ASOIAF Mafia 47.5 - Holiday Massacre!

Mexal

I'm not anywhere nearly as suspicious of Ser Spider as some of you, and his last defense has come off as quite honest and reasonable.

I have a case worked up on Homeless Harpy. It's main points have been hit by others (linked to Gertrude, opportunistic, and at times inconsistent). The main point against her to me was the vote on Thio following the case by Piper (who she had expressed distrust of).

I'll also mention that there's only one person that I'm nearly convinced is innocent, and I hope they're alive in the morning.

There's really no one else I'm willing to PI. I doubt WJ would push THAT hard to kill two partners, but he's tricky, and I'd really hate for him to be laughing on the spoiler forums as he plays a tune for the blind to follow. Plus, despite his early insistence to the contrary, he could always be the SK.

To get it on record, my other top suspects are Halo, and Crusader for being so at odds with everything I've learned about mafia. Voting for night on day 2 in a CF game...it just doesn't add up to very much positive.

ETA - I'm finally going to bed at 7 am after a long night of drinking. This is as coherent as I can be at this point, but I don't work today so I have nothing to do but recover and post/hit f5.

Right now, I have a new suspect: Piper.

Back-tracked on his posts, and, besides joking, all I saw was some role spec in the beginning, and later on, his case on Thio. He has been keeping a sort of a low profile, and from what I learned, that's something that Piper's not likely to do.

He didn't join either mob. Although it would really be hypocritic of me to accuse him for not being on Gert mob, the fact is that he voted Shabba seemingly as a joke. IMO this joke could have been a clever alibi for trying to help his partner.

Furthermore, his Thio case came in right when the Daed mob started gaining strength. Another subtle distraction? He lured people to vote Thio even when Daed had 6 votes on him. Part of me says that his reasons for suspecting Thio are a bit naive (although there is some logic), and in in that perspective simmilar tothe ones JK and Thio had for suspecting him early in the game. And I would expect Piper, who is indeed an experienced, although chaotic, player, to know better than a couple of n00bs.

There is one more reason why I suspect him, but I won't reveal it just yet, as I don't think it would be in the best interest of the innocents.

history lesson: WJ has been playing since game one and is without a doubt the best mafia player on this board. by game 7 this was very obvious and he was already being killed the first night, every game by the FM. Him asking for the heal is not selfish, it is very reasonable considering the fear he normally generates. WJ (and I for slightly different reasons) started the whole alt thing to avoid being killed just because of who we were and not because of anything in the game.

Well, I guess non of the dead players has been the healer, so WJ should be pretty safe tonight. What a misery for the goblin mafia and this Gaia freak. :P

My 2 cents about the SK, since it's probably the only point where I disagree with WJ:

I think that the SK didn't join the mob on Daedalus, based on the assumption that Daedalus was a, uhm, more than average guilty looking person. I don't think the SK has an interest to appear like a threat to the shortlegged faction. If there still is a Patrick dude left that is able to kill. :unsure: I think the SK could have decided to stay away from that lynch mob on Daedalus to appear a bit sympish.

Another restless night passes. Who knows what waits for them in the morning. Will everyone wake up? Will someone wake up dead? Or (shudder at the thought) will even more carnage occur, and two people go to the great holiday in the sky.

The Great Pumpkin wakes up first, eats some candy corn, and feeds a cat (or 3.) He wanders around, nudging people with his foot, waking them. But when he approaches the last body, the nudge produces no results.

Halloweens scream like he saw a ghost. "Come quick! Come quick!"

The newly awaked crowd stumbles zombie-like to the body.

"Oh, no!" The dead president moans.

There, with garland wrapped around his neck is Santa.

Somewhere far away, on a shimmering rainbow, St. Patrick lift's a draft of green beer in honor of his fallen leprechaun Daed.

After downing it he sings, "I see you when you're sleeping, I know when you're awake. I know that I've been bad (not good!) and Christmas is mine you fat bastard!"

SPOILER: night 2
Lany is dead. She was innocent

It is day 3.

12 players remain: Crusader, Filter, Halo, JKMan, Kat, Kilgrey, Piper of Chaos, Ser Spider, Shadowbaby, Thiocyanide, Whiskeyjack, a homeless harpy.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

12 players have not voted: Crusader, Filter, Halo, JKMan, Kat, Kilgrey, Piper of Chaos, Ser Spider, Shadowbaby, Thiocyanide, Whiskeyjack, a homeless harpy.

You have 36 hours.

JKMan - voted for Gert and encouraged mob on Daedalus

Shadowbaby - voted for both Gert and Daedalus

Would I be a possible suspect if I voted for both, Gert and Daed, like Shadow did. Last night I just went to bed and forgot to vote.

But then again we could still say the same thing about you. You voted for both of them.

We only had one kill. Either the FM are toast already, or someone didn't get the kill that he wanted.

Are the FM dead? Daedalus' last post doesn't make me think so.

ETA: actually I meant this post here:

By the looks of things, I already have what, six votes against me? Lots of time left in the day, but it's going to be extremely hard to come back from this, especially considering that I've already pretty much done all I can to defend myself. I do appologize about my last post, I was in a big hurry and didn't really consider how you guys would see it. Maybe it was pointless, but you have to admit I have a reason to be nervous today, considering the fact that almost everyone came into the day with me as their top suspect.

