Ball, Ball, Ball, Footie, Footie, Footie

Paddy

I'll go as far as to predict the scores.

Lyon 1 - 2 Man Utd

Arsenal 2 - 0 AC Milan

Fenherbache 1 - 1 Sevilla

Celtic 0 - 2 Barcelona

So, everyone go and put money on the polar opposites of these scorlines and you wont be far wrong. :P

See, I was spot on.

I should definitely take this up as a full time. :leaving:

Lyon-Man Utd will probably produce some goals but no winner

Fenerbahce-Sevilla is very difficult to judge, so I predict another draw

Arsenal-Milan will be a victory for Milan, probably without conceding a goal themselves

Celtic-Barca almost sounds like another draw, but mormont has convinced me that Celtic can win this, so a Celtic victory it'll be

I got one right! I got one right! And Milan didn't concede a goal, so that's almost two out of four, right? :P

I think I am going to abstain from predicting todays UEFA Cup enounters, though from a German perspective neither Bremen nor Hamburg should have a lot of problems and I hope Leverkusen pull through, I like the team they have build up over the past couple of years.

ETA: :stunned: Wow, Leverkusen beating Galatasaray 5-1 (and Galatasaray's goal came from a late and questionable penalty) is certainly not a result I would have anticipated. Great game by Leverkusen, I particularly liked the 2-0 by Kießling, I'll have to try to find it on youtube later on.

Nobody else interested in the UEFA Cup? Nürnberg were cruelly knocked out by a late goal yesterday (well, two actually, but the first one was decisive) after leading Benfica 2-0 up to the 90th minute.

Four Bundesliga teams in the last 16, I think that's more than any other league, not too shabby. And either Leverkusen or Hamburg are guaranteed to go to the quarter finals, but I am quite confident that Werder and Bayern can do it as well. Btw, what's up with the Spanish? They dominated this competition the last few years (and have always had very strong second tier teams) and now Getafe is the only one left.

Nobody else interested in the UEFA Cup? Nürnberg were cruelly knocked out by a late goal yesterday (well, two actually, but the first one was decisive) after leading Benfica 2-0 up to the 90th minute.

a lie, a lie, it was minute 87. or 89, or something. Not quite 90. I remember it pretty well ( give or take 2 minutes), I was going all so blah at the blahness of it all, but Cardozo :bow: The second one was after minute 90, Àngel nice kid, a classic strike. I guess it all depends on point of view, one person´s tragedy is another´s miracle.

About Getafe we play them next. The UEFA cup was a spanish domain for a bit, right now, might be just statistical blip, or the Liga might be losing ground in competitiveness to the EPL due to all that money ( ramos and all . he really was the double winning uefa cup manager). Last time I checked the coefficients rankings were tight for position number #1, they might lose their number 1 position this season. Or not. we will see - but since the uefa cup and the CL count the same for the coefficients, they losing so many teams in the uefa cup is not good. Not that who is number 1 position makes a difference when it cames to places ( 1 and 2 got same allowances), just psychological I guess.

Jon, can not quite congratulate on Bremen passing the eliminatory, poor Braga, but if they can not score penalty kicks ( you should Sporting right now...), it´s what happens. Or so I presume, I watched almost nothing, besides the obvious of course, these last weeks.

BTW I had to explain this week again to locals who the team whose initials supposedly were LIS was supposed to be. Sporting obviously, which somehow somewhere started to get called Sporting of Lisbon which is like totally not ( they are ok, located on it, but they are just one of Lisbon teams, they do not have it on the name or heraldry and historically they were founded outside it). Somehow something must have happened because on the second half ( just zapping. 2-0 is just, nevermind) the letters were changed for what we call them, SCP.

I seem to remember a story about Guti living with a transvestite a few years ago.

Just sketchily, my memory is that it was just dating, but yeah, transvestite and a famous one at that. Actually there are some funn mockup videos of Guti training, wait, I will try to find them,

(evil, mean, but funny)

lie, a lie, it was minute 87. or 89, or something. Not quite 90.

I think the time was 89 minutes x seconds, which is the 90th minute of the game. ;) I am also not convinced that Benfica beating Nürnberg constitutes a miracle.

Jon, can not quite congratulate on Bremen passing the eliminatory, poor Braga, but if they can not score penalty kicks ( you should Sporting right now...), it´s what happens. Or so I presume, I watched almost nothing, besides the obvious of course, these last weeks.

Yeah, not even an overly generous referee could help Braga in the first game. :P I only watched the first half of the second leg as it really wasn't very good and the second half ran past midnight. Also, I had already watched three other games that day, there apparently is such a thing as too much football. Especially if one of the games is of the quality of Hamburg's heroic draw with Zürich. Talk about dire.*shudders*

I think the time was 89 minutes x seconds, which is the 90th minute of the game. ;) I am also not convinced that Benfica beating Nürnberg constitutes a miracle.

Perhaps, but if it was not a little bit miraculous neither was it *that* cruel or tragic. If it was, it was all those sort of things a little smidgeonlike bit at the same time, if it sunk the harts of Nuremberg fans, it lifted the hearts of Benfica fans just the same. But dire dire game wasn+ t it? of course I am shallow and the result made me feel a bit more kindly towards Camacho ( I think it was Eriksson who once coined a great expression in portuguese, to describe it, meaning something sort of like from swine to swell. It is true), but still, rationally, not good. Internal league seems to be under sort of a total malaise, afecting all even Porto, though there is not much chance this season will be competed at all seriously. On the craziness stakes, a small headline on O Jogo (northern sports paper) yesterday maybe, "ricardo quaresma is a Christ in the league and CL". They were refering to him being the most, or one of the most, frequently fouled players in the league and CL, bt gosh that was funny. Quaresma as Christ, the Quaresma who is answering a court case for hitting a fan and who has broken a few of other people´s bones , and who has this sort of cunning about getting even later (or maybe just racial stereotype but he works on it)

Especially if one of the games is of the quality of Hamburg's heroic draw with Zürich. Talk about dire.*shudders*

That game, just from the participants sounds like something I would never choose to watch. I would rather watch daytime talkshows, and considering our local ones, I would much rather go to the dentist who is very nice and uses anesthetic. Even worse hey?

They were refering to him being the most, or one of the most, frequently fouled players in the league and CL, bt gosh that was funny.

Speaking of which, the most fouled player of the Bundesliga, one "Diego", has just managed to get himself sent off for knocking down a Frankfurt player after losing the ball. :bang:

And now it's 1-0 for Frankfurt. Stupidity. :angry:

That game, just from the participants sounds like something I would never choose to watch.

Hamburg can play some nice football if they want to, but they can also easily play for 0-0, at least against lesser opposition, if it suits them.

Eduardo's injury sounded really nasty. Wenger reckons that more than his season is over.

Yeah, apparently he's missing out on Euro 2008 too, which is a damn shame.

Apparently the tackle was horrific. Only 3 mins in.

I really want to see this video now :tantrum:

Archived