
  • Ned (cough, yeah, Faceless men power, fun)
  • Arthur Dayne

So basically characters we never saw the corpse or where the corpse could be someone else?

we also had theories on:

• Aegon
  • Ashara Dayne
  • Tyrek Lannister
  • Gerion Lannister
  • Tysha
  • Raynald Westerling
  • Ned (cough, yeah, Faceless men power, fun)
  • Arthur Dayne

We actually saw Ned die, and I can't imagine Dayne hiding for 14 years. Ned also dreams about digging eight graves, one for Arthur.

Tysha is not supposed to be dead (wherever the whores go), and I don't think Raynald is important enough.

Almost forgot Gerion. Even if dead, he could had done something that will effect the story. He, and Sandor, are my favourites here.

Do you have theories on how could these cheracters effect the future plot, if alive?

Ned is dead. It is known.

Syrio is a faceless man at the Ctadel, going by the name of Pate, "Like the pig boy". It is known.

We will learn the fate of Gerion Lannister here soon I believe.

Baby Aegon is posing as Quentin, I believe.

Tyrek is now in the Vale I believe.

Arthur Dayne is dead. For along time now. So is his sister.

Sandor is one of them. The Hound probably is dead, Sandor will live

Gregor also, assuming he was just healed, and not being UnGregor. Dead or deadish

Syrio could be alive. Not that I believe it, but there is possibility. Dead

Benjen, if he's not Coldhands. Dead

Loras could be unburned, in which case Margaery is a great actress. (Tyrell conspiracy) Loras is alive, at least at the start of the next book

Ned - technically we the reader did not see him die, but he be dead.

Frog Eater - if baby Aegon is alive, would he actually be posing as Quentin, or would he really be Quentin, meaning he might not know any different.

Frog Eater - if baby Aegon is alive, would he actually be posing as Quentin, or would he really be Quentin, meaning he might not know any different.

Didn't Sansa watch him executed? We hear it (Arya), we see it (Sansa), we hear about it (the people of KL, Joffrey), we smell it (Sansa and Tyrion on the Red Keep's ramparts), we even touch it (the Silent sisters). We may not have tasted it but I think we have enough evidence already.

Aegon is Moon Boy. It is known. That is the explanation for the strange attraction between him and Cercei.

Quentyn not knowing that he's actually Aegon? That would be very interesting. Supposedly there's a hint to this or something similar considering Arianne's thoughts when Doran tells her what he plans to do and what he had planned earlier.

Didn't Sansa watch him executed? We hear it (Arya), we see it (Sansa), we hear about it (the people of KL, Joffrey), we smell it (Sansa and Tyrion on the Red Keep's ramparts), we even touch it (the Silent sisters). We may not have tasted it but I think we have enough evidence already.

Aegon is Moon Boy. It is known. That is the explanation for the strange attraction between him and Cercei.

Well, I absolutely think Ned was executed and would be disappointed if somehow there was a comeback, but based on what was seen - Arya heard a head get taken off, Sansa & Tyrion do not see/smell his face but a tar covered mass; and the Silent Sisters are returning bones that can not necessarily be ID'd as Ned. The one I can't remember is if Sansa actually saw her father and recognized him or if she saw a man that had been taken from the cells.

Again, I do believe he was killed on the steps, but I think there is a slight opening in which they might have done a switch.

Well, I absolutely think Ned was executed and would be disappointed if somehow there was a comeback, but based on what was seen - Arya heard a head get taken off, Sansa & Tyrion do not see/smell his face but a tar covered mass; and the Silent Sisters are returning bones that can not necessarily be ID'd as Ned. The one I can't remember is if Sansa actually saw her father and recognized him or if she saw a man that had been taken from the cells.

Again, I do believe he was killed on the steps, but I think there is a slight opening in which they might have done a switch.

Sansa watches the execution. There's no black brother to turn her head away. She remembers how his legs twitched when Illyn cut his head off. And both Arya and Sansa recognize the man who confesses to being a traitor and then executed as their father.

Sandor - alive as the gravedigger

Gregor - He is QyburnStein. Don't know if that is alive or dead.

Syrio - DEAD! ... alright maybe not, but he is not Jaqen

Benjen - Alive. He was not in Theon's dream of all the dead or soon to be dead Starks

Loras - Alive. Burned but will survive.

Davos - Alive at beginning of ADWD. Dead at end.

Aegon VI - Dead but

SPOILER: ADWD
We will see a fake one in the form of Young Griff

Ashara Dayne - Dead unless a crackpot theory is true in which case Aegon VI is alive as well as her.

Tyrek - No idea.

Gerion Lannister - Dead but some of what he did may have repercussions in the future books.

Tysha - Alive but we may never see her.

Raynald Westerling - Dead.

Ned - Dead, confirmed by GRRM.

