Ball, Ball, Ball, Footie, Footie, Footie

Paddy

*pokes Loras*, had fun (with footie, I mean) last night dear? It sounds like a great endorphin rush set up. And be grateful to your neighbours, you owe them.

Oh, I might have been too hasty in saying the magic was gone from Atlético, 4-2 to Barcelona, and Kun really showed himself off ( this season, he has been the best argentinean playing in Spain, IMO). That I noticed both Aguero and Messi (and the rest. but they seemed to do it first and more often so I blame them) refrained from scoring with their hands which I appreciate due to my queasy stomach about that as well. OTOH Atlético are out of the UEFA cup and Barcelona got to play Celtic this week. Though I think they got a nice result in Glasgow, so perhaps resting Messi was overly cautious, but one has to keep in mind the non-official, if very credible, reports of Messi´s peculiar muscle situation and recovery times. So, CL is returning and it is starting to affect the league competitions very much. I got some respect for resting players *now*, it was Milan´s totall wimpiness resting players back in september right before their first (at home!) group stage game I am not forgetting anytime soon. I will revise my predictions of relegation, not a chance now but maybe they will be in the UEFA cup next season if Fiorentina does not screw up too much. OR if they are not run out of the CL too soon, even them might decide that serie A is not after all beneath them if they are taken out already.

Bringing in yesterday was no fun cteresa, you should bring up
indtead.

at the moment I would rather not be reminded that Getafe are actually pretty good. Laudrup hey? I really wish they would totally focus on the spanish league instead of other competitions :P

( but yes, that goal should be shown in schools right? and ouch to barcelona, now Cruyff going back to Holland is so interesting, I wish I knew what is/was really going on. Mourinho rumors are not abating, and heard some interesting tidbits, that if/when Mourinho goes Luis Enrique would be his second, wonder what Pep Guardiola would think of that. If it happens of course.

Cruyff going back to Holland is so interesting, I wish I knew what is/was really going on

As far as I know Cruyff is not coming back to Holland. He is staying in Barcelona. What you mean is that he has taken responsibility for putting Aja x back together again and will act as primary advisor on all football matters. But unfortunately he is mostly staying in Barcelona.

Oh btw, I should add, van Basten, Cruyff's protege, has been signed as Ajax' coach for next season. I hope the combination of these two can set things aright somewhat.

Boy, a few days without checking this thread... and see all that I have missed!

Iceman, you despicable bastard... how dare you put that link up? :P

Teresa, yes, I'm over the moon... we played a horrible match yesterday, but still won it; and Atletico bagged 4 over Barça... Good Lord, I am becoming with every day that passes a believer in Agüero. He's growing as a football player with every match... looks excellent. He did some miraculous stuff yesterday, and against Barça! That 4th goal was something marvelous... wow.

By the way, all of you, check out that bycicle kick by Ronaldinho... :drool:

So we are back at +5 over Barcelona. :) Hope we are able to manage that gap better than last month. We were at +9 3 weeks ago!

Oh btw, I should add, van Basten, Cruyff's protege, has been signed as Ajax' coach for next season. I hope the combination of these two can set things aright somewhat.

Well good. Hopefully the Dutch get a better coach!

Aguerro interesting. Argentina probably has the most exciting players in the world right now distributed all over.

As far as I know Cruyff is not coming back to Holland. He is staying in Barcelona. What you mean is that he has taken responsibility for putting Aja x back together again and will act as primary advisor on all football matters. But unfortunately he is mostly staying in Barcelona.

I heard him called technical director, which I tend to think of as a southern thing, did not know they did it in Holland - very powerful, and hope those have a good relationship with managers. Oh, I thought he would at least move! Will he keep writing his chronicles? It´s an interesting move, I really wish I knew more about Barcelona inner politics ( like most big iberian clubs, it´s very byzantine. To be fair I can not recall any police inquiries about them unlike a few others.)

I know, consider it like this, Van Basten is finally going to be able to field as many ajax players as anybody could possibly, in fact all the team :D so you will need any national manager next season, any likely candidates?