*sigh*

I don't have much else to say. I don't want to be lynched, but it looks pretty much inevitable. A few things that I want to say, in case this is my last chance:

I no longer believe that Thiocyanide is innocent. I'm not going to say that I think he's guilty, but I no longer have reason to believe his innocence.

I think Harpy is very suspicious. She's been just as opportunistic today as yesterday.

But, overall, I think I have the best reason to vote for Halo. Not that it likely matters, but at least this way you guys can use my thoughts in the future.

Yay! Two Shamrocks in a row :)

...and then a Lany death :(

I take the fact that there was no second death tonight as meaning either the SK was guarded or a victim was healed. I think if there is a guard out there it is worth the risk of revealing today as it could lead to the lynching of the SK.

If the SK wasn't guarded, I take that as meaning they tried foolishly to go after WJ. I think that would eliminate Kat as a likely SK as I don't see her as the type to target WJ on night two -- I'd also include myself in that category but I don't expect you all to agree with me.

Seems that our veteran players are dropping in numbers. This sucks as it's harder for me to gage what 'normal' is for most of the players remaining. I'm still suspicious of Thio and Ser Spider, but I'd also say I have a growing suspicion that Piper may be the SK. Admittedly I haven't payed much attention to the case on a homeless harpy - I'll do a reread of them some time today.

Oh, and do the rules of Pless' Really Long Post still apply? If so, I think Kilgrey is evil :P

Right now, I have a new suspect: Piper.

He didn't join either mob. Although it would really be hypocritic of me to accuse him for not being on Gert mob, the fact is that he voted Shabba seemingly as a joke. IMO this joke could have been a clever alibi for trying to help his partner.

Response:

I wasn't around when the Gert lynch got the momentum. She was near a lynch when I returned - and died while I was catching up with the tread. If I wanted to help Gert, I would have pushed for Shadow a bit harder, don't you think?

Oh what a pity, Lany is out of the game and she was one of the people I believed here to be VPI....now I'm almost convinced that Shadowbaby is innocent.

I tried to follow the posts and I see I am right in the first trier of WJ's suspects list. As he is one of the most experienced Mafia players here, I suppose he illustrates well the adage that nobody is perfect.

I didn't vote for Daedalus because I found the case of Thio, made by Piper, more valid. Daedalus was a FM, very nice, but he is by no means the last FM around. WJ, do you think that Thio is more innocent now? If so, why?

And please, consider that he attacked me a lot in one of his last posts here (and Shadowbaby actually defended me).Sure, he didn't vote for me but he definitely promised to make a case against me in the near future. So you, WJ, consider Shadowbaby VPI and in the same time you put me in your first trier of suspects? Sorry, I don't follow your logic.

Ok that's all when it comes to defending myself. I am innocent, if you think otherwise - lynch and waste your chance to find a real SK/FM.

Ok, just one comment for Kilgrey:

Not only defending flipped scum, but voting the person who initiated the vote on said scum.
It was a comment about Gertrude and WJ. The problem is, at that point nobody would call Gert a scum because her role weren't revealed yet. There are other people that didn't like the case of WJ and didn't think that Gert was a FM. Why, according to you, only I should bear the consequences? I understand your difficulties - catching up is not nice, but it was over the top. May I remind you - you didn't like the case of Daedalus and he was an FM, like Gert. Does it mean you are an FM too? Just look at your own defence of Daedalus, a second FM scum.

I don't like the case on Daed. I really don't see him being scum esepcially for the reasons given. There is a VAST difference between the reasons he defended Gert, and the reasons he voted Shadowbaby to me. Personally, I didn't like WJs case on her being based on metagaming reasons from a completely different game. His reasons on Shadowbaby at least had to do with the game we are in now. It might not seem like much, but it is a definite line in reasoning. Daed also spoke out against WJ when WJ tried to start a bandwagon on Shadowbaby just to see what would happen.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised seeing somebody building a case from it. Not me, though, as I would be written off as a revengeful, ugly harridan. I'll be watching you, though.

My main suspects list is now reconsidered but I suppose Thio and Ser Spider will stay on it. I would like to remind you one comment of Lany -maybe she was killed just because of it.

if Thio and Dead are connected, it is Thio who is the killer and Dead who is the symp. I quite agree.

If the SK wasn't guarded, I take that as meaning they tried foolishly to go after WJ. I think that would eliminate Kat as a likely SK as I don't see her as the type to target WJ on night two -- I'd also include myself in that category but I don't expect you all to agree with me.

If the SK wasn't guarded? What about the remaining goblin? Or do you think that there are still two redheads out there?

Halo?

After some thinking I vote for Thiocyanide again. Her latest posts were just a bunch of careful questions and/or responses like :

That's not really an issue. We just want input from you is all. Any information is good information.

or

So in other words you're just piggybacking onto the cases of two veteran players without adding anything of value.Interesting. I suppose taking the paths of least resistance works.

or

Don't take anything personally. Every statement made by you is likely to get picked apart.

And I have to say, your willingness to participate is a plus.

She voted Daedalus but I would say it was more oportunistic than anything I've posted/done here so far. It was hard but if she is a SK who acts all alone, she had to follow the suit.

And this comment of Piper's case:

I'm internally debating whether or not to say something at this time, because depending on the circumstances, it could be bad or good for us. I guess it really depends on if Piper's argument picks up momentum.

Piper, you can continue with your case on me. It's only doing good things.

Thio, please, be so good and explain what you meant.

edited for clarity.

Archived