NFL Playoffs

Space Bandito

I've never seen Pittsburgh so pessimistic about the Steelers chances in a playoff game as I have this week. I understand the reasons and I'm not as optimistic as I usually would be but its really weird this week.

I've never seen Pittsburgh so pessimistic about the Steelers chances in a playoff game as I have this week. I understand the reasons and I'm not as optimistic as I usually would be but its really weird this week.

i think we were pretty pessimistic in 2005 as well though.

We can't win on the road.

we can't beat the colts.

We can't beat the bronco's.....

Anything can happen. the problem is, this team just isn't that good, doesn't seem that well coached, lacks an identity, and injuries at key positions have really, really hurt us due to lack of depth.

i think we were pretty pessimistic in 2005 as well though.

We can't win on the road.

we can't beat the colts.

We can't beat the bronco's.....

Anything can happen. the problem is, this team just isn't that good, doesn't seem that well coached, lacks an identity, and injuries at key positions have really, really hurt us due to lack of depth.

its way worse and obviously with good reason. on talk shows people are talking about not even going especially since the weather will be bad...that never happens here.

i disagree about 2005. the team that scared me then was cinci...until palmer went down. i thought they could beat indy by running it at them all game and of course they did the exact opposite and won that way. denver even if we couldn't beat them jake would've choked and given it to us. plus the team was peaking at the right time.

on the other hand if they would pull it off tomorrow, people will be insane for the next one. i'm still gonna be very cautiously optimistic

its way worse and obviously with good reason. on talk shows people are talking about not even going especially since the weather will be bad...that never happens here.

i disagree about 2005. the team that scared me then was cinci...until palmer went down. i thought they could beat indy by running it at them all game and of course they did the exact opposite and won that way. denver even if we couldn't beat them jake would've choked and given it to us.

Add cincy to the list we were pessimistic about.

;)

plus the team was peaking at the right time.

yes, but we didn't know that was what was happening then.....

on the other hand if they would pull it off tomorrow, people will be insane for the next one. i'm still gonna be very cautiously optimistic

I'm actually somewhat optimistic against the jags, and then i think we're done......

but we'll see.

The "win it for Sean Taylor" storyline was nice and all

Final score, Seahawks by 21. (My dad pointed this out to me.) I've said it before and I'll say it again: reducing a murdered colleague to a football cheer cheapens the living and the dead.

I'm not saying don't think about your colleague when you're out there. But "win it for Sean Taylor"? Feh.

The "win it for Shawn Taylor" storyline was nice and all, but winning in Seattle is a tall order for any team... Trufant with the pick for the TD and its over for the Skins...

Was "nice and all"? You understand this was the impetus behind the four game win streak. The one that made them the hottest team in the NFC. By the end of the season they didn't have the horses, but they had emotion and that was enough. But against a good team on the road in the most hostile stadium in the league, you need more than that. Still was enough to scare the bejesus out of the 70,000 in Qwest Field when the momentum turned like it did in the fourth quarter.

Story of the game was the excellent Seahawks D-line. They're good as is and twice as dangerous at home when the opposing O-line can't hear the signals. They ate the Skins O-line alive. Trufant made the glory plays, but it was the D-line that won 'em the game. Was very impressed by the Seawawks defense. They can flat out play and have stars at each level. Todd Collins played decently at times but in the end he just wasn't good enough to win this kind of game, didn't have the arm strength to play effectively in the wind.

Just annoyed at those last two pick sixes which make it look like a blowout when in reality it was a pick 'em game most of the way through the fourth quarter.

Still a heckuva run and I'm proud of the Skins. They ran out of gas in Seattle, just like they did in '05, but have a lot to look forward to next season when all the guys lost for the season (6 key starters by my count) outside of #21 coming back.

As for Seattle I'd say they got a shot in Green Bay but it's going to be tough and I wouldn't bet on 'em.

Final score, Seahawks by 21. (My dad pointed this out to me.) I've said it before and I'll say it again: reducing a murdered colleague to a football cheer cheapens the living and the dead.

I'm not saying don't think about your colleague when you're out there. But "win it for Sean Taylor"? Feh.

Are you serious?

Would it have been a better tribute to roll over and die in the last four games? They played their hearts out to make the playoffs despite having to play reserves at key positions all over the field. Not bad for a team with supposedly no depth. They out-physicalled notoriously physical teams. They were doing it off sheer effort. It was heckuva tribute to play like they did for one guy who always played hard and always played physical.

ETA And it's ridiculously insulting to say that the team has reduced his death to a football cheer. You know nothing of what went on here. What I mean is, it was Pedro Taylor's (Sean Taylor's dad) request to win the rest of the games for his son. Jackie Garcia (Sean Taylor's fiancee) also strongly wanted this to happen. This team was not using his death as a prop. If you'd seen the emotion on guys faces, heard how they talked about the man, you'd know what his death meant to guys on this team. And you'd know why they were so fervent about winning for Sean. They can't bring him back, they can't do anything to help him (although Dan Snyder did a lot to help his baby daughter), but they can play hard for a fallen teammate. That's the one thing they can control. That's the one thing they can do. To say it cheapens his death to want to dedicate the season to him, really I don't know how to help you. I don't know what you'd expect or want.

Only caught that last quarter and for a while there the Seahawks looked like a bunch of chumps, but somehow the Skins managed to fuck it all up. Had they got that field goal things might have been different, but this is Collins and it was only a matter of time for them to screw up.

Only caught that last quarter and for a while there the Seahawks looked like a bunch of chumps, but somehow the Skins managed to fuck it all up. Had they got that field goal things might have been different, but this is Collins and it was only a matter of time for them to screw up.

Suisham's miss was inexcusable. Seemed like everything went wrong when Collins and Sellers starting bitching at each other. For a team that had come back from 13 points down and were on the verge of taking an 8 point lead that kinda discord seemed totally out of place. Not sure what went on there.

Archived