Feelgood moments?

The Alchemist

when Tywin realizes how totally outsmarted was he by Robb Stark

the ending of ASoS when Merret Frey is hanged

when Tyrion is kidnapped, he thinks they are going to Winterfell and than he realizes they are on way to Vale

when Oberyn says he'll fight for Tyrion

Loras joust against Gregor

When Daeny walks out of the fire and births the Dragons!

When Daeny burns the Slavers of Astapor and overthrows the city with the Unsullied. (I am shocked that only one person mentioned this)

When Jaime is talking to this guy who was once betrothed to Brienne and the guy is insulting Brienne, Jaime without thinking Smacks him down with his golden hand and informs the guy that she is a Lady. Awesome! (Again, I am shocked that noone has mentioned this at all)

I also loved Arya's scenes when she is cussing and living life in the Free Cities.

I loved it when Arya tells the priest that Arya of House Stark killed the deserter from the Wall.

I liked it when Sam lost his viginity.

The biggest one for me was the Storm of Swords Arya chapter that came after the chapter where she was hit in the head with an ax. I was so worried that she was dead, and I was about ready to kill GRRM. So when I saw that she was still alive I was like, "YES!" Definitely a feel good moment for me.

And yeah, I know I should've realized that he wouldn't kill Arya like that, but...I guess I don't have enough faith in him or something. xD

• 2 weeks later...
When Joffrey claws at his own throat and the description of the blood bubbling up between his fingers, it makes me feel all warm inside.

I felt so happy when i read that.

Tyrion killing Tywin

When Dany wins over her Unsullied by "trading" one of her dragons over.

When Littlefinger kills Lysa Tully

and others i cant remember.

When Nymeria and her pack attack the bloody mummers following Arya, Gendry and Hot Pie. I love that we can see it from Nymerias pov.

Jaime helps Brienne in the bear pit.

Theon gets his ass kicked by BoB.

Tywin gets a bolt through his golden belly.

Joffrey croaks.

On one level it's the end of Lysa Arryn. I like to think that shadowcats ate her corpse because if un-Lysa shows up I'll got absolutely off the deep end.

So far for me though, the single best moment is probably when Stannis arrives to smash Mance's host. You kind of end up liking the wildings some, but it's still righteous, and doesn't have a lot of the grim baggage of most of the series, so you can enjoy it more easily. Stannis is doing the right thing for Realm, and his arrival is nicely foreshadowed by Deaf Dick.

Other than that, when Donal Noye gets Jon to realize that the other recruits are his brothers, and changes his attitude around.

There are plenty of moments I'm looking forward to though too. I can't wait to see Arya get reintegrated in the Westeros based story lines, her meeting up again with any of Nymeria, Roose Bolton, Sansa, Jon, Cat, or Bran could all be awesome, for different reasons.

I think I'm probably the only one who found the Red Wedding to be an almost feelgood moment right? Almost feelgood because Dacey Mormont died as well. That was probably my favorite scene in the entire series.

What was so bad about Dacey Mormont?

Tyrion trying to protect Sansa.

Tyrion trying to protect Alalaya.

The QoT and Margaery offering Sansa a life in Highgarden.

Jamie defending Brienne.

(So, basically any time that GRRM lets a character do something nice that they don't strictly have to do.)

Archived