Feelgood moments?

The Alchemist

"Is there gold hidden in the village?" she shouted as she drove the blade up through his back. "Is there silver? Gems?" She stabbed twice more. "Is there food? Where is Lord Beric?" She was on top of him by then, still stabbing. "Where did he go? How many men were with him? How many knights? How many bowmen? How many, how many, how many, how many, how many, how many? Is there any gold in the village?"

"When he opened the door, the light from within threw his shadow clear across the yard, and just for a moment Tyrion Lannister stood tall as a king"

Tyrion killing Tywin

Jon seeing Ghost again after being seperated from him

Cersei being caught by the faith

Viserys finally getting crowned

Syrio defending Arya

Any scene where anyone at all is happy for any reason. It's just so rare.

Haha are people mixing up feelgood moments with enjoyable moments?

Are they the same thing? I loved when Cersei got caught but I would never qualify that or many of the other moments listed in previous posts as feelgood moments.

"Don't tell Sansa!" There was such genuine love and humor in that moment, and such an understanding of Sansa's character by Jon and Arya.

I also really had a feel good moment when Arya apologized to Lady Smallwood for ripping the dress. I don't know why it made me happy inside, but there's just something so....real about that moment. Love it. Arya's not completely ruined yet, and you feel a small moment of hope, I suppose....

When Tyrion comes to King's Landing as Hand, Cersei initially is upset and angry, but when Tyrion promises her that he'll do a good job, and more importantly, get Jaime back, she is genuinely joyful. IIRC, she even hugs Tyrion. Never thought Cersei could produce a feelgood moment.

- When Dunk got six knights to fight along his side (epic!)

- When Dunk asks how much does his armour cost and the blacksmith replies: "for You, a penny" (or something like that)

- When Dunk realizes that all these spectators want him to win

I like when King Tommen is describing the antics of "Sir Pounce" and "Lady Whiskers" during breakfast to Cersei.

If only he'd been born before Joff...

Everyone in the books seem to think that Joff became Joff because of Cersei's attention to him, and there is actual concern voiced by characters within the books that if they don't get Tommen away from her that he will become another Joff.

Everyone in the books seem to think that Joff became Joff because of Cersei's attention to him, and there is actual concern voiced by characters within the books that if they don't get Tommen away from her that he will become another Joff.

Good point, but how old was Joff when he cut the kittens out of the mother cat? I think the boy was naturally bad as Tommen seems to be just the opposite.

third on the Tickler ending and Jon and Arya moments.

Oh and when the Hound rode back and saved Sansa in KL.

Also when Tyrion rode out on a sortie to save KL.

Tommen will never be a Joff.

He won't with Margery around. But what if Cersei won, and Margery bit it, and she raised Tommen and he hated her guts for his entire youth and was twisted by it. You know after Marge the next thing to go would be the kittens.

So, ya would never be Joff, but maybe Joff-like, which would be bad enough.

Oh edit, the other feelgood moment I loved was when Joff was lipping of Tywin and Tyrion was so amused by it, that was funny.

I also really had a feel good moment when Arya apologized to Lady Smallwood for ripping the dress. I don't know why it made me happy inside, but there's just something so....real about that moment. Love it. Arya's not completely ruined yet, and you feel a small moment of hope, I suppose....

She's not ruined, no.

I would add to it...the private moment of Eddar Stark and Arya, when he allowed her to keep the Needle. Ned might have behaved foolishly but he was a perfect father for his little daughter.

The moment when Arya recognizes the former Winterfell men in the inn and tells them who she is. It was as if she found her home at last and the reaction of Hot Pie was just priceless.

Cersei being jailed by the High Septon.

Jaime returning for Brienne and saving her from that bear - one moment when he knew how a knight should have behaved.

Sansa sculpting Winterfell from snow (before Littlefinger came).

Most of my feel good moments are for obvious reasons to do with the Starks.

When Stannis named Davos Hand of the King is I think the first I started liking Stannis.

When Dany woke the dragons -- the beautiful last line of AGOT.

When Ghost returned to Jon and he chose the Black.

When Stannis appeared just as Jon was going to try to kill Mance Rayder.

Tyrion and Jon during the trip to the wall and then on it. For some reason, I could totally buy these two being friends, and you could just tell that these two, a dwarf and bastard, were going to be bigger and more important than most of the nobles and knights in the realm.

Drogo killing Viserys.

Joffrey choking.

Davos being made hand.

Ghost padding up to Jon after he had gone missing for so long when Jon made it back to the wall.

Podrick Payne saving Tyrion's life.

Jeyne refusing to give up her crown in AFFC, and her uncle (was it her uncle?) or whoever that was, who took arrows to the chest and still got grey wind free before diving into the river (damn i hope that dude is alive).

Tyrion killing Tywin.

Jaime throwing the letter in the fire.

Archived