Boy, a few days without checking this thread... and see all that I have missed!

you still ignored the bait about FIFA suspension, go on, let us know what you think. The threat has happened to a lot of us (for a sufficiently exclusive definition of us here), we sympathize, we really do ( well I do, and I am pretty sure Koudolis does as well. Kutz maybe also, long time ago). threat fixed? it´s their big threat.

Iceman, you despicable bastard... how dare you put that link up?

I hope my guys have seen it. Oh, tickets for child sócios are 5 euros each which is nice. But first, derby day, Camacho´s father is unfortunately ill, and Camacho has been spending a LOT of time in Spain. While I am very sorry for the whole family, I do wonder if it is good or bad that he has not been around much. I guess we will find out. Thank you Mallorca btw, that has got to have been slightly helpful.

Teresa, yes, I'm over the moon... we played a horrible match yesterday, but still won it; and Atletico bagged 4 over Barça... Good Lord, I am becoming with every day that passes a believer in Agüero. He's growing as a football player with every match... looks excellent. He did some miraculous stuff yesterday, and against Barça! That 4th goal was something marvelous... wow.

It´s not very flattering to Fernando Torres you know. ( who poor kid, is improving with some what less pressure. Some players react to pressure great, others no). The bycicle goal was nice, all bycicle goals are nice but *cough gorgeous but on all time gorgeousness scales I have sort of seen better*

So we are back at +5 over Barcelona. :) Hope we are able to manage that gap better than last month. We were at +9 3 weeks ago!

You still have to play them at home. This week sort of reminded me of your last games last season, sort of the same feeling to it, no? BTW I do know what you mean about Reyes, he really really really is unforgiveably annoying. Pity about Robben´s health, has he played full 90 minutes yet?

PS - I might be changing my tune later today or later this week( hopefully) but for goodness´s sake take Camacho back, lure him away.

so you will need any national manager next season, any likely candidates?

Yes, apparantly Bert van Marwijk is most likely and he is expected to be announced soon. Has trained some German clubs, currenly does Feyenoord Rotterdam. I don't really see why they went him for him at all, I don't recall him getting big clubs or big results. Then again neither did van Basten but he was stotally fresh and had a huge rep going for him. Some of the other coaches were not considered , like Louis van Gaal or Co Adriaanse, because the Dutch Federation is not on good terms with them, or Martin Jol who did well with Spurs in England. Or Foppe de Haan, who you will not have heard off but he won the European youth championships in 2006 and 2007 with the Ducth team, but he is also not on good terms with chairman. Guus Hiddink was much wanted but he denied both England and Holland to stay with the Russian money machine. So in short the federation went with the least objectionable candidate to themselves, rather than the one you might have thought based on actual performance or attactive play style.

Oh and on Cruyff, as far as I know everything he is doing with Barca and writing articles will continue as usual.

Well this thread has been a disappointment today. Here was I expecting calls for Claude Makele to be strung up by his balls and driven from the professional game for evah!!!!!! Is there some rule on who we demand bans for that I have missed?

Both Birmingham teams failed to deliver, Villa was close but not close enough.

I thought that Birmingham delivered quite well, thanks.

Still smiling two days later. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

N

Well this thread has been a disappointment today. Here was I expecting calls for Claude Makele to be strung up by his balls and driven from the professional game for evah!!!!!! Is there some rule on who we demand bans for that I have missed?

Only fouls on players from the 'big 4' count. Do you know nothing?

If it had been a West Ham player on young Claude, then it would surely have meant the death penalty and rightly so.

I agree that the reaction to Taylor's tackle was over the top. I haven't seen Makalele's tackle to compare, but if it was as bad as is being made out then yeah, he should be condemned too.

Having said that... is anyone really genuinely surprised that a tackle that (apparently) could have broken someone's leg, but didn't, gets less publicity and less reaction than one that could have broken someone's leg, and did? It might not be fair but it's pretty natural, surely?

Archived