Ball, Ball, Ball, Footie, Footie, Footie

Paddy

It was pretty damn horrifying but personally I think Alan Smith's was worse.

Can't remember Smith's, but according to medical experts any delay in treating Eduardo's leg would have meant that his foot would have had to be amputated. :stunned: Now I feel sick all over again.

Juande Ramos is pretty incredible when it comes to cups although I had to bite my tongue when a reporter said that it was their first serious trophy since 1999 or whenever. The League Cup's just a joke isn't it?

I personally don't think so, though Arsenal and ManYoo have the habit of fielding their second XI for it, which would lend it that air.

And it was the League Cup that Spurs won in 1999 :)

I'm in favour of the defender ( Taylor) being suspended for as long as it takes Eduardo to get back. And add a might fine to it as well. Won't happen, but that would be justice. Scum.

Where the fuck do you get off calling Taylor scum? It was a bad tackle, not a malicious one. He was clumsy and Eduardo caught a fuck load of bad luck. It does not make Taylor scum. So belt up.

I fear for Eduardo, his break seems reminiscent of Busst back in 96 - thus I don't think he'll play again.

N

I remember Busst's injury. It made Schmeichal throw up, IIRC.

Just heard on the radio that Eduardo has got a double compound fracture, the same as Busst. However, it was an infection that ate away at the muscle that ended Busst's career, and doctors say that if Eduardo stays clear of infection, he could be back playing in 9 months. I'm so glad his career has a good chance of continuing.

And Martin Taylor has been to see Eduardo in hospital. Eduardo told him that he bears him no malice - it was just one of those things. Apparently Taylor's really upset about it, though loads of people have been in contact with Birmingham to support him.

Yeah, I just saw that on Sky Sports News as I supped on my water in the airport terminal. It's good - and I'm glad Eduardo has said he bears Taylor no ill will because I don't think Taylor made the tackle with any malice anyway.

I hope he's back around Christmas for some kind of early Christmas present. That would be nice.

I fear for Eduardo, his break seems reminiscent of Busst back in 96 - thus I don't think he'll play again.

Busst has been quoted as saying he thinks Eduardo will play again - apparently, the reason Busst had to retire wasn't the break, it was the infections he got afterwards.

Busst has been quoted as saying he thinks Eduardo will play again - apparently, the reason Busst had to retire wasn't the break, it was the infections he got afterwards.

Good stuff.

N

I'm in favour of the defender ( Taylor) being suspended for as long as it takes Eduardo to get back. And add a might fine to it as well. Won't happen, but that would be justice. Scum.

What a complete heap of stinking horse shit!!

Mate, have you ever watched, played, read about or even heard of football before?

It was a bad tackle but there was never any intent to do Eduardo harm. He was simply too slow and got done by Eduardo. I really feel for poor Ed but I also feel for Taylor as he has to live with this horrible 'ACCIDENT' on his concience.

My God, people talk some bollocks in this thread!

Sean: well, that was posted on the same day as the incident, presumably before some of the subsequent information came to light. Cali may wish to reconsider given Eduardo's own comments, etc. ;) Given that Taylor has had death threats, it's also not that out of line as a reaction.

But most importantly, people have the right to be wrong. Let's not jump down their throats for it. :)

Add to that, that there are plenty of dangerous tackles out there that shouldn't appear, even if they aren't malicious. Here I'm thinking about two-feet, knots out, tackles.

Taylors, tackle appeared to be more of an accident than those tackles. Eduardo (and Taylor) were simply unlucky.

Sean: well, that was posted on the same day as the incident, presumably before some of the subsequent information came to light. Cali may wish to reconsider given Eduardo's own comments, etc. ;) Given that Taylor has had death threats, it's also not that out of line as a reaction.

But most importantly, people have the right to be wrong. Let's not jump down their throats for it. :)

I know you probably don't mean it Mormont, but you're coming off a tad condescending there. You may want to keep it in check ;)

N

It was a bad tackle but there was never any intent to do Eduardo harm. He was simply too slow and got done by Eduardo. I really feel for poor Ed but I also feel for Taylor as he has to live with this horrible 'ACCIDENT' on his concience.

My God, people talk some bollocks in this thread!

Some people do talk bollocks, all of us probably at some time or the other. I would not compare in deserving sympathy Taylor´s situation with Eduardo´s, you might want to check that.

About intention, probably only Taylor knows for sure - human nature and all that, revisiting the past perhaps even Taylor might no longer be totally sure. I would put a hold on any summary executions or trials of Taylor, but I am not opposed to that punishment or exemption should be related to consequences. If say I decide to drive after having a few drinks and end up seriously harming somebody surely I would deserve a punishment which takes into account that harm was done even if I really did not mean it and that I did not expect any dire consequences. I don´t see why football should be different. Taylor might not have meant it. But if people on the end of physical fouls risk their career if something goes bad, then people doing the fouls also should risk something of their career ( suspension maybe for a few months? ) if it does go bad. The english league is somewhat crazy on this, maybe it´s time to consider what can be fairly done, either in this case or sometime in the future. BTW if football is supposed to be a contact sport like this then it´s time to invest thought on more body protections.

Regarding the spanish league, oh wow. Interesting after all isn´t it? and even France!!! Only Portugal is looking lamer and lamer. I have to confess to some self interested mean thoughts. I really want to get rid of Camacho. Only teams likely to take him off our hands ( he still has not learn portuguese, surely that will help) are Spain or Real Madrid. So.... you know. Sorry Loras. Just get him out of here now please.

Archived