Feelgood moments?

The Alchemist

Can i vote for a moment that almost happened? The morning after Arya dreams her mother dead in the river, the Hound says to her "listen, this thing about your mother..." and she cuts him off and says she knows already, and the Hound gives her a real look. I always get the feeling the Hound was about to talk to her rather than at her, maybe even show some humanity. Also, although very short moment, when Ned touches Cerseis cheek and asks if Robert hits her often. I wonder if he is thinking if Lyanna might have suffered the same way eventually when Robert fell into his old ways. Anyway theres a tenderness there i never see him share with his wife, who i personally think is a hateful, arrogant, bitch. And i don't really like her either.

The scenes between Jon and Arya. You could just feel the love between those two.

Every scene with the Stark kids and their wolves.

When the dragon's eggs hatched and Dany's unscathed from the fire.

Tyrion's confrontation with Cersei after Alyaya (sp?).

When Ned tells Arya about wolves and the pack.

and more stuff I can't remember

Most of my feelgood moments happen in AGOT before the conflict starts:

Sansa: "By your extreme youth, you can only be Renly Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End and councillor to the king, and so I name you".

Ser Barristan chuckled. "by his extreme youth, he can only be a prancing jackanapes, and so I name him".

There was general laughter , led by Lord Renly himself.

The banter between Renly and Barristan really made me smile and i was shocked but happy when Barristan joined up with Deanerys!

My second one is also my favourate and still makes me smile:

"Thorne's black eyes fixed on Tyrion with loathing. "You have a bold tongue for someone who is less than half a man. Perhaps you and I should visit the yard together."

"Why?" asked Tyrion. "The crabs are here"

The remark brought more guffaws from the others. Ser Alliser stood up, his mouth a tight line. "Come and make your japes with steel in your hand."

Tyrion looked pointedly at his right hand. "Why, I have steel in my hand, Ser Alliser, although it appears to be a crab fork. Shall we duel?" He hopped up on his chair and began poking at Thorne's chest with the tiny fork. Roars of laughter filled the tower room. Bits of crab flew from the Lord Commander's mouth as he began to gasp and choke. Even his raven joined in, cawing loudly from above the window. "Duel! Duel! Duel!"

Ser Alliser Thorne walked from the room so stiffly it looked as though he had a dagger up his butt.

Classic moment

A great moment that really warmed my heart was when Jaime threw Cersei's note into the fire. That was pure joy injected into one chapter.

The most shocking moment, though, for me, was when Petyr told Sansa that if she accidentally makes people know about Lysa's death, he'll kill them, and then he says "You don't want more blood on your hands, do you?" It is really horrifying. My heart went out to Sansa.

When Sansa escaped KL and thought she was going home especialy the scene were she musters all her courage to descend the cliff, thats a feelgood moment of course it was cut short when Petyr devised the whole thing.

Shagwell being Shagwell in ACOK always brought a smile to my face

When Jaime comes back for Brienne, definitely.

When Gendry stands with Arya against the outlaws, and when he says she's his sister to protect her from the patron at the Peach

When Bran wakes up

I think I'm probably the only one who found the Red Wedding to be an almost feelgood moment right? Almost feelgood because Dacey Mormont died as well. That was probably my favorite scene in the entire series.

Another that instead turned sour was when Ramsey is let in by Theon who thinks he's victorious for a brief moment before that joy turns to ash. Poor guy

My favorite moments are when Robb became King of the North encouraged by hundreds of his bannermen and when Sam made up the whole plan with the election of Jon as a Lord-Commander of the Night's Watch......I felt pretty damn good :)

When Bran woke up to name Summer - I was so afraid he'd stay in a coma...

When we saw Bran and Rickon in the crypt after Winterfell was razed, such relief...

When Jon realised he really loved Ygritte, in the cave.

When Jaime saved Brienne from the bear - and Tyrion from death.

Dany's first time with Drogo, so touching; their public coupling after the prophecy about their son. And when Dany was found unscathed with the dragons feeding at her breast.

When Arianne was galloping in the desert together with her friends and lover, on her way to become a Queenmaker.

When Asha was uncovered as Theon's sister upon their arrival to the castle, and he was sooo embarrassed.

When Sansa was helped onto her escape boat.

Finally, my best was when Sam and Gilly found Bran, Summer, Hodor and the Reeds - all thought they were saved.

I am a feelgood girl after all, huh?

ETA - When Drogon burned the Eternals and the House of Warlocks was reduced to dust.

And you call yourself Stannis Baratheon ;)

Well, King Stannis is a tragic hero in general and that's why I like him, but he never smiles , so how can I feel really good when destiny is against him ?!

However, maybe his best moment was, when his cavalry smashed the wildling attack against the Wall, but I would describe it as a relief moment, rather than feelgood moment ;)

Tyrion being freed by Jaime; two whole pages of warm fluffy feelings. Then it all fell apart ... sigh ...

I loved that one ,too

And when Bran and Meera and Jojen meet that Little in the mountains and he leaves oat biscuits....

When The Hound kneels before Sansa and wipes the blood off her face, unknowingly stopping her from jumping off the battlements and taking Joffrey with her.

Incidentally, I don't think there's anything at all unknowing about that; Sandor is in some ways trying to act as her protector (and his, as well).

Archived