Arthur Dayne - Dead, buried by Ned.

Jon Connington - Alive and

SPOILER: ADWD
posing as Griff

I am moving this to AFFC as it speculates on future books.

Ned is dead. It is known.

Syrio is a faceless man at the Ctadel, going by the name of Pate, "Like the pig boy". It is known.

We will learn the fate of Gerion Lannister here soon I believe.

Baby Aegon is posing as Quentin, I believe.

Tyrek is now in the Vale I believe.

Arthur Dayne is dead. For along time now. So is his sister.

I don't buy the 'Syrio=Jaqen=Alchemist=Pate' theory, for many reasons discussed in various other threads.

Seems almost certain we'll find out about Gerion in ADWD, most likely through the Golden Co.

If Q=Ae, then Doran didn't know, because of his plot to marry Arianne to Viserys and put him on the throne. If he had Aegon (the true heir, as firstborn son of Rhaegar) and knew it, it wouldn't make any sense to go for Viserys.

Could be Tyrek, though who would hide him away and why, I don't know.

Agreed, Arthur D is dead and buried.

It is true, however that Ashara's body was never found. An interesting parallel is Balon Greyjoy, who fell/was thrown off a rope bridge into the sea, and his body washed up a few days later. If Ashara was to appear later in the series, though, I don't see the point.

EDIT: It does seem clear that Jaqen=Alchemist=Pate, however

i hope syrio is dead. he was a great character in the obi wan (mentor) way. if he is alive that whole scene loses so much umph, drama and pathos.

davos is one of the few "good" people in westros. i like him but look what happened to ned. he was a "good" person too. " Neds dead baby. Neds dead"

tyrek's mortal remains i expect to be spread around the place either in peoples intestines or refuse piles in flea bottom. if memory serves he vanished during the riots at famine time when Myrcella was sent to dorne? if so id expect him to be used in the soup kitchens.

hope sandor and ben alive or at least manner of death comes to light.

gregor proberbly turned into ungregor. pity as his slow death at the hands of the Viper was just sweet. quality scene great character arcs. sublime.

If Q=Ae, then Doran didn't know, because of his plot to marry Arianne to Viserys and put him on the throne. If he had Aegon (the true heir, as firstborn son of Rhaegar) and knew it, it wouldn't make any sense to go for Viserys.

This is true. And it dampens my whole private theory on the future of the Iron Throne. Damnit.

Sandor is one of them.

Gregor also, assuming he was just healed, and not being UnGregor.

Syrio could be alive. Not that I believe it, but there is possibility.

Benjen, if he's not Coldhands.

Loras could be unburned, in which case Margaery is a great actress. (Tyrell conspiracy)

I heard there is a Davos POV as a preview to ADWD. Never read it, but I always thought that Manderly couldn't kill him.

I expect at least one 'miracoulus ressurection'. What do you think of the guys listed, and can you think of anyone else?

My first topic, hope you like it.

Gerion is mentioned so many times in passing, he must have played some type of role in the books or going to.

Tyrek, I don't really know the significance of him being dead or alive, except to tell of the death of the late King Robert Baratheon I and grisly details. Otherwise, Tyrek didn't/hasn't done much to deseve so much attention. Except that Tywin wants to find him as a "lost nephew".

Ashara's death seem so contrived. There is something missing in her death. Yeah, Arthur Dayne died, but it was her brother. As much as she migth have loved her brother, I doubt it should push her over the edge to commit suicide. Ned got married to another woman of a Great House. As it happens with nobility. Ashara is a noble woman and should know you can't always marry the one you love. I don't see anything that really propel her to commit suicide. Her body is not found, nothing is really known except she threw herself out of the tower into the ocean. It just doesn't quite add up for me.

Bejen is probably alive doing something. If not, maybe a wight, aka the head honcho of wights. No idea, but I feel Benjen has knowledge or information to bestow upon a living character before he finally trully disappear. Either he is a wight and forces Jon to kill him, make Jon a stronger leader. Or alive to tell some important information to the NW or some lord.

Ashara's death seem so contrived. There is something missing in her death. Yeah, Arthur Dayne died, but it was her brother. As much as she migth have loved her brother, I doubt it should push her over the edge to commit suicide. Ned got married to another woman of a Great House. As it happens with nobility. Ashara is a noble woman and should know you can't always marry the one you love. I don't see anything that really propel her to commit suicide. Her body is not found, nothing is really known except she threw herself out of the tower into the ocean. It just doesn't quite add up for me.

I agree. Very very sketchy. It would be awesome if Ashara was still alive and in hiding. If she is indeed dead, I do hope that Martin gives us more details. To me, Ashara's sudden suicide is one of the more perplexing parts of the entire Lyanna/TowerofJoy/Jon's parentage mystery.

Archived